2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

At least Daniel Cameron concedes, no fuss, it seems.

Pointing this stuff out shouldn't be noteworthy, but Trump lowered the bar so much.

I agree with the Chris Hayes tweet posted earlier. Hope that the polling skews republican and when Dems pick up seats, turn that positive into more action. It's playing out like Dems just need that continual threat to actually invigorate them

So, while even red states are pretty much rejecting social conservatism, election after election, house republicans thought it was a good idea to elect the most social conservative weirdo they could find to be house speaker.

Its rather bizarre.

So, while even red states are pretty much rejecting social conservatism, election after election, house republicans thought it was a good idea to elect the most social conservative weirdo they could find to be house speaker.

Its rather bizarre.
I don't get it. Do Repubs not learn from their mistakes?

I don't get it. Do Repubs not learn from their mistakes?
It’s seems like Republicans are in catch 22 situation with MAGA flank constituting majority of their base now but at the same time it seems to have a certain ceiling they can’t break out from, thus the moderates now calculate that without MAGA support they stand no chance so they continue pondering believing it gives them the best odds. Until Trump is gone Republican party cannot begin to heal, the MAGA movement will fiddle away as soon as they got rid of Trump, it’s one man’s party right now. This is why it is of a great importance that he loses these elections if he’s not jailed, the only way for republicans to come to their senses is through constant losing, the donors will get fed up at some point by seeing no returns.

Last edited:
But how else will MSNs drive engagement and views other than scaring the shit out of Democrats?

I get this thing where my brain sees VAR for a second and then I realize, oh that's VRA. What does this mean?
Voting Rights Act

Seeing a lot of this on Twitter this AM, blaming a gas leak that shut down a polling place in a very liberal district near Louisville for the R gubernatorial loss…

Off topic, but I've seen Vivek Ramaswamy popping up more often the last weeks.

From what I've seen and gathered, I can't think of him as anything else other than a demagogue, a snake oil salesman and a psychopath. I can't help but comparing him to a wannabe Goebbels.

Can anyone more versed in US politics tell me if he's just a clown with no real weight or future, or truly a man that could play a role in the US in the coming years?

Off topic, but I've seen Vivek Ramaswamy popping up more often the last weeks.

From what I've seen and gathered, I can't think of him as anything else other than a demagogue, a snake oil salesman and a psychopath. I can't help but comparing him to a wannabe Goebbels.

Can anyone more versed in US politics tell me if he's just a clown with no real weight or future, or truly a man that could play a role in the US in the coming years?
You described him perfectly with your clown statement. You couldn't have been more accurate if you needed to be.

There was a Vivek stan in here a bunch of pages ago calling him the 'best politician in the race' or some such. It was humorous to behold.

Seeing a lot of this on Twitter this AM, blaming a gas leak that shut down a polling place in a very liberal district near Louisville for the R gubernatorial loss…

The Republicans don’t learn. They don’t want to learn. It’s unreal!

What are the GOP going to do when Trump kicks the bucket? He's literally the only Republican the voters can be arsed to show up for and the only thing keeping them relevant at this stage.

Another year, another unconvincing election for republicans.

Yes, presidential elections are different, but if republicans are going to sweep dems in this historic landslide next year, as the polls show, its still strange that they aren't really sweeping anything in the off-years.

What are the GOP going to do when Trump kicks the bucket? He's literally the only Republican the voters can be arsed to show up for and the only thing keeping them relevant at this stage.
Even without Trump, they will still hold a lot of power in Congress due to the way the members are elected. So, there is not much point for them to change the way they act. They didn't have to for decades before Trump.

They will probably try to find someone new to lead the cult once he is gone , but that will be difficult.

Trump is quite unique in many ways.

Another year, another unconvincing election for republicans.

Yes, presidential elections are different, but if republicans are going to sweep dems in this historic landslide next year, as the polls show, its still strange that they aren't really sweeping anything in the off-years.

The Dems could still lose next year. It all depends on who the candidates are. I am not convinced it will be Trump, and if it winds up being Haley, she would do pretty well against Biden imo.

So, the problem is that GOP isn't hardline enough, yes, please double down on it even more, listen to MTG.

So, the problem is that GOP isn't hardline enough, yes, please double down on it even more, listen to MTG.

The GOP should definitely follow her advice and sell the American public on banning more abortions, and see how they fare a year from now.

She might run for the senate in 26 btw, that would be a gift for Ossoff, if she can win the primaries, that is.

She might run for the senate in 26 btw, that would be a gift for Ossoff, if she can win the primaries, that is.

She's been all over Trump for the past six months hoping he considers her as VP. Trump isn't very intelligent, but I think he has the political instincts to know that would be a very bad idea for his chances.

Its rather bizarre.
Not sure I agree with that, as weird as he is he's not in the same league as Santos, Jordan, Greene or Gaetz

You described him perfectly with your clown statement. You couldn't have been more accurate if you needed to be.

There was a Vivek stan in here a bunch of pages ago calling him the 'best politician in the race' or some such. It was humorous to behold.
So humorous that he's not been seen again, must have been so soul destroying

But i was told republicans were leading with young voters now.