Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He won't answer the question about accepting the election results

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Trump's answer on "will you accept elections" was so bad!!!???
Biden actually speaking at audible volume in reply!? And saying something coherent.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Did something happen to Biden’s chin during the course of the debate? It looked weird at the end.

Pronewbie

Peep
Biden with the strong finish there, rightfully calling Trump a whiner. Still, these 2 being the best candidates and the kind of debate they're having shows how rotten the system is.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You got double haters, Haley supporters, ethnic minorities, & those who are very nascent following the campaigns. You have to remember, we've never had a debate this early before. We are in completely uncharted territory. We're only a week into summer. Labor Day typically signals when those who haven't thought a whit about the campaign finally start paying attention. The uniqueness of this debate signals to me that there is still uniqueness in those following their candidate of choice that can turn them on or off.

Hopefully Biden can break the curse of the incumbent always losing the first debate, a curse that goes back to Kennedy v. Nixon in 1960 (that debate was odd, those who were only listening to the debate said Nixon won, those who watched the debate said Kennedy won).
17% sounds pretty accurate. There are a lot more undecideds than you might think having access only to the internet and international news from Europe and not listening to random people at bars, restaurants, social gatherings, etc. A lot of people will watch the debate at friend's houses, at bars, simply because its the only live thing on at 6-9pm not out of intense interest in reading politics every day. There are a fair number of people who dislike both Biden and Trump where even if they are predisposed one way, they are thinking about not voting at all so the debate could determine if they vote at all.

Ill take your word for it. Hopefully Biden performs great or he faints and retires from the race

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
They're both senile. Feck off USA. Is this really the best you can do?
Trump has undoubtedly been helped both times by the candidates he’s been up against. How the Democrat party could select Hillary Clinton and this Joe Biden is beyond me.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Ill take your word for it. Hopefully Biden performs great or he faints and retires from the race
Well he looked li.ke he would faint before it even started!

Biden was real bad first 15 mins, Trump has been coherent but has lied his ass off and Biden has been getting better

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Well he looked li.ke he would faint before it even started!

Biden was real bad first 15 mins, Trump has been coherent but has lied his ass off and Biden has been getting better
I didnt even know that it was on when i wrotr the message

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
stopped midway through biden's closing statement. could barely hear what he was saying. something about taxes, but the actual point was unclear.

the height-weight squabble in the middle - the only part where both men were fired up - was maybe the funniest thing that's happened in US politics.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Who do we think was more rambling and incoherent overall?

didn't watch all of it. trump had one insanely incoherent answer (on accepting the election). went into a tangent which made no sense.

but biden.... not just incoherent, he was hoarse and quiet, so it was impossible to even guess the larger points he was making. this wasn't just one answer, it happened multiple times. and i watched the later parts of the debate where he supposedly did better.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Who do we think was more rambling and incoherent overall?
Definitely Biden, Trump was Trump.

But if by rambling and incoherent you’re referring to bombast and bluster then the answer’s Trump.

Last edited: