A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

12.30pm we have the CC cup quarter final, I’m sure there will be questions asked and we will see what happens, I can see Poch getting a little irritated.

Hi guys thanks for adding me, i've been a reader of your forum for some time and I think its one of the best, football forums on line, I usually look in on different club forums to get different fan views, so here's my take on Poch to Utd.

I think he would be the best man for Man Utd, but I don't think you will get him. He turned done Real recently, he has a great relationship with Levy, the players and the fans, we will be going into one of the best stadiums on the planet etc etc. Yes Man Utd are one of the Worlds great clubs, but timing is everything and the time isnt now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys thanks for adding me, i've been a reader of your forum for some time and I think its one of the best, football forums on line, I usually look in on different club forums to get different fan views, so here's my take on Poch to Utd.

I think he would be the best man for Man Utd, but I don't think you will get him. He turned done Real recently, he has a great relationship with Levy, the players and the fans, we will be going into one of the best stadiums on the planet etc etc. Yes Man Utd are one of the Worlds great clubs, but timing is everything and the time isnt now.
Of course. Caretaker for now. We will talk about Poch in the summer.

Dont think we will get him tbh. Spurs have a better team right now. New stadium and all.

The only way we will get him is if we offer him drastically more money than what he is on at spurs.

Dont think we will get him tbh. Spurs have a better team right now. New stadium and all.

The only way we will get him is if we offer him drastically more money than what he is on at spurs.

That also means Spurs have to pay for the new stadium which could restrict transfer activity. Also wondering about Eriksen's contract swaying him?

Ultimately I guess it comes down to if he wants to go and is prepared to force it. If he is then with a huge wedge of cash I'm sure it's possible. If he isn't really enthusiastic about it then forget it.

That also means Spurs have to pay for the new stadium which could restrict transfer activity. Also wondering about Eriksen's contract swaying him?

Just thinking how great it would be to Lure Poch away from Spurs and then steal Eriksen in the summer. Dream come true!

But at United he has a far bigger chance of winning the league in the next 3-5 years than he will at spurs unless he believes that Madrid are going to come calling

Which wont be hard. I read it'll cost 31m to get him out of Spurs which is peanuts in modern football

Do it. It'll be hard slog initially but he's proven he'll coach us into a much better side

No chance, if he's leaving Spurs it'd be for Real.

I think there would have to be a serious breakdown in his relationship with Levy for him to consider joining United.

Neville starting the tapping up campaign already.

But guys, let's not torture ourselves with this.

We ain't getting him. Move on.

Yes Spurs have a new stadium but you don't pass up on the chance to stay at the Four Seasons because Sheraton have built a new hotel.

Poch knows he is very unlikely to ever win anything at Spurs. He has built a nice team with impressive use of the resources available to him but he'll know that United will give him the chance to compete with the best in the business.

If United can prove to him that we are serious about restructuring the footballing side of the club behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him make this logical next step up to a major club.

Yes Spurs have a new stadium but you don't pass up on the chance to stay at the Four Seasons because Sheraton have built a new hotel.

Poch knows he is very unlikely to ever win anything at Spurs. He has built a nice team with impressive use of the resources available to him but he'll know that United will give him the chance to compete with the best in the business.

If United can prove to him that we are serious about restructuring the footballing side of the club behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him make this logical next step up to a major club.

What if the Sheraton, is in London, the lifts are working & the pool is clean & there is a General Manager keeping the hotel ticking over ?

Neville starting the tapping up campaign already.

But guys, let's not torture ourselves with this.

We ain't getting him. Move on.

Ok, that's that then, sure we're only Manchester United. No hope, not even a 1% chance.

Close the thread everyone.

Of course. Caretaker for now. We will talk about Poch in the summer.
Its no secret Real wanted him, and he turned them down. He ain't going anywhere not now, not in the summer, I’m sure the Utd hierarchy know this, and will be looking else where.

