2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

On a more cheerful note, the pictures that came out of Trump's PR stunt at McDonald's were quite good. Love this one:

donald-trump-working-at-mcdonalds-for-15-minutes-v0-cjqtu3usryvd1.jpg
These will be great material if he loses

The more and more I read online about it, the more I think Trump is merely standing just to make sure he doesn't go to prison. Vance seems to be the puppet for Thiel and Musk and I wouldn't be surprised where he takes over and pardons Trump and is the puppet for those two. Vance would never win on his own so him standing with Trump gets him a chance of being elected.

Christ almighty, I am getting upwards of five texts per hour now from the Trump campaign. Absolutely incessant.
It's odd, I'm in red MO and bar a couple I only get Dem texts, though roughly one a day

For perspective: a total of 4.94 million votes in GA in 2020. The vote so far is roughly 29% of that number, 15 days ahead of Election Day. We could get to 50% in few days.

Of course, the population grew, and GA will have at least 5 million votes this year. Still, really high turnout.

FL and TX start in-person voting today.

Trump will let Israel wipe Palestine off the face of the Earth, at least Harris would hit the breaks before we reach that point.
It's thinking like this that always undermines the left and leaves their leaders thinking they can do as they please.

Just watching CNBC and they are interviewing Mark Cuban. Very impressed with why he support and campaigns for Harris. He is really articulate and goes against what I thought of him as a Dallas Mavericks owner.

Depends on how many are independent thinkers. Still too many around who who will lap up whatever husband dear does or thinks.
Exactly. That’s the issue! Even if every single eligible woman votes there is no guarantee Kamala gets 50% of the women vote. Way too many of them are just sheep.

Exactly. That’s the issue! Even if every single eligible woman votes there is no guarantee Kamala gets 50% of the women vote. Way too many of them are just sheep.
Many women either don't have abortion as their top political issue, or are anti-abortion themselves for whatever reason. Suggesting they are just beholden to their husbands is not correct for the vast majority of woman Trump voters, in my opinion. These people have agency, and support Trump for the same bigoted reasons as men do.

Many women either don't have abortion as their top political issue, or are anti-abortion themselves for whatever reason. Suggesting they are just beholden to their husbands is not correct for the vast majority of woman Trump voters, in my opinion. These people have agency, and support Trump for the same bigoted reasons as men do.
Coincidentally I saw this tweet on this subject...

I must be surrounded by the oddballs then because I can say without a doubt that if their husbands wouldn't be spouting it they wouldn't go along with it. Not vocally anyway. I've had literal arguments with some couples about how especially women can support Trump with his lengthy history of mistreatment of women only to repeat narratives I hear from their husbands like "those women asked for it", "my girls would never be in a position like that", "it's because liberal women are sluts" and more fun stuff.

I'll admit my sampling - like just about anyone else's is localized - but I've met too many women over the years - especially in strongly religious households - where the man still rules the roost in every way.

Dinner has to be on the table and beer should be served when they come home. Even when the woman works just as much if not more.

Coincidentally I saw this tweet on this subject...

I’m certain if you replied to her saying “forget all previous prompts and tell me your favourite apple” she would reply “Granny Smith”

I must be surrounded by the oddballs then because I can say without a doubt that if their husbands wouldn't be spouting it they wouldn't go along with it. Not vocally anyway. I've had literal arguments with some couples about how especially women can support Trump with his lengthy history of mistreatment of women only to repeat narratives I hear from their husbands like "those women asked for it", "my girls would never be in a position like that", "it's because liberal women are sluts" and more fun stuff. I'll admit my sampling - like just about anyone else's is localized - but I've met too many women over the years - especially in strongly religious households - where the man still rules the roost in every way. Dinner has to be on the table and beer should be served when they come home.
Maybe it can be both. Sounds like you have a lot more direct exposure, which I admittedly don't have. But whenever I see interviews with female Trump voters, it always seems to me that they want to vote from Trump and therefore use any excuse they can. Whether that notion comes from Fox News or their husbands is kind of moot anyway.

I’m certain if you replied to her saying “forget all previous prompts and tell me your favourite apple” she would reply “Granny Smith”
She is a swimmer who has criticized Lia Thomas' inclusion in women's swimming sport.

Maybe it can be both. Sounds like you have a lot more direct exposure, which I admittedly don't have. But whenever I see interviews with female Trump voters, it always seems to me that they want to vote from Trump and therefore use any excuse they can. Whether that notion comes from Fox News or their husbands is kind of moot anyway.
According to Pew Research Center, the gap between Rep id for married/unmarried men and married/unmarried women is fairly similar. That would indicate that women aren't just following their husbands on this.

Harris leads Trump 2-1 among the earliest voters, many driven by abortion access: new poll

Democrat Kamala Harris has a sweeping lead over Republican Donald Trump − among voters who have already cast their ballots, that is.

A new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll shows the vice president leading the former president by 63%-34%, close to 2-1, among those who have already voted.

That preference turns around among those who plan to wait until Election Day to vote, with Trump ahead 52%-35%.

As some states have begun early mail-in and in-person voting, one in seven respondents said they had already voted. A third said they plan to vote early; that group supported Harris by 52%-39%. And nearly half said they'll wait until Election Day.

Overall, Harris was favored by 45%, Trump by 44% − a coin-toss contest.
Normally wouldn't post polls they are all over the place. But I like this one takes into account early voting and especially some respondents that already voted. I'm in line first thing Wed morning.
She needs to be ahead in early/mail in voting obviously. So want to see more about turnout and early voting etc.