2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

When Bernie Sanders went on Joe Rogan (I believe it was in 2020) it was a very civil conversation. Rogan actually seemed to agree with most of Bernies positions. Some years ago, Rogan seemed to adjust his views a bit to whoever he was talking to.

I think it’s pretty likely he has changed since then, drifted further right and become entrenched in his positions. He’d probably be more antagonistic towards Harris. It would probably still be a good idea to do it. She is much more intelligent, so could run rings around him, if she wanted to.

She engaged with 60 mins - "real journalists". Her worst answers got clipped up and are now on Trump campaign TV ads. It's the way it goes. It would seem that her campain thinks she doesn't have the luxury to just do scripted rallies.

Like it or not, he has an average of 11 million people listening to each of his episode. That will be as many as are watching all cable news stations for any given hour of the day.

She goes on Fox News, Rogan and is asking for a debate. That shines a light on Trump hiding in his safe spaces.

Of that 11 million, how many will switch from Trump to Kamala, based on 90 minutes of disingenuous debate? I’d suggest less than 1000.

His audience is a dogged group of folks that started listening to him when he was the fun weed guy, and many resolutely cling to him despite his evolution into the whopper that he is.

Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of votes in that 11 million that may switch if given the right message. Hundreds of thousands if not millions more that would change their voting intention if given the information they need that made them realise a vote for trump is against their own interests. But it’s a subset of society that’s very stupid.

Trusting a weird little man to engage in a way that puts the totality of people above his personal beliefs?… far bigger risk than reward. He’s a fan of Musk ffs.

Of that 11 million, how many will switch from Trump to Kamala, based on 90 minutes of disingenuous debate? I’d suggest less than 1000.

His audience is a dogged group of folks that started listening to him when he was the fun weed guy, and many resolutely cling to him despite his evolution into the whopper that he is.

Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of votes in that 11 million that may switch if given the right message. Hundreds of thousands if not millions more that would change their voting intention if given the information they need that made them realise a vote for trump is against their own interests. But it’s a subset of society that’s very stupid.

Trusting a weird little man to engage in a way that puts the totality of people above his personal beliefs?… far bigger risk than reward. He’s a fan of Musk ffs.

Interesting post.

You go from the assertion that she may flip 1,000 votes.

Then two sentences later say....

"Hundreds of thousands if not millions given the information they need that made them realise a vote for trump is against their own interests"

So are you saying that if she gives the "information they need" then there is the potential to change minds?

And I think it's unfair to tar 11mil people with the same brush.

Chances are, if she goes on Rogan, so will Trump. That gives the audience an opportunity to compare and contrast. It may not happen, so lets just see if it does and how it turns out.

Regardless, if there is talks between her team and his show, then obviously way smarter people than you and I have performed the risk analysis and believe it is worth doing.

She engaged with 60 mins - "real journalists". Her worst answers got clipped up and are now on Trump campaign TV ads. It's the way it goes. It would seem that her campain thinks she doesn't have the luxury to just do scripted rallies.

Like it or not, he has an average of 11 million people listening to each of his episode. That will be as many as are watching all cable news stations for any given hour of the day.

She goes on Fox News, Rogan and is asking for a debate. That shines a light on Trump hiding in his safe spaces.
Are those 11 million all American? Don’t know the stats, but if that’s the total number, I imagine a sizable share is not eligible to vote in the US.

Is there any truth to the idea that elections are won in the US by the ability of either party to get their voter base to get out and vote, rather than swing voters going for one party over another?

Going on Rogan is a mistake
She isn’t charasmatic nor authentic enough to pull of podcasts besides, Rogan & co are vehemently anti-democrats he’ll try to get her with gotchas.
Nothing good can come out of it.

Interesting post.

"Hundreds of thousands if not millions given the information they need that made them realise a vote for trump is against their own interests"

So are you saying that if she gives the "information they need" then there is the potential to change minds?

