2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I think people sometimes allow the shit polling of 2016 and 2020 to affect their perceptions too much.

Trump isn't particularly good at elections. He usually trails the Republican Party's performance.

In 2020, 10 Senate races were decided by single digits. And in 8 of those 10 races, Trump’s margins were worse than the GOP Senate candidate running on the same ballot. His average underperformance in those races: more than three points. Trump also unperformed GOP House candidates. While Republicans lost the House popular vote by 3.1 points, Trump lost his own popular vote to Joe Biden by nearly 4.5 points.

I think people sometimes allow the shit polling of 2016 and 2020 to affect their perceptions too much.

Trump isn't particularly good at elections. He usually trails the Republican Party's performance.

I have a feeling that it's more than shit polling. One or several polls might be shit, but the fact that the Republican themselves haven't come up with potential nominee seems to suggest they believe Trump could still win. I simply dont think it's going to be a landslide win either way and as a betting man I'd give Biden a 60:40 at best

I have a feeling that it's more than shit polling. One or several polls might be shit, but the fact that the Republican themselves haven't come up with potential nominee seems to suggest they believe Trump could still win. I simply dont think it's going to be a landslide win either way and as a betting man I'd give Biden a 60:40 at best

That's down to the base though, isn't it? The base overwhelmingly wants Trump, so what is the Republican Party (meaning the traditional party leadership) going to do? They've created this monster, and now they are going to get the best out of it until he goes away. I think they are well aware that he poses a threat to the party in the long-term, but they are powerless to remove him, and return to "normalcy". In the meantime he is their best bet to get conservative politics through, like he did with turning SCOTUS conservative for the foreseeable future.

The Biden-Trump polls don't mean much until they become their party nominees. Once voters are actually faced with this stark choice then many of those who currently have reservations about Biden's performance or his age will see him as the better candidate.

Rick Scott had a shameless commercial blaming Biden on the Israel attack and giving money to Iran, saw it a few minutes ago in Tampa. It's fecking madness how anything Israel riles up the base because of religion.

https://www.barrons.com/news/war-in-israel-a-new-front-in-us-election-campaign-7f63b12c
--Senator Rick Scott, for instance, said that in unfreezing that money -- it was transferred to a bank account in Qatar for use only for humanitarian purposes -- the United States had in effect financed the Hamas attack, which won praise from Iran.

That charge angered the White House, which called it a "shameful lie" and insisting that the money was tightly controlled in how it could be used and none of it has been spent.--

But voters won't hear the reality of it.

The replies.

I can totally see how the RNC et al are going to be fretting heavily with this cat as the indie candidate…

It's funny because they were championing him as a "Democrat they could vote for". Puts the Q in a bit of a bind which is 30 million republican voters.

Joe Scarborough, have you learned nothing from 2015? I know that DeSantis is nowhere near as strong as Trump was then, but you give voice to garbage that should not be near the mainstream discourse.

qDVYrcp.png

This should get posted in every over 55 community, vote for Trump and lose Social Security and Healthcare in your latter years

It also speaks to Trump's tendency to puff himself up so that people like him more than anyone who opposes him, which was also a method he used when he inflated his wealth for tax purposes and countless other scenarios throughout his life.

This should get posted in every over 55 community, vote for Trump and lose Social Security and Healthcare in your latter years

Isn't he saying that Meatball Rob DeSanctimonious fought against Social Secuirty and Medicare, implying that he himself would protect it?

Republicans suddenly sweating RFK's existence in the race. :drool:

Beautiful!

It's a sidepoint, and I know it's a medical condition that he can't do anything about, but that voice of his can't be helping him. He constantly sounds like he's on the verge of tears.

Isn't he saying that Meatball Rob DeSanctimonious fought against Social Secuirty and Medicare, implying that he himself would protect it?

Trump's definitely never been called a wordsmith. :lol:

This is an example of a key word being left out that actually makes one look a foul... unless he did fight to downsize/eliminate those social safety nets.

Trump's definitely never been called a wordsmith. :lol:

This is an example of a key word being left out that actually makes one look a foul... unless he did fight to downsize/eliminate those social safety nets.

I think that's exactly what Meatball Rob did, and Trump has attacked him for it before. Trump is smart enough to not publicly go after Social Security and Medicare - he knows those programs have broad support, so publicly he supports them as well.