A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is that he is gonna get sacked for making one of the signings of the season ? Without Bent - Villa would have been relegated - and he will guarantee them 15-20 goals each season

I think he was listing things the guy he knows has been right about:

1. MON's sacking
2. Houllier leaving because of health
3. some other transfers, inc Bent's signing

So what you are saying is that he is gonna get sacked for making one of the signings of the season ? Without Bent - Villa would have been relegated - and he will guarantee them 15-20 goals each season
The Aston Villa guy was right about his early informations about Aston Villa.

I believe him about the Young deal coz he isn`t a muppet.

why do we need Young when our wings are so well stocked?

1. Fighting on every possible front
2. Inevitable injuries (I hope, I'm wrong)
3. Rotation system
Kermitflailing.gif

'kin hell, we havent even signed the fecker yet and some of you are talking about selling him!!

why do we need Young when our wings are so well stocked?

How are they so well sorted? We have 2 wingers who prefer playing on the right.. Nani and Valencia.. And we have Park who is a workhorse and can practically play anywhere.. But is more often than not shunted out to the Left hand side cause either Nani or Valencia are already on the right and then we have Giggs who is obviously a left winger but is played ever so often in the middle.. We need a winger who prefers playing on the left.. Also the fact that he is coming so cheap just makes it more likely doesn't it? He is 25-26.. English, good at set pieces/crosses, PL proven, Versatile.. What else do you want?

I think this transfer makes perfect sense for me..

I think he was listing things the guy he knows has been right about:

1. MON's sacking
2. Houllier leaving because of health
3. some other transfers, inc Bent's signing

OK - that made more sense :)

Nanis off as part of the sneijder deal.

is this some wind up muppetry or based on even the tiniest shred of evidence?

Why on earth would Nani want to move to Milan when he already plays for and is a key member of the 2nd best team in Europe?!

is this some wind up muppetry or based on even the tiniest shred of evidence?

Why on earth would Nani want to move to Milan when he already plays for and is a key member of the 2nd best team in Europe?!

Because he doesn't get to play in the big games?

I'm not saying he will be off but it could be a reason. Players do leave for all sorts of reasons.

What's this nonsense about not playing big games? When he was on form he played big games and small games. When he went off form towards the end of the season he was left out.

What's this nonsense about not playing big games? When he was on form he played big games and small games. When he went off form towards the end of the season he was left out.

This nonsense about not playing in big games is perhaps down to him not playing in big games.

Just a guess. It could be to do with overcooked beans, but I doubt it. It probably is the not playing in big games thing that I was referring to when I said a possible reason might be that he doesn't play in all the big games.

I hope that's clarified that for you.

P.S when I say 'I hope that's clarified that for you', I mean, I hope the above has clarified the situation for you. Just to avoid a 'What's this nonsense about I hope that has clarified the situation for you?' response.

But of course speculation or reason or suggestion linking anyone away from Old Trafford if they're not called Darron Gibson, will always be bollocks as other than himself, even though he yet hasn't, no player has ever left or been sold.

Once Valencia came back and started playing regularly, Nani started to start less often. He usually will with Valencia around

Once Valencia came back and started playing regularly, Nani started to start less often. He usually will with Valencia around

Indeed, I've made that point myself. With what Park offers in the 'big-big' games vs what I've long considered to be Fergie's preference for Valencia on the right over Nani, his starting opportunities will be limited. He may still start more often than he doesn't but he won't in the really big games, play any more than half of them, if that.

But that's not to say I think he will leave but a reason why he might. Every player from every club have reasons why they MIGHT leave.

This nonsense about not playing in big games is perhaps down to him not playing in big games.

Just a guess. It could be to do with overcooked beans, but I doubt it. It probably is the not playing in big games thing that I was referring to when I said a possible reason might be that he doesn't play in all the big games.

I hope that's clarified that for you.

P.S when I say 'I hope that's clarified that for you', I mean, I hope the above has clarified the situation for you. Just to avoid a 'What's this nonsense about I hope that has clarified the situation for you?' response.
Such a condescending post. Poor form.

It's absolute crap. When Nani is on form, he's undroppable, our best winger. He played a huge part in getting us to where we were around February or March, when his form dropped. The fact Valencia then played the big matches in his place does not mean it's a usual state, just a question of form.

Such a condescending post. Poor form.