Chances are, if she goes on Rogan, so will Trump. That gives the audience an opportunity to compare and contrast. It may not happen, so lets just see if it does and how it turns out.

Regardless, if there is talks between her team and his show, then obviously way smarter people than you and I have performed the risk analysis and believe it is worth doing.

The same smart team that let biden took the stage?

Interesting post.

Not that hard to understand mate. You’ve just done a Rogan on me. Literally exactly how he engages in debate.

The sentence was;

“how many will switch from Trump to Kamala, based on 90 minutes of disingenuous debate? I’d suggest less than 1000”

The hundreds of thousands sentence was;

“Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of votes in that 11 million that may switch if given the right message”

As in… it will not be responsible journalism. It’ll be narrowing down in detail and banality as the fella isn’t smart.

I don’t think it’s unfair to tar 11 million people with the same brush. The man finds his audience. Some left leaning people still listen to him. They’ll hold their nose and ‘only listen to the interesting ones’. But if they’re voting Democrat already there’s no need in her appearing. Rogan is The Sun or Daily Mirror. He’s mates with Alex Jones and cosy with Elon Musk.

Anyone not off that ride by now is
fiercely servile towards him. Or they roll their eyes and vote Democrat. Theres a rizla thin gap between those two groups and few exist in it.

We’re now at a point where folks need to accept that there are no good Trump voters. They’re either rich enough to vote in self interest, religious enough to vote on single point of principle, Racist, or Fcuking stupid.

No, the stimulus did not cause inflation to spike.
Of course these stimulus cheques lead to higher inflation as well as Trump's catastrophic handling of the pandemic.

You got any reliable (not right wing MAGA BS sources) that support your claim?

Biden didn't fight inflation that's the fed but he had to deal with the consequences.

The stimulus checks where a contributory factor to US inflation. The only factor, no. But a part.
Of course they were, no rocket science. People have time and more money at hand. It's human nature to spend it.
It's not the only reason but these stimulus packages are one of the reasons why Western countries had higher inflation than china or Japan.

Not that hard to understand mate. You’ve just done a Rogan on me. Literally exactly how he engages in debate.

The sentence was;

“how many will switch from Trump to Kamala, based on 90 minutes of disingenuous debate? I’d suggest less than 1000”

The hundreds of thousands sentence was;

“Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of votes in that 11 million that may switch if given the right message”

As in… it will not be responsible journalism. It’ll be narrowing down in detail and banality as the fella isn’t smart.

I don’t think it’s unfair to tar 11 million people with the same brush. The man finds his audience. Some left leaning people still listen to him. They’ll hold their nose and ‘only listen to the interesting ones’. But if they’re voting Democrat already there’s no need in her appearing. Rogan is The Sun or Daily Mirror. He’s mates with Alex Jones and cosy with Elon Musk.

Anyone not off that ride by now is
fiercely servile towards him. Or they roll their eyes and vote Democrat. Theres a rizla thin gap between those two groups and few exist in it.

We’re now at a point where folks need to accept that there are no good Trump voters. They’re either rich enough to vote in self interest, religious enough to vote on single point of principle, Racist, or Fcuking stupid.

I still don't understand?? Can she only flip 1000 people? OR if she does well and puts across the right message across, could it be more?

Regardless, your finger in the air predictions are just that.

No good Trump voters left? How many do you know? Where do you live?

Sounds like a bit of a Hillary Clinton Deplorables statement.

Going on Rogan is a mistake
She isn’t charasmatic nor authentic enough to pull of podcasts besides, Rogan & co are vehemently anti-democrats he’ll try to get her with gotchas.
Nothing good can come out of it.

Did pretty well on other podcasts!!!

I think you are giving Rogan far more credit than he deserves in terms of being able to catch her with "gotchas".

I would be far more worried about her sitting with Bret Baier.

