2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

All signs point to a Gallego win. Hispanics make up 33% of the population and Maricopa County is only growing. It of course helps that Sinema is viewed as a massive disappointment and Lake a charlatan.

Sinema should just drop out, to spare herself the embarassment, she isn't winning this one.

Maybe the White House could offer her an out, ambassador or whatever, so she can save face, not that i care.

Sinema should just drop out, to spare herself the embarassment, she isn't winning this one.

Maybe the White House could offer her an out, ambassador or whatever, so she can save face, not that i care.

Don't send her for the job on this side of the border. :nono:

It's wild how the ambassador position is used in the US to basically reward political and financial support. I hope the reason is that the professional diplomatic core does all the actual work, but it still seems iffy. They have a lot of signaling power.

Is it like that in other countries?

I know we have some Swifty fans on the Caf. My respect and admiration for this woman has just skyrocketed. Hats off.

It's wild how the ambassador position is used in the US to basically reward political and financial support. I hope the reason is that the professional diplomatic core does all the actual work, but it still seems iffy. They have a lot of signaling power.

Is it like that in other countries?

Is all about political favours. I assume is not the case for the most important countries like Russia, China, Germany, UK, India, etc...

Is all about political favours. I assume is not the case for the most important countries like Russia, China, Germany, UK, India, etc...

Most ambassadors are retirement rewards or exiles.

But with US it's never the case. Their embassy is one of the most high profile building all over the world.

Even in friendly countries there will be lots of decisions to make.

So now Trump is not only leading Biden, he is leading him by double digits.

Media seriously expect us to believe this nonsense?

Media seriously expect us to beleive this nonsense?
It's a poll. They show what they show. The quoted Washington Post article puts it into context and explains that it's an outlier. What exactly are "the media" doing wrong here?

It's a poll. They show what they show. The quoted Washington Post article puts it into context and explains that it's an outlier. What exactly are "the media" doing wrong here?

Be better at polling?

The purpose of polls is to be somewhat accurate, this one isn't even close to reality.

Be better at polling?

The purpose of polls is to be somewhat accurate, this one isn't even close to reality.
You are aware that the media don't do the polls themselves, right?

Also, the value of polls, to the extent there is any, is the combined picture across them, which this one adds to.

Sure, so insert whoever does it, and ask them to do better then.
Again, the only use polls have is when you put them alongside each other (as WaPo have done here) and look at the combined average and picture that emerges. When you do that, they're usually pretty accurate. One poll can be an outlier, that's the name of the game, which is why it's important to contextualise, exactly like The Post have done there.

Again, the only use polls have is when you put them alongside each other (as WaPo have done here) and look at the combined average and picture that emerges. When you do that, they're usually pretty accurate. One poll can be an outlier, that's the name of the game, which is why it's important to contextualise, exactly like The Post have done there.

State polls and national polls should correlate more than they do now though, maybe they will later.

There was a NH poll last week (you gov I think) that had Biden up by 12 points overall & 13 points with indies iirc.

Gonna happen.

There was a NH poll last week (you gov I think) that had Biden up by 12 points overall & 13 points with indies.

Gonna happen.

Yeah, Biden isn't winning NH by that much either.

Of course outliers happens, but state polls and national polls shows very different things so far though, lets say Trump wins the popular vote like the polling average shows, that translates to a rather easy EC win for him.

However, the most recent polls in Pennsylvania and Michigan shows him trailing Biden.

We will probably see more of a correlation between the two next year, i'm hoping.

Yeah, Biden isn't winning NH by that much either.

Of course outliers happens, but state polls and national polls shows very different things so far though, lets say Trump wins the popular vote like the polling average shows, that translates to a rather easy EC win for him.

However, the most recent polls in Pennsylvania and Michigan shows him trailing Biden.

We will probably see more of a correlation between the two next year, i'm hoping.
Are mobile numbers called in these polls? For a while they were not.

If it is still landlines, I would gather that the bias would be very much in favor of the right side of the aisle.

Do people still have landlines? In Norway it is almost completely wiped out, only remaining with some few old people.

Maybe not traditional landlines but in the US, digital phone service is often packaged with cable tv plans (tv, internet, phone). This is different from mobile.

Maybe not traditional landlines but in the US, digital phone service is often packaged with cable tv plans (tv, internet, phone). This is different from mobile.
+ some areas have no coverage anyway!

Don't sweat it, @nimic's mind went straight to DILF.

DJdi9Mz.gif

I don't think he will win by 10, but this is now one of a long series of polls from proper pollsters that has Trump tied or up.
1. Given that there's somewhat of a trend, I think it reflects something real (a close race with a slight advantage for Trump right now).
2. This didn't happen in 2020.

igbDeu9.png