2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

This is.....insanely cringe.

Trump looks weak for not agreeing to debate Harris. Have to say I've not seen her debate before or come under sustained attack so not sure how she'd fare.

Vance looking a dumber pick now that Biden has dropped out I think.

I think people find this transparently disingenuous stuff really off-putting.

Reminds me of Hillary Clinton.
Better to see this stuff up front than the shady deals (follow the money) going on propping up the other party in this Presidential election?

Better to see this stuff up front than the shady deals (follow the money) going on propping up the other party in this Presidential election?
Yes yes I forgot to add the obligatory thesis about how much worse the Republican party is underneath my criticism of cringe Obama social media post. Just imagine I did it.

Yes yes I forgot to add the obligatory thesis about how much worse the Republican party is underneath my criticism of cringe Obama social media post. Just imagine I did it.
I agree cringe. But that’s all American politics for you.

Nazi reference? Nice. Godwin remains undefeated.

Your first paragraph is in no way an encapsulation of my point and you know it. Biden is the only one who can change the US course at this moment and the way to push Biden is to build a coalition of Dem politicians and leaders to put pressure on him. The speech was the first time a large block of them offered some semblance of a spine. Those same politicians are mostly cowards and will bail the first time they feel their reelection is jeopardy. They are cowards, that is who and what they are.
I just mentioned a meme, I'm not comparing anything or anyone to nazis.

I simple don't see how you arrive to those conclusions when what we've seen so far is an administration that completely ignores any type of protests. Peaceful, violent, by muslims, by jews, in colleges, on the streets, on federal buildings, whatever. Nothing has moved the administration policy an inch. You seem to be treating this issue as if it were a normal issue, where things gradually improve and maybe in 2 or 3 cycles we have a shift. But this is an ongoing genocide. Some stats show almost 5% of the population of gaza has been killed already, over 90% have been injured or are experiencing malnutrition. This can't wait one or two elections, it's a now thing. And then those protesting it see a full house of their elected leaders applauding a genocidal criminal. You would need to be a fecking monk not to get absolutely enraged by it.

I noticed you edited the bit about portugal. It's not a touchy topic for me at all. I know we have a fecked up history of exploitation, genocide and slavery, there's no arguing against it. I just don't see how it relates to this discussion about an ongoing genocide.

Trump says he won't debate her because she doesn't have Obama's support.

Obama drops a tweet showing they support her.

Seems pretty well worked again, no?
Alternatively, Trump campaign wanted to coax Obama into publicly endorsing Harris early and it worked?

Alternatively, Trump campaign wanted to coax Obama into publicly endorsing Harris early and it worked?
I mean it’s clear Harris will now be the candidate so not sure what is served by that strategy the Republicans. Vance looks like a complete lunatic and Trump is having more and more meltdowns on social media.

If they say the phone call was last week, they probably wouldn't have sat on it for much longer.

Why 'sit on it' at all?

Is he really not sure?
If not, why not?
Are there things that still have to be unearthed about Harris, which the ex-President is worried about?
What is Obama doing, playing fast and loose?
Is he hanging back for bets?
Why is he afraid it may look like a coronation?

Heard something about his kids convinced Trump Sr to pick Vance over other candidates, including Doug Burgum, could have something to do with them wanting a less establishment-candidate and more Trump-like, yes.

But then, does Vance have any real beliefs? He has changed his beliefs a lot over just recent years, sounds more like opportunism to me.
That fits in well with Trump, the description describes both of them

Why 'sit on it' at all?

Is he really not sure?
If not, why not?
Are there things that still have to be unearthed about Harris, which the ex-President is worried about?
I agree , it's a coup!

I just mentioned a meme, I'm not comparing anything or anyone to nazis.

I simple don't see how you arrive to those conclusions when what we've seen so far is an administration that completely ignores any type of protests. Peaceful, violent, by muslims, by jews, in colleges, on the streets, on federal buildings, whatever. Nothing has moved the administration policy an inch. You seem to be treating this issue as if it were a normal issue, where things gradually improve and maybe in 2 or 3 cycles we have a shift. But this is an ongoing genocide. Some stats show almost 5% of the population of gaza has been killed already, over 90% have been injured or are experiencing malnutrition. This can't wait one or two elections, it's a now thing. And then those protesting it see a full house of their elected leaders applauding a genocidal criminal. You would need to be a fecking monk not to get absolutely enraged by it.

I noticed you edited the bit about portugal. It's not a touchy topic for me at all. I know we have a fecked up history of exploitation, genocide and slavery, there's no arguing against it. I just don't see how it relates to this discussion about an ongoing genocide.
I am not arguing with the bolded bit as it is undeniably true. The only way I see this (US policy) changing is by a groundswell of public and political support/pressure for a radical shift in how the US deal with Israel. You disagree with that conclusion so what is your alternative?

I did edit the Portugal part as, on reread, it sounded snarky and that was not the intent.

edit: removed a quote from @Ekkie Thump as I had clicked the wrong post to reply to.

This is.....insanely cringe.

Trump looks weak for not agreeing to debate Harris. Have to say I've not seen her debate before or come under sustained attack so not sure how she'd fare.

Vance looking a dumber pick now that Biden has dropped out I think.

If Kamala starts smashing out TV ad's using Vance's old quotes on Trump being guilty of rape, being "cultural heroin", his opinions on abortion and women in general etc, is there a world where Trump drops him from the ticket? Especially if he starts falling behind in polls.

He may see the boost the Dems making a switch has made and want to inject some energy again, as well as reversing a mistake he has made in picking Vance, at a time when he thought it was a done deal.

Why 'sit on it' at all?

Is he really not sure?
If not, why not?

Ummmm... What?

If Kamala starts smashing out TV ad's using Vance's old quotes on Trump being guilty of rape, being "cultural heroin", his opinions on abortion and women in general etc, is there a world where Trump drops him from the ticket? Especially if he starts falling behind in polls.

He may see the boost the Dems making a switch has made and want to inject some energy again, as well as reversing a mistake he has made in picking Vance, at a time when he thought it was a done deal.
Dropping Vance would be admitting he made a mistake, Trump never admits to making mistakes so I can't see it happening

I don't think Trump picked JD Vance.

His sons Don and Eric were apparently big on Vance. Believe Trump was previously leaning towards the boring Doug Burgum, which would've suited him much better given the similarly to Pence's personality. I think Trump will be pissed at his coke head son for leading him astray.