Lets see - the Rogan interview hasn't even been announced. Only rumoured. But if she goes on, credit to her. Trump wont leave his safe space and would rather dance for 40 mins on stage than answer questions in a town hall - imagine if Kamala did that?

Of course it did. Thats obvious. The Trump admin caused inflation and blamed it on the Biden Admin. Typical!
Trump's handling of the pandemic was absolutely catastrophic, but stimulus is the weirdest part of it to bash him for.

Trump canceled CNBC interview today and already moved his Univision town hall to next week.

If he cancels a rally or two next week then shit will get real, La Civita and Wiles have cut back his media appearances for a while now, he even struggled with the Fox crew like with Maria Bartiromo the other day.

Trump canceled CNBC interview today and already moved his Univision town hall to next week.

If he cancels a rally or two next week then shit will get real, La Civita and Wiles have cut back his media appearances for a while now, he even struggled with the Fox crew like with Maria Bartiromo the other day.

I just wish this election was 12 months later. He’s really only at the start of his decline, and he’ll just about keep it covered up until November.

He's got dementia.

:lol: you can’t make this shiit up.

This is what dictators are like: they become so full of themselves no one dares to say anything. The emperor’s clothes.

This also reminds me of that president in Venezuela who had his own radio show, remember him?

Trump's handling of the pandemic was absolutely catastrophic, but stimulus is the weirdest part of it to bash him for.
Im not bashing him for it. Just stating the facts. You are saying the stimulus check he sent didn’t make prices go up. Im saying it did.

Stimilus money was a necessary ‘evil’. It created massive inflation but allowed many people to continue paying their rent/mortgage and bills.

If Kamala is doing Fox and Joe Rogan eventually etc I want her to highlight things like trumps planned tariffs. She has ammo that the few plans trump actually has tried to sell are absolutely awful for the deficit and economy.

Trump clashes with Bloomberg editor over tariffs

Former President Trump clashed with the editor-in-chief of Bloomberg News during an economic forum in Chicago on Tuesday over the GOP nominee’s insistence that tariffs would not have negative consequences in a possible second term.

Bloomberg’s top editor, John Micklethwait, repeatedly pressed Trump at the Economic Club of Chicago over his plans to impose a universal tariff on imports and his threats to use tariffs on American companies that outsource their manufacturing.

Micklethwait noted Trump’s plans would essentially halt trade with China, place at least a 10 percent tariff on European nations and have a drastic effect on the U.S. economy, where 40 million jobs rely on trade.

“That is going to have a serious effect on the overall economy,” Micklethwait said.

“It’s going to have a massive effect — positive effect. It’s going to be a positive effect,” Trump responded. “It must be hard for you to spend 25 years talking about tariffs as being negative and then have somebody explain to you that you’re totally wrong.”

Micklethwait noted that critics have said Trump’s tariff proposals for all imports would amount to a national sales tax, with $3 trillion worth of imports affected and companies passing on higher costs to buyers.

“That is just simple mathematics, President Trump,” he said.
Whats annoying is that so many voters do not understand tariffs still. And the built in distrust in media doesn't help them understand. So if trump says 'tariffs good' those inclined to him just buy it. But maybe if she can get a succinct explanation it might sink in to some voters. He barely has any policies but he's flat out telling you he wants terrible economic tariffs. And they are taxes on us not punishment on China.

:lol: you can’t make this shiit up.

This is what dictators are like: they become so full of themselves no one dares to say anything. The emperor’s clothes.

This also reminds me of that president in Venezuela who had his own radio show, remember him?

It is exactly like The Emperor's Clothes tale.

I mean, why would you let your candidate / farther / husband go out looking like this....

donald-trump-slammed-not-blending-makeup-shocking-photo-pumpkin-puree-2-1728763340163.jpg

His makeup artist must be a Democrat Operative.

Reuters/Ipsos is highly rated, no?

