2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I see it differently - think Biden won not because of who he was, but rather who he was not. People had Trump fatigue and many independents (myself included) voted for Biden. In 2024 many indies might tune out if the choice is between two 80 year olds who appear to be corrupt (to varying degrees) and not all there. For a country nearing fiscal disaster it's seems irresponsible to have two 80 year olds run for office, given some of the hard choices that lay ahead.
  • US government deficit in excess of $2 trillion this year
  • Debt to GDP in excess of 130% - with a large portion (30%) rolling off next year and needing to be financed at higher rates. To put it into context, the interest expense on the debt is higher than the entire defense budget, which means that gov't will have to cut other programs just to service a more expensive and ballooning debt.
  • Social Security & Medicare are insolvent – both trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted by 2034 i.e., 11 years from now. That's not that far off.
Do we really think Trump or Biden are the best candidates to make some of the tough choices to right the ship? I just don't see it with either party - it's been a kick the can down the road approach, while running up huge deficits to appease the base. Trump added $8 trillion to the deficit in 8 years, Biden’s added $4 trillion so far, so I guess they’re consistent at running $1 trillion deficits annually.

I think the economy will play a huge role next year, and let's see where rates and inflation shake out in the next 6-months.
How did Trump add $8tr in 8 years? He served a single 4 year term.

I see it differently - think Biden won not because of who he was, but rather who he was not. People had Trump fatigue and many independents (myself included) voted for Biden. In 2024 many indies might tune out if the choice is between two 80 year olds who appear to be corrupt (to varying degrees) and not all there. For a country nearing fiscal disaster it's seems irresponsible to have two 80 year olds run for office, given some of the hard choices that lay ahead.
  • Debt to GDP in excess of 130% - with a large portion (30%) rolling off next year and needing to be financed at higher rates. To put it into context, the interest expense on the debt is higher than the entire defense budget, which means that gov't will have to cut other programs just to service a more expensive and ballooning debt.
  • Social Security & Medicare are insolvent – both trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted by 2034 i.e., 11 years from now. That's not that far off.
Do we really think Trump or Biden are the best candidates to make some of the tough choices to right the ship? I just don't see it with either party - it's been a kick the can down the road approach, while running up huge deficits to appease the base. Trump added $8 trillion to the deficit in 8 years, Biden’s added $4 trillion so far, so I guess they’re consistent at running $1 trillion deficits annually.

I think the economy will play a huge role next year, and let's see where rates and inflation shake out in the next 6-months.

Bottom line, one can't win the job without winning independents. These are the same people that have long abandoned Trump, as have a small swath of actual Republicans who voted for him in 16 and 20. If the Republicans were running a semi-normal candidate, s/he would have a chance of winning.

Last edited:

He recently asked for the Supreme Court to help evict homeless people (city action is being blocked by lower courts on human rights grounds), and has vetoed a trans bill. These all should be good moves for a 2028 general election campaign, to counter the image of California among independents as a homeless-coddling liberal state, and connect it with a really popular Californian president!

He recently asked for the Supreme Court to help evict homeless people (city action is being blocked by lower courts on human rights grounds), and has vetoed a trans bill. These all should be good moves for a 2028 general election campaign, to counter the image of California among independents as a homeless-coddling liberal state, and connect it with a really popular Californian president!

Did he finally wake up and smell the coffee. Better late than never I suppose.
https://myburbank.com/burbank-police-post-now-los-angeles-county-bail-schedule/
Maybe do something to stop the coddling of criminals when he’s done. He’ll get my vote then.

And someone mentioned in a post recently that we need to understand them.

:lol:

Nothing to understand. They are fecking idiots. That has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt literally hundreds of thousands of times. Anyone that says "listen to them" is just being a dick because it's obvious they don't even listen to them.
I'm fecking sick of these maga imbeciles and contrary ***** so I tend to just shout them down now. They are not so fecking confident if you put it in their face instead of in a comment on social media. Dumb cnuts the lot of them for falling for right wing grift media.
Most of them don't even know about Jared and Ivanka's 2 billion

Can't be a coincidence they view the non-white people in the race as less religious/less moral.

Last edited:
I don't think they need the house for the rest of that scenario, but it would not be a horrible outcome. My only change would be Whitmer as the VP as it creates a more concrete path for a woman nominee in 28. Lord knows it's time to give someone other than a white dude a shot at running this shithole.
The House plays no part, it's the Senate that confirms judges, including the Supreme's

The economy, really?