Which wont be hard. I read it'll cost 31m to get him out of Spurs which is peanuts in modern football

Do it. It'll be hard slog initially but he's proven he'll coach us into a much better side

Would love if we got him alright. Another rebuilding job though. I seem to recall he kind of struggled in his first season at spurs. Erikson kept getting last minute goals i think.

I dont know. if i am Poch and i look at our team and the spurs team, at present it must be emphasized, i would be staying at spurs.

Granted he would have a bigger budget at united.

On a purely football level I would suspect that Pochettino would be very, very tempted at making the switch. There is no doubt that it would be a step up for him, even considering the good moment that Spurs are in right now.

Without knowing him personally though, he just doesn't seem the type of guy that would leave that job for another PL club - even United. I don't see it happening, but if I was a Spurs fan right now I'd be more than a little uneasy at the thought.

If Woodward is serious he just needs to approach Levy in a respectable way none of this tapping up business, just make him a good offer he can't say no to. We all know Levy loves money. Just put the cash to let him know we're not playing games.

What if the Sheraton, is in London, the lifts are working & the pool is clean & there is a General Manager keeping the hotel ticking over ?

It's still a Sheraton. It's a good hotel that should be proud of their achievements. But it'll never be a Four Seasons. Those with the highest standards will always gravitate towards the very best, even if a toddler is after having a piss in the swimming pool.

You guys might need to pay their stadium debt for Levy to think about letting Pochettino go :) He wont come cheaper for sure as I understand even Madrid admires him.

He just said he won't comment on rumours and other clubs. Said he is focused on and giving his best for Spurs.

Standard response, and it's the sort of response he was giving in the summer before signing the contract and rejecting Madrid.

I think the only way we get Poch is if the money is too good to turn down, and Fergie calls him giving him a motivational speech about passing the torch etc.

From Poch's presser via the Beeb:
Asked about being a target for United, he says there have been "a lot of rumours that happen in my position at Tottenham - I cannot answer that type of question".

He adds: "I am focused on doing the best I can here.”

Would love if we got him alright. Another rebuilding job though. I seem to recall he kind of struggled in his first season at spurs. Erikson kept getting last minute goals i think.

I dont know. if i am Poch and i look at our team and the spurs team, at present it must be emphasized, i would be staying at spurs.

Granted he would have a bigger budget at united.

If you're Poch you've got to be thinking you've taken Spurs as far as you can. He'll be on even more of a shoe string budget than he has been already over the next few transfer windows during which time a lot of his players will be getting older and in need of replacing

I still feel it's likely Madrid will want him and he'll go there so to not join a direct rival of Spurs' though

If Woodward is serious he just needs to approach Levy in a respectable way none of this tapping up business, just make him a good offer he can't say no to. We all know Levy loves money. Just put the cash to let him know we're not playing games.

Levy isn't stupid, and no money would allow us to replace what he means to Tottenham right now. As long as Pochettino wants to stay at Spurs no money would make Levy happy to see him go. Having said that, if Pochettino wants to leave in the summer it will happen, but no doubt we would do whatever we could do keep him.

I don't see him leaving though, even though the united job is a dream for any project-manager.

Poch essentially has his choice between Spurs, United and Real Madrid next summer. If I was compiling Odd's (assuming United are NOT in CL & Spurs / Real are) I would make United the outsider in that 3 horse race

What did he say? x

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ose-mourinho-sacked-by-manchester-united-live

POCHETTINO: I AM FOCUSED ON SPURS

Gary Neville has suggested Mauricio Pochettino could be a candidate to become next permanent Manchester United - but the Tottenham boss has played down the suggestion.

Pochettino said: "I cannot answer this type of question. These type of rumours happen in this business, in football.

“A lot of rumours happen, but it is not my business what happened at another club. I am so focused in trying to deliver my best job at this football club.

"I want to send my best wishes to him (Mourinho). I feel so sorry, because I know him very well, I have a very good relationship with him.

“He is a very good friend. It is sad news what happened today."

I know it has been a few years with some crap seasons, but people really underestimate what the name of Manchester United still means, there is every bit of chance that we get Poch if we really want him, easy as that, whether some on here want to admit it or not.