That's considered condescending in a section of a forum that posts the hilarious funny (at least the first eleven and a half thousand times it's posted on the same fecking page) gif of Kermit the frog in various degrees of self-masturbation, as soon as anyone mentions a bit of transfer speculation?

Oh okay.

...actually, it was rather patronising and I do apologise to the poster I quoted.

It's absolute crap. When Nani is on form, he's undroppable, our best winger. He played a huge part in getting us to where we were around February or March, when his form dropped. The fact Valencia then played the big matches in his place does not mean it's a usual state, just a question of form.

I don't think he is. I apologise for earlier by the way, but I still disagree with you. I don't think Nani is an undroppable player. We do have them, but I don't think he's one.

I cannot see Park however, being used week in week out and Young isn't as good as either.

That's considered condescending in a section of a forum that posts the hilarious funny (at least the first eleven and a half thousand times it's posted on the same fecking page) gif of Kermit the frog in various degrees of self-masturbation, as soon as anyone mentions a bit of transfer speculation?

Oh okay.

...actually, it was rather patronising and I do apologise to the poster I quoted.

If you felt that way you could have just said that instead of the part before.

Anyway I hope we don't sign Young. That is all.

Nani is a player who can make something happen out of nothing, and he's done so quite a few times. We don't have enough of that, so getting rid of one played who can do that would be silly.

Now, if he was regularly dropped in big matches despite being on form, I could have seen a problem. But since he hit a peak last season he started some big ones. After his form dropped this year, he just didn't merit a place over the other wingers, but I can't see it being anything other than a question of form.

Nani is a player who can make something happen out of nothing, and he's done so quite a few times. We don't have enough of that, so getting rid of one played who can do that would be silly.

Now, if he was regularly dropped in big matches despite being on form, I could have seen a problem. But since he hit a peak last season he started some big ones. After his form dropped this year, he just didn't merit a place over the other wingers, but I can't see it being anything other than a question of form.

We don't have enough of it, indeed, yet for some reason I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Valencia will usually play unless he is in terrible form. If he is fit, he normally plays. Both Valencia and Park will also usually start big games.

Valencia will usually play unless he is in terrible form. If he is fit, he normally plays. Both Valencia and Park will also usually start big games.

Their one advantage over Nani is defensive work, positional sense, etc. I'd like to think that if we sort our the middle of the field, we'll be able to field a our best attacking winger. And like I said, Nani started big ones even with those two around.

Their one advantage over Nani is defensive work, positional sense, etc. I'd like to think that if we sort our the middle of the field, we'll be able to field a our best attacking winger. And like I said, Nani started big ones even with those two around.

Still can't see it happening to be honest.

I think people have very short memories. They haven't seen Nani doing his magic for a while, so suddenly he's a player who'll be dropped for lesser talented ones on a regular basis. You don't drop Nani when he's on form. And I don't think we've let him sit for big games during the 13-14 months he has been even when Valencia was fit.

Valencia got dropped for Nani for a decent part of last season. Fergie will pick the two most in-form wingers for any given game (or the wingers that best fit his specific tactics). Competition for places. It's a good thing.

Completely agree.

Valencia got dropped for Nani for a decent part of last season. Fergie will pick the two most in-form wingers for any given game (or the wingers that best fit his specific tactics). Competition for places. It's a good thing.

Competition for places is fine. Fergie however likes competition as well as options. Usually each player offers something different to the other which enables more tactical flexibility and he can rotate based on the oppositions weaknesses.

At this moment I don't see what Young could offer that is different to what Nani, Park and Valencia offer in terms of tactical flexibility.

Perhaps the face that he can play behind the striker is a consideration. Although I have no idea how he has done in that role.

At this moment I don't see what Young could offer that is different to what Nani, Park and Valencia offer in terms of tactical flexibility.

Perhaps the face that he can play behind the striker is a consideration. Although I have no idea how he has done in that role.

Well, like you said, he can play an extra role, he's got a good set piece on him, and he's probably a bit of a mix between the styles of Nani and Valencia as he can do the job of on orthodox winger, yet is more likely to spring a surprise, cut inside, etc. I wouldn't take him if it meant letting go of Antonio or Nani, but as another option, he's quite welcome.

Guys, a mate of mine broke into Gill's office at OT and found a memo from Fergie, i've copied the contents below:

Gilly,

Transfer targets:

I want the below before i return from my hols and don't fcuk it like Kenyon did...

Young
Adam
Green
Micky Phelan

Regards

Fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.