2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I said to myself i wouldn't watch, but i watched a bit.

Vivek wants to burn as much coal as possible, i guess to own the libs, great stuff....

Vivek is getting boos from the crowd.

And Chris Christie just called him as M. ChatGPT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faux being Faux, refusing to correct the ludicrous lies of the candidates.

:lol: all around…

giphy.gif

Look at those people trying to out-christian the other in the topic of abortion.

Daniel Dale will have a field day on CNN later on.

Honestly, why Faux are allowed to keep "News" in their name is beyond me, they should be forced to change it.

Seems like many of the candidates are for federal abortion bans, hope they keep yelling it throughout next year as well.

You would think they would wisen up a bit, after a disappointing midterms, and several failed abortion referendums, but nope, they simply cant help themselves.

Honestly, why Faux are allowed to keep "News" in their name is beyond me, they should be forced to change it.

There is not a single day when I don't wish the US to have the equivalent of our own CRTC with similar rock solid rules.

Seems like many of the candidates are for federal abortion bans, hope they keep yelling it throughout next year as well.

You would think they would wisen up a bit, after a disappointing midterms, and several failed abortion referendums, but nope, they simply cant help themselves.
The Dobbs decision & the subsequent insane bans will live in perpetuity & will always benefit the Dems.

They should outright empty the stands if the hecklers don't want to let candidates speak. The next few debates should also be done behind closed doors.

DeSantis with a good point, GOP needs to stop talking about 2020 election if they are to win in the future, not like they will do, with Trump at the top of the ticket again.

I would honestly dump that cnut Vivek to join Neville Singham and Code Pink as losers who hate what the West should stand for.

Vivek certainly gets publicity, calling climate change a hoax, and essentially saying give Ukraine to Russia, bold strategy.

They are fools. Their only chance is to attack Trump en masse, and make his absence count. They are so far behind that anything else is meaningless. Sure, it might not work, but anything else is just expected bullshit that will *certainly* not work. If they attack him en masse, labeling him as a bad loser, as someone who lost in 2020 and still crying about it, they may have a chance. At least, they might drag him to the next debate. If they just give an oath with their support and admiration for Trump, what is the point? What are they trying to accomplish? The vice presidency? If their goal is the vice presidency they should not be candidates at all, just stay in the periphery and support the "duce". Why are they wasting their time if they don't really want to become the next President?

They are fools. Their only chance is to attack Trump en masse, and make his absence count. They are so far behind that anything else is meaningless. Sure, it might not work, but anything else is just expected bullshit that will *certainly* not work. If they attack him en masse, labeling him as a bad loser, as someone who lost in 2020 and still crying about it, they may have a chance. At least, they might drag him to the next debate. If they just give an oath with their support and admiration for Trump, what is the point? What are they trying to accomplish? The vice presidency? If their goal is the vice presidency they should not be candidates at all, just stay in the periphery and support the "duce". Why are they wasting their time if they don't really want to become the next President?
They are all hoping he dies or is not eligible to run by the time voting starts. None of them, accept the ghost of Tiny D’s past, ever had hope of defeating him in an actual primary

They are all hoping he dies or is not eligible to run by the time voting starts. None of them, accept the ghost of Tiny D’s past, ever had hope of defeating him in an actual primary

Yes, probably you are right. Or perhaps they have already written off 2024 and they hope they will have a chance in 2028. Either way, these debates seem to be completely pointless.

Depends, through the eyes of the primary voters? Probably the one's who makes least sense.

Which is probably that Vivek psycho. That guy is really nuts but I can see him appealing more to many R primary voters than Pence or Desantis or the more "reasonable" Christie.

Yes, probably you are right. Or perhaps they have already written off 2024 and they hope they will have a chance in 2028. Either way, these debates seem to be completely pointless.

You can feel it in the air, this debate doesn't seem very serious, they all know they are not getting there.

Sane people get nothing from watching a GOP debate. They aren't going to discuss real issues and plans because they do not have any. They have to back some form of abortion ban to get evangelical money. They don't care that it is massively unpopular with voters at large and galvanizes turnout. And unless Trump goes to jail or bows out none of them can beat him for the MAGA base

Ramaswamy is so obnoxious, i actually dislike him more than DeSantis at this point.

The Dobbs decision & the subsequent insane bans will live in perpetuity & will always benefit the Dems.

And yet, polling will show Trump about equal with Biden in the popular vote or whatever.

It feels like the midterms all over again, the polls are just wrong.

And yet, polling will show Trump about equal with Biden in the popular vote or whatever.

It feels like the midterms all over again, the polls are just wrong.
Polling about abortion / women’s reproductive rights is wrong?

I think what he means is that Republicans do decent in polls but there was no red wave in the midterms.

Quite so.

Add to democrats overperforming in special elections ever since SCOTUS overturned abortion, and the fact that Trump got, well, crushed in the popular vote as an incumbent prior to that, and yet now i'm supposed to believe is about tied with Biden in the popular vote, despite criminal charges and all?

I get that Biden isn't very popular, but the polls are wrong, plain and simple, there is no way Trump is going to contend the popular vote.

Now, he does have a small chance due to the electoral college, but popular vote doesn't matter, sadly.

From a quick review of the commentary, it seems like Vivek had a good night, and a few people also positive about Haley. DeSantis seems like the big loser for the debate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Vivek ends up second in the voting.