I'm not going to say it doesn't matter at all, but it seems it hasn't been a main priority for people in a good while, arguably you need to go back to 08 election where it mattered in a big way.

2012? Economy was recovering, so i guess you can give this one to dems.
2016? Economy was okay, dems lost regardless.
2018? Economy was okay, reps lost the midterms.
2020? Economy was bad, and yeah, Trump lost, but he got a lot more votes than in 16.
2022? High inflation, republicans in opposition, and yet didn't perform well at all.

The last 10 years, i think you will find that the evidence is inconclusive on this issue.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the continual pearl clutching by the democrats. Just assume a close election and the get out there and campaign your ass off. Let all the court processes play out and just focus on your own ground game.

The polls are either right or wrong, why the feck are you spending so much mental effort on "what the cross tabs say". Just fecking campaign.

I really don't understand the continual pearl clutching by the democrats. Just assume a close election and the get out there and campaign your ass off. Let all the court processes play out and just focus on your own ground game.

The polls are either right or wrong, why the feck are you spending so much mental effort on "what the cross tabs say". Just fecking campaign.

What stronger way to campaign, than going to Michigan and supporting striking workers?

Speaking of Biden, of course, Trump isn't actually doing the latter, even if BS media headlines wants to "both-sides" this issue.

The Michigan people being wooed by Trump today are a bunch of scabs. The UAW hierarchy already told him to feck off.

The media should be ashamed of themselves for not telling that particular part.

The election seems too far away to draw any conclusions yet. Plus Trump looks like a man in terminal mental decline right now, more so than Biden.

Stop the debate, we already have the winning moment.

Love this pic in the replies.
F7E4DtCXwAAyDgA

Vivek is getting humiliated :lol:

You got to think he is doing it on purpose, as a publicity stunt, who would willingly die on the "Lets give Ukraine to Russia"-hill.

He is owning himself to get attention, surely.

Watching the post-debate commentary by Brian Tyler Cohen now. Brian is trying to be polite, but the overall message is that Ron DeSantis is fecking shite (again).

I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. Even after 4 indictment and bazillions of cold and close cases that would put a Banana Republic country President to shame, Trump would still command to the very least 35-40% votes judging by most polls.

Even if you don't think he'd had a chance of winning, that doesn't erase the fact that the bases are there and they support Trump even with all his shenanigans brought to light. If you think this whole caboozle will die alongside Trump, maybe you're laughing too early

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. Even after 4 indictment and bazillions of cold and close cases that would put a Banana Republic country President to shame, Trump would still command to the very least 35-40% votes judging by most polls.

Even if you don't think he'd had a chance of winning, that doesn't erase the fact that the bases are there and they support Trump even with all his shenanigans brought to light. If you think this whole caboozle will die alongside Trump, maybe you're laughing too early
Yawn.

It’s impossible to interact meaningfully with the willfully & intentionally ignorant. Of course there’s about 35% of the electorate that will vote for Trump no matter what, but that number is down considerably from 2016, the MAGA base. They should not be looked at as redeemable or worth interacting with, they’ve proven their lack of worth time & time again. 2024 will be just like 2020, the independents & what’s left of the moderate Repubs in the suburbs of key cities in swing states will sway the election, cities like Milwaukee, Phoenix, Philadelphia, & Atlanta. MAGA has helped make those areas blue due to their tone deaf politics.

The economy, really?

I'm not going to say it doesn't matter at all, but it seems it hasn't been a main priority for people in a good while, arguably you need to go back to 08 election where it mattered in a big way.

2012? Economy was recovering, so i guess you can give this one to dems.
2016? Economy was okay, dems lost regardless.
2018? Economy was okay, reps lost the midterms.
2020? Economy was bad, and yeah, Trump lost, but he got a lot more votes than in 16.
2022? High inflation, republicans in opposition, and yet didn't perform well at all.

The last 10 years, i think you will find that the evidence is inconclusive on this issue.
Also the silliness of talking about the economy when the democratic system of the country is literally on the line. "They may be fascists, but I'll pay less taxes".

You got to think he is doing it on purpose, as a publicity stunt, who would willingly die on the "Lets give Ukraine to Russia"-hill.

He is owning himself to get attention, surely.
Most of the MAGA crowd are against sending any more $$$$ to Ukraine so it makes sense in his world