2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Despite awful national numbers, Biden at least was looking okay in state polls, but now it seems he is failing there as well.

Latest poll(emerson) has him down 7 in Michigan and 9 in Pennsylvania, i mean, that just seems excessive, but if Trump is actually winning the popular vote, he should easily win these states, so in that way it makes sense.

Last edited:
Despite awful national numbers, Biden at least was looking okay in state polls, but now it seems he is failing there as well.

Latest poll(emerson) has him down 7 in Michigan and 9 in Pennsylvania, i mean, that just seems excessive, but if Trump is actually winning the popular vote, he should easily win these states, so in that way it makes sense.
But Biden is only down 2 in WI in the recent Emerson polling.

Agree that it is a bit wonky. Think the WI poll is more in line with reality on the ground. Clarity will start to truly emerge when Trump starts going to trials beginning early next year.

It's too far away from election day to make any concrete conclusions about the election i think, if the election happened today trump would be the favorite but of im not mistaken Obama was trailing even rick perry which in hindsight is obviously a ludicrous notion.

Recent election have all pointed to a strong incumbency effect and bar a reconsider or foreign catastrophe biden is the favorite for reelection.

Great to see Vivek humiliated into irrelevance in the past month or so. Even the media aren't giving him any oxygen, which is why he's left groveling on Tucker's podcast.

Great to see Vivek humiliated into irrelevance in the past month or so. Even the media aren't giving him any oxygen, which is why he's left groveling on Tucker's podcast.
I’m concerned for the poster in here who was so enamored with Vivek, the obvs best candidate in the race. They might be going through some things.

But Biden is only down 2 in WI in the recent Emerson polling.

Agree that it is a bit wonky. Think the WI poll is more in line with reality on the ground. Clarity will start to truly emerge when Trump starts going to trials beginning early next year.

What young person answers a call from a random number? I don't and I'm in my 40s.

Considering how poorly the republicans did in the midterms I'm very hopeful. Anyone who came out then to vote against MAGA will doubly show up to vote against Trump.

wow. every single recent poll has been a disaster. he's polling worse than warren in 2019.

wow. every single recent poll has been a disaster. he's polling worse than warren in 2019.

Most of them look pretty bad, yeah, but i guess there are some okay ones, Biden +1 in Pennsylvania, tie in Michigan, and +1 in Nevada.

Hope Biden gets some momentum back next year.

Most of them look pretty bad, yeah, but i guess there are some okay ones, Biden +1 in Pennsylvania, tie in Michigan, and +1 in Nevada.

Hope Biden gets some momentum back next year.

Remember that this is against 4 times indicted Donald fecking Trump, not once but going second time as president.

They've seen him in full action and they want more of it.

2028 better bring some serious contender or Uncle Sam would lose the hegemony faster than Trump losing his hair

Most of the Presidents since Nixon have been behind at this point of their first term. The only two who weren't were war time Presidents.

So he's setting up the categories for "the purge" if he wins. Everyone not within the trump ideology will be categorised, hauled before purity courts and jailed/exiled or deported. Anyone thinking this will be limited to "immigrants" will be in for a rude awakening.

So he's setting up the categories for "the purge" if he wins. Everyone not within the trump ideology will be categorised, hauled before purity courts and jailed/exiled or deported. Anyone thinking this will be limited to "immigrants" will be in for a rude awakening.
All he needs is a little mustache

a1995354-b2d8-428b-b253-f4367ed8cdd6-1018WapakTrump.jpg

To no great surprise, Tennessee gonna Tennessee, its a shame though, Blackburn is a genuinely terrible senator.

https://onthehill.tnjournal.net/pol...-lead-over-gloria-johnson-in-u-s-senate-race/
TN is one of those few states I've visited several times where I seriously just felt uncomfortable. Stifling almost. Places like Nashville and (parts of) Memphis are pretty cool to visit but they're such mini bubbles in a sea of people who think or say racist and other extreme shit like it's completely normal. Which in TN, it probably is.

TN is one of those few states I've visited several times where I seriously just felt uncomfortable. Stifling almost. Places like Nashville and (parts of) Memphis are pretty cool to visit but they're such mini bubbles in a sea of people who think or say racist and other extreme shit like it's completely normal. Which in TN, it probably is.
Knoxville & Chattanooga are good towns as well, but you take a massively huge step backwards once outside of them.

Yeah good shouts. Haven't been to Knoxville but I liked Chattanooga.
Both benefit greatly by being college towns.

I got to the site visit portion of an interview with a resort a few miles south of Knoxville & took a couple hours walking around the campus & downtown. Reminded me a lot of Tallahassee where I went to college. Fun little town.

Never been to TN, so i know very little about the place, other than what i read.

That said, a red state can be a worthy destination even if the people living there are "different", heard good things about WV for example, even though its deep red, and quite poor, there are a lot of things to see, and explore.

I will say one thing, i have little doubt Blackburn will win in a landslide, but the fact that she is essentially tied with postgraduates, that just seems excessive, even for TN.

Never been to TN, so i know very little about the place, other than what i read.

That said, a red state can be a worthy destination even if the people living there are "different", heard good things about WV for example, even though its deep red, and quite poor, there are a lot of things to see, and explore.
Totally. TN, MS and LA are cool places to visit as long as you don't talk to the local whites about politics.

Totally. TN, MS and LA are cool places to visit as long as you don't talk to the local whites about politics.
Not sure I'd put MS in the same strata as TN or LA. Outside of the coast & Oxford / Hattiesburg / Starkville, it's about as sketchy a state can get.

There are lots of things to see and do in pretty much all states and TBH some are deep blue and just as poor

I'm an Asian guy and moved to Nashville a few years ago because of my job. My corporate job back then took me on a lot of trips to a lot of red states such as Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, etc. I even worked for a Tennessee state agency for a couple of years. Interestingly, I was the only Asian there, which often led to surprised reactions when I introduced myself as a state employee. My state white coworkers shared with me some horrible experiences in the Chatanogga area where some black state employees were told to get out from some white people in some of those small areas. I personally found that East Knoville is full of trumpites, and they certainly don't look friendly at all to me.

I recall an instance when I took a coworker to urgent care in Alabama. The receptionist curiously asked how we got here (U.S.), to which I jokingly replied, "We swam."

Not long after settling in Nashville, I had an encounter with an older white man. While I was waiting at a traffic light, he shouted at me from the sidewalk. I rolled down my window to hear what he was saying, only to hear him tell me to go back to California, referencing my car's CA license plate. He then proceeded to call me 'prick' and challenge me to a fight. I just laughed and left. One time in downtown Knoville, there was a couple, with the guy being a black guy. Everyone around them was literally staring at them, and I felt uncomfortable for them.

From my experience, most white individuals there are okay. I am fine with them as long as I don't talk about politics with them, as someone mentioned earlier. One of my friends said I am 'thriving' in the South. Honestly, I don't care too much about how they see me, which probably makes my life a lot easier, I guess. I have lived in Blue states like CA, IL for a long time as well. It is almost the same everywhere, though with good and bad people. As long as you don't go around looking for arguments or trouble, you will be fine.

Not sure I'd put MS in the same strata as TN or LA. Outside of the coast & Oxford / Hattiesburg / Starkville, it's about as sketchy a state can get.
The south is mostly rural and safe, even when travelling solo. MS in particular is redolent with musical history, like Dockery farms or the B.B. King museum in Indianola. The delta country between the Mississippi and the Yazoo gave me a sense like nowhere else I have experienced of just how hard and precarious life was and is for black people in the US.