Exclusive: Harris holds steady, marginal 45%-42% lead over Trump, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds
Given the close match, the candidates' efforts to ensure that their supporters actually cast ballots will likely be key in determining the winner. Just two-thirds of U.S. adults voted in the November 2020 election, which was the highest turnout in over a century, according to estimates by the U.S. Census Bureau and the Pew Research Center.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ha...ver-trump-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-10-15/

Jimmy Carter cast his vote today, he achieved his last goal.

Hope he hangs in there to election day.

I will never understand why a bunch of you think Trump is inevitable, can't bother to talk about that subject anymore.

Probably because a lot of posters and people laughed at him when he put himself forward as a candidate for the GOP on 2016. Then laughed when he became the candidate. Then laughed when multiple scandals befell him.

Then horror when he won.

Then laughed when he lost in 2020. Then again when the criminal cases started rolling in. Then again when he put himself forward as candidate again. Then as different things were supposedly going to torpedo his campaign again.

And so here we stand in 2024. All of the above. And him still within a rounding error of being in power again.

You can excuse people feeling inevitability after the above.

I just looked at the 2020 exit polls: Biden won with 79% of the votes of black men and 59% of the votes of Latino men. Harris is capable of making such numbers or close to that.

Clinton lost the EC with better numbers than these, which again means: swing states…

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/exit-polls/president/national-results

Probably because a lot of posters and people laughed at him when he put himself forward as a candidate for the GOP on 2016. Then laughed when he became the candidate. Then laughed when multiple scandals befell him.

Then horror when he won.

Then laughed when he lost in 2020. Then again when the criminal cases started rolling in. Then again when he put himself forward as candidate again. Then as different things were supposedly going to torpedo his campaign again.

And so here we stand in 2024. All of the above. And him still within a rounding error of being in power again.

You can excuse people feeling inevitability after the above.
For me, Trump winning is a possibility not inevitability. I’m not sure that he is going to win.

Last edited:
Yeah she personally throws the napalm innit.
What a fecking stupid argument.

Besides State responsibility for violations of international law, individuals may be held criminally responsible for international crimes (i.e., war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide).

Each member of the armed forces is directly responsible for breaches he or she commits and can be held individually responsible before a criminal court for violations of the laws of war. The principle of individual criminal responsibility for war crimes can be dated back to the Lieber Code and is a long-standing rule of customary international law. Not only is it possible to hold accountable individuals who actually commit a war crime, but different forms of individual criminal responsibility allow persons who attempt, assist, facilitate, aid, abett, plan or instigate the commission of a war crime to face accountability for their actions. Finally, the law of

Are we even going to begin to talk about Trump and his broken “promises”? Cause we don’t have all year to do it.
Trump is held to different standards.

This year, the media can’t say “but her emails” and her husband doesn’t have any accusers. And so the media is looking for anything to create a story.

What a fecking stupid argument.

Besides State responsibility for violations of international law, individuals may be held criminally responsible for international crimes (i.e., war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide).

Each member of the armed forces is directly responsible for breaches he or she commits and can be held individually responsible before a criminal court for violations of the laws of war. The principle of individual criminal responsibility for war crimes can be dated back to the Lieber Code and is a long-standing rule of customary international law. Not only is it possible to hold accountable individuals who actually commit a war crime, but different forms of individual criminal responsibility allow persons who attempt, assist, facilitate, aid, abett, plan or instigate the commission of a war crime to face accountability for their actions. Finally, the law of

Indict a US Vice President with War Crimes? What involvement does she has exactly?

For 3.5 years the knock on Harris was that she didn't do anything. Now she is running as President she is suddenly responsible for all.

I didn't hear anyone during Trumps administration pinning any blame for his policies on Mike Pence.

As FDR's former VP John Nance Garner said, the VP office "is not worth a bucket of warm spit."

Hope Colin Allred has a good debate tonight against Ted Cruz and that hopefully it does something to help dump Cruz. Less than a week from early voting starting here in Texas.