A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if Giggs is used as often as he has been this season tbh.

In the last 3 seasons he's made 21 PL and CL starts, 21 PL and CL starts and then this season 25 PL and CL starts. Who knows what he's capable of. We all thought this after he won POTY, we all thought it last season and we absolutely all thought it in 07/08. I think it's about time we stop trying to understand the workings of Giggs, stop trying to predict his limitations, because he's constantly made us look silly.

I personally feel when he retires he'll retire at the top, still hugely influential and still producing moments of magic throughout. I don't have a clue though, and I've given up trying to convince myself I do! He defies logic, he's a phenomenon.

young isnt really important
Modric would be a starter. Him going to chelsea would be annoying

BeardedGenius on Twitter? What's that difference between that and December_16 on Redcafe claming Modric goes to United, Sneijder to Tottenham, and Dong to Barcelona?

In the last 3 seasons he's made 21 PL and CL starts, 21 PL and CL starts and then this season 25 PL and CL starts. Who knows what he's capable of. We all thought this after he won POTY, we all thought it last season and we absolutely all thought it in 07/08. I think it's about time we stop trying to understand the workings of Giggs, stop trying to predict his limitations, because he's constantly made us look silly.

I personally feel when he retires he'll retire at the top, still hugely influential and still producing moments of magic throughout. I don't have a clue though, and I've given up trying to convince myself I do! He defies logic, he's a phenomenon.

Surely you have to wonder how the upturn in his private life will affect his performances on the pitch.

Surely you have to wonder how the upturn in his private life will affect his performances on the pitch.

It's been upturning for weeks now, and you couldn't notice anything just by looking at him playing.

Rooney had his own issues, and he's fine. Giggsy's far more experienced. I'm not worried at all on that account.

I've pretty much not even acknowledged it really. He's a fantastic professional he'll know how to deal with it.

He is off to Liverpool if BBC are to be believed...

Manchester United target Ashley Young has made a decision on where his future lies, and has chosen to sign a deal with Liverpool, according to BBC Radio.

Young’s future with Aston Villa has been dicey all season, and after Dalglish took a liking to both Young and teammate Stuart Downing, the Liverpool manager was reportedly hoping he might be able to offer Villa a sum they can’t refuse.

Young recently said he was hopeful of signing with a club that would be able to offer Champions League football, putting Manchester United ahead to secure the 25-year-old.

But while Liverpool aren’t playing European football in any capacity next season, Dalglish is still confident he can secure Young’s signature with a long term plan to take the history-rich club back to their glory days.

The January signings of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez, along with the permanent signing of Dalglish as Liverpool manager, appear to have shown Young that the Merseryside club is serious in their ambitions to challenge for trophies.

While reports are circulating that Manchester United have a £50 million summer budget to splash on new talent, The Daily Mail is reporting that Sir Alex Ferguson has refused to pay the £16 million asking price for Young, and would rather bring younger, fresher talent to the Manchester United camp.

This leaves Dalglish in the hot seat to cough up the fee for Young, who looks to be all but exiting his current club.

kermit.jpg

Would be useful but he's not a neccessity, Modric or Sneijder are.

Oh, and there's no chance he'll choose the dippers over us, if he goes there it's because SAF was never interested just as with Joe Cole.

We could do with a backup winger as we have only 2 players who are 'pacey wingers'
Giggs and park can play wide, but they arent the type to stretch the play and cross from the byline

If not young, it'll probably be someone else. Was hoping Obertan would take that spot but looks like he might not be the player to do it, atleast next season

This is panning out like the Joe Cole deal last summer.. not too bothered .

I said before when this Ashley Young crap was running wild that this is probably another Joe Cole type of bullshit rumor. People thought it'd make sense, put 1+1 together, a few twitter Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime spread a few 'unconfirmed reports' and suddenly everyone's accepted he's nailed on to sign for us.

Would be useful but he's not a neccessity, Modric or Sneijder are.

Oh, and there's no chance he'll choose the dippers over us, if he goes there it's because SAF was never interested just as with Joe Cole.

I'd say he was interested, just like was said above, he won't pay £16m for the lad seeing as he has a year left on his contract. Silly money.

I'd say he was interested, just like was said above, he won't pay £16m for the lad seeing as he has a year left on his contract. Silly money.

Ok then, never REALLY interested.

This summer I believe SAF will pay what is required for the players he really wants.

That BBC radio report offers no backup of its conclusion, it sounds like more speculation and assumption.

Would you actually be upset if Sir Alex thought he was good enough to play for us?

Pinch of salt lads, no quotes, plus the fact that it was only the other day he was apparently signing for us in the 'coming days'.

Pinch of salt lads, no quotes, plus the fact that it was only the other day he was apparently signing for us in the 'coming days'.

Wasn't he allegedly having a medical last Friday? Mind you it could have been for an STD

I seriously doubt he had a medical with United.

I'm not overly bothered one way or the other, though that report seems to be a bit sketchy and I wonder if it's based on that interview with the Sun reporter yesterday, who said no such thing. The only thing that matters to me is if we want him at all. If Fergie wants him, I hope we get him. If we don't, I won't mind either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.