2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

DJdi9Mz.gif
:lol:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...school-board-extremist-candidates-1234829927/

Article about the increasing threat of the "Moms for Liberty" nutters.

Moms for Liberty is the most ridiculous sounding name for a group I can think of. Especially considering much of their existence is based on the opposite by advocating for banning certain books and by being anti lgbtq.

This quote in particular is remarkable:

Where they’ve won seats already, activists are making their mark. In Spotsylvania — where, in 2021, school board members suggested banning and burning some library books — parents this year were forced to answer if they agreed with the statement “I want my child to have access to sexually explicit content in the school libraries” before they were allowed to register their kids for classes. (If they refused to answer, parents were blocked from using the school’s primary communications channel.

Of course she got a grandson :lol: Isn't she like 37 ish?

A quote by Boebert taken from Wikipedia: "My mom was 18 when she had me, which inspired me to be a mother when I was 18 years old."

So not only is Boebert a 36 year old grandma, her mother is a 54 year old great grandma.

Be better at polling?

The purpose of polls is to be somewhat accurate, this one isn't even close to reality.

Based on your perception of reality? Biden's going to get smoked, that's the reality.

Newsom would be interesting. At a minimum, he'd have a much better chance of defeating Trump than Biden does, so I hope he enters the fray. What's the timeline for registering in various states and is it coming up?

Based on your perception of reality? Biden's going to get smoked, that's the reality.

Newsom would be interesting. At a minimum, he'd have a much better chance of defeating Trump than Biden does, so I hope he enters the fray. What's the timeline for registering in various states and is it coming up?

He's not running unless Biden drops out. At best, he''s angling for VP.

I don't think Trump beats Biden (despite national polling to the contrary). Winning POTUS requires independents, most of which dumped Trump ages ago, and wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole given his 91 indictments and potential jail time.

It's ironic that he's freely using the internet to peddle his line of bullshit.
And even more ironic that he just did an interview voluntarily on Meet the Press, which is shown on NBC

I don't think Trump beats Biden (despite national polling to the contrary). Winning POTUS requires independents, most of which dumped Trump ages ago, and wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole given his 91 indictments and potential jail time.
He's not angling for VP either, Biden isn't dropping Harris, dumping Harris could cost him the election because it would piss off too may female voters who would likely not bother voting given the opposition, in toss up states that could mean the difference between winning and losing

He's not angling for VP either, Biden isn't dropping Harris, dumping Harris could cost him the election because it would piss off too may female voters who would likely not bother voting given the opposition, in toss up states that could mean the difference between winning and losing

Harris isn't a plus in any capacity. She's simply there due to a drug deal he made with Clyburn to resuscitate his campaign before super Tuesday when Sanders had all the momemtum.

Harris isn't a plus in any capacity. She's simply there due to a drug deal he made with Clyburn to resuscitate his campaign before super Tuesday when Sanders had all the momemtum.
Harris being the first female VP was a historic moment, dumping her now would send a message that some female voters will take umbrage at IMO he's stuck with her whether he really likes it of not because the consequences could be too costly

Is not a plus but it would be definitely a negative to discard a black woman for the prototype white guy politician because is not useful anymore. will give ammunition to the republican nominee (aka trump) and will invalidate any democratic narrative that republicans are not favourable to the black community and women. Wont happen

Harris being the first female VP was a historic moment, dumping her now would send a message that some female voters will take umbrage at IMO he's stuck with her whether he really likes it of not because the consequences could be too costly

Except that she doesn't resonate with female voters - even among black voters. Her presence on the ticket was only to check a box with Clyburn so he would get behind Biden (who at the time was losing to Bernie Sanders)

Is not a plus but it would be definitely a negative to discard a black woman for the prototype white guy politician because is not useful anymore. will give ammunition to the republican nominee (aka trump) and will invalidate any democratic narrative that republicans are not favourable to the black community and women. Wont happen

If Biden looks like he may be weak going into 2024, he could definitely ditch her imo. Ultimately, its all about winning, not checking a race or gender box to assuage a subsection of voters.

Last edited:

Based on one poll that is being considered to be an outlier, Biden is toast? One could also say that Biden will coast to an easy victory due to a NH poll showing that Biden is up by double digits in a purple-ish state & he is outperforming his 2020 result.

At this time in their first term, Reagan, Clinton, & Obama were all losing in the polls. No doubt both Bushes would have been also if they weren’t involved in armed conflict. We got a long way to go.

