2024 U.S. Elections

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Biden is like watching an animal freshly hit by a car, crawl off to it's death, but funny. Bring on the next debate, this is sport for me.

InfiniteBoredom

Biden is like watching an animal freshly hit by a car, crawl off to it's death, but funny. Bring on the next debate, this is sport for me.
Some network insiders are saying the odds of a Sept debate is slim to none atm. They will whisk him away from the spotlight and hope Trump implodes on his own since it kinda worked in 2020, except, of course, the current landscape and scrutiny are completely different.

Mike Smalling

If Trump loses in November, it will be funniest thing to ever have happened. Through a combination of DNC incompetence and Biden's own arrogance and hubris, they have served Trump with the easiest layup of all time, but there is still a chance that the fumbles it, because people hate him so much. It would also be quite dangerous because his goons won't accept, but still funny. I don't think it will happen, but I really want to see it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Some network insiders are saying the odds of a Sept debate is slim to none atm. They will whisk him away from the spotlight and hope Trump implodes on his own since it kinda worked in 2020, except, of course, the current landscape and scrutiny are completely different.
Biden's polling was consistently good in 2020, especially after May and Trump's covid handling becoming a scandal. And he did ok in the debates too.
Simply can't coast this time.

InfiniteBoredom

Biden's polling was consistently good in 2020, especially after May and Trump's covid handling becoming a scandal. And he did ok in the debates too.
Simply can't coast this time.
Yes, there was also lockdown as an excuse for limited public event, he wasn’t the president so there was no obligations for appearances/briefings, no Gaza etc…

Ds clearly hoped he got one good performance left in him and they can shut up shop then, hence this early debate, which is fecking bonkers given his current state and lack of debate prep after a nonexistent primary season.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't look at it as gotcha at all. Yes they are both old. Yes a lot of politicians are old and need to retire and go sit down somewhere. But the hyperbole around Biden's aging like he is propped up and a barely conscious corpse to prop up trump is ridiculous.

The idea that I as a voter should be more scared of Biden's cognitive ability currently. Than what trump actually says and does, and the people that he surrounds himself with and their plans that they clearly have outlined is what is scary. Not an old man career politician getting a bit older than when he last ran. Even if Biden did need help down stairs cause of old age or whatever else "age". At least he isn't threatening vengeance on prosecutors and election workers, and every alphabet agency that dared try to do their jobs and investigate frauds and criminals that included trump and his closest allies.

I don't care if Biden had to have a wheelchair and a nurse push him around for 4 years. There is no way I would want trump and his evangelical freaks to possibly get even more Supreme Court justices and lock down the courts for the rest of my lifetime.
I don't disagree with this but my point is that some try to defend what Biden has become by saying well look at how Trump has deteriorated!

He hasn't deteriorated, he's always been a fecking terrifying buffoon. But he walks, talks and acts like he did in 2016. Biden.....does not.

This isn't at all to say people shouldn't vote for Biden regardless. But I'm referring to things like this:

Which...just makes no sense to me.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The gambling confused 20 seconds leading up to “we beat Medicare” is… really something.

The narrative right now is Biden’s age and coherence. And the performance yesterday reaffirms that narrative.

Early days but not good at all.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't care if Biden had to have a wheelchair and a nurse push him around for 4 years. There is no way I would want trump and his evangelical freaks to possibly get even more Supreme Court justices and lock down the courts for the rest of my lifetime.
Sure, if you have a strong ideology then there is no reason to do anything but vote Biden. The issue is more with the people who are fuzzier on their ideology, do care about Biden's age (and general perception of competence), and have been saying so loudly and clearly for years now.

TheLiverBird

What a state that presidential election is

Trump a truly awful despicable human being

And Biden quite clearly not fit for purpose

where are the younger promising politicians in American Politics?? Why is it just these 2 numpties?

Laurencio

They will probably use Newsom as a shadow candidate and have him launch attacks against Trump and try to shift the narrative. I reckon we see a lot more of Newsom, regardless of what Biden decides to do.

What worries me is that they are going to need Biden appear in control of the presidency, and that means podium moments, especially with Newsom doing the campaign work - and even those he fecks up these days.

The big challenge for the campaign will be how do they make Biden seem like the leader - present, in control and smart - while Newsom and Harris (probably less so) run around doing the media work. It won't take long until the media push Newsom as an alternative.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
What a state that presidential election is

Trump a truly awful despicable human being

And Biden quite clearly not fit for purpose

where are the younger promising politicians in American Politics?? Why is it just these 2 numpties?
Both candidates older than bill clinton

If bernie would not be as old...

Leets go crazy and all in with AOC, she will be 35 by november

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Easy choice would be Whitmer, hence why she won't be picked, even if Biden somehow drops out.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

It's not always about age, Bernie might be nearly as old but he's much much more active and doesn't look senile like Biden. But it's obvious the establishment would never approve of Bernie to be the candidate.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's not always about age, Bernie might be nearly as old but he's much much more active and doesn't look senile like Biden. But it's obvious the establishment would never approve of Bernie to be the candidate.
Oh, Give me Bernie any day. right now. But being realistic, he would lose unfortunately...or who knows. But asking a 82 years guy to be elected and criticizing biden with the same age...a bit of an hypocrite on my site. His opportunity has past

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bernie would lose the election though, might have had a chance in 16, not anymore.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Oh, Give me Bernie any day. right now. But being realistic, he would lose unfortunately...or who knows. But asking a 82 years guy to be elected and criticizing biden with the same age...a bit of an hypocrite on my site. His opportunity has past
Bernie would lose the election though, might have had a chance in 16, not anymore.
If not Bernie, is there any Democrat who would have a chance v Trump? Bernie could pull some of the pro-Palestine voters as well since he would have a better standing with them.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This is sad. Also, too late for Biden to drop out and someone else to get the traction. The worst part is that no one likes Biden's VP either. The Democrats are toast.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If not Bernie, is there any Democrat who would have a chance v Trump? Bernie could pull some of the pro-Palestine voters as well since he would have a better standing with them.
his presidency would be from 83 to 87. As much propalestinian, AIPAC would rally whoever against him. democrats right winged (lots) might sit up. But to be honest, many normal democrats well publicized would have a decent chance against trump

One big problem about Biden dropping out would be that Trump would be the great victor and would say that democrats are lost (not wrong). So Trump might have this Biden or no Biden

Smores

It's just incredible how the US has found itself in this situation. Is it Biden refusing to stand aside or is he being pushed by the Dems to continue?

He'd be force retired in any normal job yet here we are president of the united states.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
The Democrats have to do something quickly. They need a tall man in his 50s or 60s, with a full head of hair and a wife and family. There must be some of those in the senior ranks of the party. It's ridiculous, but that's the image people want to see.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Wouldn't Newsome be a liability with the exwife full trump camp?

gfactor86

With all due respect, this is just nonsense. You have bee duped by Republican/Far Right talking points. There is absolutely nothing coherent and energetic about Trump - and although Biden is old as feck and stiff, he most certainly is not "unwell".
This aged badly. Remember 24 hours ago when I was derided on here as some "Far Right" lunatic for suggesting that Biden was not fit to lead a Country.