2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

This is driving a news cycle related to who becomes the next US president.
1f0nld7zzlo51.png
:lol:

God, it's such an iconic image. You look in to her eyes and it really does feel like they're never gonna find your body.

Oh it's moved on to him wanting to feck dolphins, man.

A day is a long time in politics

That reminds me of someone posting a guide on how to have sex with a dolphin on Fark.com (Reddit predecessor) back in the day (like 2007). Was JD the author or just an avid reader? :o

Is it any different to footballers taking a staged call from their new manager? Or when getting a call telling them they have been picked for their national team?
Its not. All of that is cringe as hell.

So now one of the key questions is whether Harris’ momentum bump is bigger than Trump’s post convention and assassination attempt bump, or whether they cancel each other out. If it’s the latter, it’s starting to look promising.

Shes barely been introduced to the country, the convention is still to come. We can't expect to fix Biden's deficit on just the announcement.

Its a great start, the momentum just has to be kept up.

And the most hilarious thing is. None of the base cares about this. I think it barely even creates cognitive dissonance for them anymore.

I'm sure politics have always been dumb, but this is surely some sort of low point.

I want to believe, but a US electorate that has recently had Trump up near 50% of the vote isn't going to allow a black woman President.

I fear this is just the Biden relief bump, and she's go back down as the enthusiasm wanes and it becomes more about her than not Biden.

I want to be wrong and I think shes quite underrated, but a US that even contemplates a second Trump term after all he's done and what an absolute disaster his first term was just is too dumb for me to trust.

Says a lot about Ohio, they saw this and thought of Vance, "yup, this is our guy".

State used to be competitive, now anything with a R next to its name can win there, reckon the polls are overestimating Sherrod by a good bit too.

Last edited:

Could be interpreted a lot of ways, but given all his other authoritarian comments - probably should be causing alarm. Not that it will in any way cost him any voters.

He keeps telling everyone the plan, like a bond villain, and people keep ignoring it. It is quite extraordinary.

Could be interpreted a lot of ways, but given all his other authoritarian comments - probably should be causing alarm. Not that it will in any way cost him any voters.

He keeps telling everyone the plan, like a bond villain, and people keep ignoring it. It is quite extraordinary.

So many ways you can take it. 1. Full blown dictatorship, 2. That they only get to vote for Trump once more, so make sure it counts. 3. He's going to put in place the most draconian voter suppression so only the "real Americans" control election outcomes.

It's scary to think that the best option is a flaming narcissist that believes people are lucky to have the privilege to vote for him. Every other option is world ending.

Last edited:
Don't put words into quotes that he didn't say.

Fake News.

You weirdo.
It's not even news, its a 'skit' for goodness sake, a take on how Obama held back on his support!

Don't know about me being a weirdo, you seem like a bit of a dumbo.

But have nice day!

Who will win the race is anyone's guess at this point, but i think its looking increasingly clear that there will be no landslide for Trump, with Harris having comparable polling numbers to 2020 election results in recent polls from NH, Maine and Minnesota, states that Biden was arguably putting in play for republicans by being a terrible candidate.

It's not even my dumbest take of today :lol:

So you think the increased emphasis on popularity and looking appealing has done well for world politics? Policy has become almost entirely irrelevant in elections. You can defraud the entire working class, but put a few soundbites on Twitter with a picture of you holding a pickaxe and people will lap it up. People are being elected for the wrong reasons, because the only goal is to get as many votes as possible from whomever possible.

Obviously politicians shouldn't actively disuade people from voting, but I think if only people who cared about actual politics voted, the world would be a better place. If it's just one side doing it, it's obviously moot, since that side will just lose. Putting some sort of restrictions on voting, ike only white heterosexual male landowner as the founding fathers thought prudent, is also wrong for obvious reasons so that just leaves this. I'm also somehow wording this as if populism is new, it's not obviously.

My son is 14 in 8 years, if he says stuff like this I'd be kind of proud by the way.

Come to think of it, "Politicians should stop getting people without interest in politics to vote." is perhaps poorly worded. Politicians should stop seeing the accumulation of votes as their end goal maybe?

Unless im missing something, the way to win an elections is to get as many voters as possible.
You don't get extra points for a voter who is "politically engaged" or has a tighter grip on the issues.

Your statement "but I think if only people who cared about actual politics voted, the world would be a better place. " is bizarre too.

You think it would be better to somehow test people first to see who "cares more" ?

And what does care more mean? There are Trump people who build their whole identity around supporting him. They care. But are they really educated on his policies and the consequences of such ? Do you want people to care, or be educated on policy in your utopian system ?

To say....
Politicians should stop getting people without interest in politics to vote. They know feck all about what they're voting for anyway. Might as well just try and have just the people who really care about it vote.

... is ridiculous. It is like saying that the only people that should watch football are those who understand the intricacies of tactics and have encyclopedic knowledge of each and every player, team and manager.

I think you give people less credit than they deserve. Do people know every line in each parties platform? No, and to be honest, nor do I. But people have a good sense of what each party and leader stand for and they vote accordingly. And maybe some vote against their own interests because the candidate makes them "feel good" - as Trump does for his supporters.

And of all things in this election to get triggered about, you chose a pretty harmless, run of the mill, endorsement video from Obama and Harris.

Democracy is not a perfect, but it is the best system we have.

So you think the increased emphasis on popularity and looking appealing has done well for world politics? Policy has become almost entirely irrelevant in elections. You can defraud the entire working class, but put a few soundbites on Twitter with a picture of you holding a pickaxe and people will lap it up. People are being elected for the wrong reasons, because the only goal is to get as many votes as possible from whomever possible.

Obviously politicians shouldn't actively disuade people from voting, but I think if only people who cared about actual politics voted, the world would be a better place. If it's just one side doing it, it's obviously moot, since that side will just lose. Putting some sort of restrictions on voting, ike only white heterosexual male landowner as the founding fathers thought prudent, is also wrong for obvious reasons so that just leaves this. I'm also somehow wording this as if populism is new, it's not obviously.
People who "really care" about politics are among the most insane groups of voters. Lower turnout elections don't lead to more rational or objective results (whatever that would even mean), but to insane reactionary bullshit.

Bizarre.

Could imply that he plans to implement an autocracy.

But more likely he just wants them out to vote for him because in 4 years time, he doesn't give a feck who wins, as he doesn't really care about the Republican party or the country .

Unless he loses and runs again in 2028. Which you know he will if he loses.

Bizarre.

But more likely he just wants them out to vote for him because in 4 years time, he doesn't give a feck who wins, as he doesn't really care about the Republican party or the country .

Yeah far more likely the fascist doesn't want to implement fascism you say?

Bizarre.

Yeah let’s give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, it’s the least he deserves.