A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's second striker....

I'm sure that Young has primarily played as a winger throughout his career mate, its only this season in which he has played as a second striker.

I think he would be a good signing, and would also improve training and playing with a better squad of players and obviously having sir alex as his govener.

Regardless of where Young's best position is one thing is for sure; he is more of a winger than James Milner. Which makes Capello's reasoning a bit odd.

Capello is an idiot.. Everyone that manages England becomes one for some unknown reason..

I am more optimistic about the young signing than I was of the Valencia signing.. I am sure he will be good for us..

Capello is an idiot.. Everyone that manages England becomes one for some unknown reason..

I am more optimistic about the young signing than I was of the Valencia signing.. I am sure he will be good for us..

The unknown known is that it's a thankless task managing England with all the hype that goes with it.Whatever selction you make you're set up for failure unless you win something immediately

The unknown known is that it's a thankless task managing England with all the hype that goes with it.Whatever selction you make you're set up for failure unless you win something immediately

So what makes them make such absurd decisions?

Sven-Taking Theo to the WC
England hiring Maclaren
Capello-Dropping Theo, Young and Johnson and taking SWP instead?

Young was a striker. Then a winger. This season he's played in the hole for Villa

But when he's played for England he's done well on the wing this season. Those comments suggest that Young will continue to play club football in the hole and Capello only wants to pick him in that position from now on

England hiring Maclaren

I don't know who was the worse out of these three.

I think I will go for Capello purely due to the fact, that he has so much more talent to pick from and then he goes and takes Heskey and Upson to the fecking WC. And due to the fact he was stubborn to keep playing 4-4-2.

I think I will go for Capello purely due to the fact, that he has so much more talent to pick from and then he goes and takes Heskey and Upson to the fecking WC. And due to the fact he was stubborn to keep playing 4-4-2.

No way.

Sven playing England's most talented midfielder out on the left therby ending his England career, to accommodate Gerrard and Lampard because he didn't have the balls to drop one of them....that takes some stupidity.

I don't believe Capello inherited a great squad just because we qualified from a shit group didn't make them potential WC winners

I'm sure that Young has primarily played as a winger throughout his career mate, its only this season in which he has played as a second striker.

To be fair he was good in the role for England today.

Oh Hoddle was worse - with that healer of his :)

Capello has just said that he didn't start Young because wing is not his position.

Is he an idiot?

No, he's clearly not an idiot, he's one of the foremost managers in world football. His English clearly isn't fantastic perhaps he meant he sees Young more as a central player than a Winger. I'm sure he's aware that he can play on the wing.

No way.

Sven playing England's most talented midfielder out on the left therby ending his England career, to accommodate Gerrard and Lampard because he didn't have the balls to drop one of them....that takes some stupidity.

I don't believe Capello inherited a great squad just because we qualified from a shit group didn't make them potential WC winners

He has so much more talent to chose from for the fecking WC last year. He made so many poor judgments. He was such a hypocrite. He ordered Beckham he had to play in Europe and prove himself, when clearly he was good enough to play for England even last year and he goes and picks SWP who did not even play that much for his club in freaking England.

No, he's clearly not an idiot, he's one of the foremost managers in world football. His English clearly isn't fantastic perhaps he meant he sees Young more as a central player than a Winger. I'm sure he's aware that he can play on the wing.

I get your point but he has been in this job for like three-four years, surely he should've honed his English skills to such an extent that he is able to answer the questions properly. Also bit of an odd thing to say considering he started James Milner on the wing who is much less of a winger than Young.

England hiring Maclaren

They can't win, really...had they taken the opposite decision...

Some will claim not taking theo or whoever is the press darling at the time was the reason england failed....

They can't win, really, unless they win.

Some will claim not taking theo or whoever is the press darling at the time was the reason england failed....

The main problem with taking Walcott - wasn't the fact that he was taking him, it was that he was taking him and never used him.

I agree about the impossible pressure but really, taking Walcott in 2006 was sheer idiocy. Eriksson took a half-fit Rooney, a 17-year-old Walcott, Michael Owen and Peter Crouch to a World Cup...

I wouldn't say it's that cut and dried anymore. The English media and public used to expect success but I think we've conditioned enough to now know that it's unrealistic to expect that. What we all expect is a good showing and at least a feeling of performing well at our level.

Picking the right players, consistently, is a major deciding factor in realising this expectation. England managers, generally, have crumbled under pressure and made some ludicrous selection decisions. They seem to either bow to public pressure and select players they don't really want or become pig-headed and pick players out of principle despite not really having any faith in them.

I agree about the impossible pressure but really, taking Walcott in 2006 was sheer idiocy. Eriksson took a half-fit Rooney, a 17-year-old Walcott, Michael Owen and Peter Crouch to a World Cup...
And left an in form Defoe at home

I spoke to a genuine ITK today.

Apparently Young's most likely destination is Pool

Ben Foster's going Villa

And Mickail Smith is off to one of Celtic/Rangers/QPR.

I spoke to a genuine ITK today.

Apparently Young's most likely destination is Pool

Ben Foster's going Villa

And Mickail Smith is off to one of Celtic/Rangers/QPR.

Really?? We seem to going against our plans in January which looked like Young and Rodwell as definate buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.