Last edited:
If Biden looks like he may be weak going into 2024, he could definitely ditch her imo. Ultimately, its all about winning, not checking a race or gender box to assuage a subsection of voters.

Checking the boxes of going against women and black people that is how the republicans would sell it, would make him lose. And as you said, is all about winning, even having to go with someone as irrelevant as harris. Better irrelevant that risking to antagonize 2 of its favorable collectives

Biden wins reelection, a SCOTUS seat opens, DNC win the House, Harris nominated to SCOTUS thus steps down from VP role, Newsom to VP (however the VP process works in such).

Plausible?

Biden wins reelection, a SCOTUS seat opens, DNC win the House, Harris nominated to SCOTUS thus steps down from VP role, Newsom to VP (however the VP process works in such).

Plausible?

Not very plausible imo. She's not a judge, would be controversial, and there's also no guarantee the Dems will hold the Senate.

Plausible?

I don't think they need the house for the rest of that scenario, but it would not be a horrible outcome. My only change would be Whitmer as the VP as it creates a more concrete path for a woman nominee in 28. Lord knows it's time to give someone other than a white dude a shot at running this shithole.

Not very plausible imo. She's not a judge, would be controversial, and there's also no guarantee the Dems will hold the Senate.

There is precedence of non-judges joining SCOTUS. Hell, an ex-president not only became a justice, but the chief justice!

There is precedence of non-judges joining SCOTUS. Hell, an ex-president not only became a justice, but the chief justice!

We've also had SCOTUS members who never attended law school. I'd like to think we've raised the bar a bit since then.

Plausible?

Nope, none at all.

Also, dems probably won't hold the senate, so GOP won't allow any vote to the SCOTUS, until they are back in power and can steal another seat.

Last edited:

I see it differently - think Biden won not because of who he was, but rather who he was not. People had Trump fatigue and many independents (myself included) voted for Biden. In 2024 many indies might tune out if the choice is between two 80 year olds who appear to be corrupt (to varying degrees) and not all there. For a country nearing fiscal disaster it's seems irresponsible to have two 80 year olds run for office, given some of the hard choices that lay ahead.
  • US government deficit in excess of $2 trillion this year
  • Debt to GDP in excess of 130% - with a large portion (30%) rolling off next year and needing to be financed at higher rates. To put it into context, the interest expense on the debt is higher than the entire defense budget, which means that gov't will have to cut other programs just to service a more expensive and ballooning debt.
  • Social Security & Medicare are insolvent – both trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted by 2034 i.e., 11 years from now. That's not that far off.
Do we really think Trump or Biden are the best candidates to make some of the tough choices to right the ship? I just don't see it with either party - it's been a kick the can down the road approach, while running up huge deficits to appease the base. Trump added $8 trillion to the deficit in 8 years, Biden’s added $4 trillion so far, so I guess they’re consistent at running $1 trillion deficits annually.

I think the economy will play a huge role next year, and let's see where rates and inflation shake out in the next 6-months.

I see it differently - think Biden won not because of who he was, but rather who he was not. People had Trump fatigue and many independents (myself included) voted for Biden. In 2024 many indies might tune out if the choice is between two 80 year olds who appear to be corrupt (to varying degrees) and not all there. For a country nearing fiscal disaster it's seems irresponsible to have two 80 year olds run for office, given some of the hard choices that lay ahead.
  • US government deficit in excess of $2 trillion this year
  • Debt to GDP in excess of 130% - with a large portion (30%) rolling off next year and needing to be financed at higher rates. To put it into context, the interest expense on the debt is higher than the entire defense budget, which means that gov't will have to cut other programs just to service a more expensive and ballooning debt.
  • Social Security & Medicare are insolvent – both trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted by 2034 i.e., 11 years from now. That's not that far off.
Do we really think Trump or Biden are the best candidates to make some of the tough choices to right the ship? I just don't see it with either party - it's been a kick the can down the road approach, while running up huge deficits to appease the base. Trump added $8 trillion to the deficit in 8 years, Biden’s added $4 trillion so far, so I guess they’re consistent at running $1 trillion deficits annually.

I think the economy will play a huge role next year, and let's see where rates and inflation shake out in the next 6-months.

Do you plan to vote Trump or sit out in 2024?

Of course, neither is the "best" candidate possible. But in a two-party system with tons of monied interests, we will never see the best candidates rise to the top.