2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Jill Stein got roasted pretty hard on her reddit AMA, if anyone is looking for a laugh.

There's a new GOP sponsored poll in PA that was just released today. Harris + 4

Another poll has Trump up 2, PA has been stuck at like 0,5-1 point for Harris for like a month, it's probably just going to stay like that until November.

So, just hope for a good turnout, the polls in PA seem immovable at this point.

You can see why the Republicans are gaslighting on FEMA spending now. These hurricanes are horrible for them because they’re seemingly only hitting deep red states and they look like fecking wankers after refusing spending / wanting to shut down the government.

Her brother in law is chief counsel for Uber, her niece used to be a Uber top brass as well, one of her best friend is a SF billionaire, her husband was an entertainment lawyer for years.

There's 0 chance her administration will be as pro labour as Biden's, it is a given that she will be much more 'business friendly'.

Fair points, but still, you kinda feel if she was a neolib at heart, she would have picked Shapiro, right?
Her record as a senator is also considerably more liberal than the way she is campaigning now.

Fair points, but still, you kinda feel if she was a neolib at heart, she would have picked Shapiro, right?
Her record as a senator is also considerably more liberal than the way she is campaigning now.
She also dropped Medicare for All and fracking ban like a hot potato once it suits her political agenda.

I actually believe her housing plan (more specifically, that she will try to achieve it) because YIMBY started in SF and has influenced a lot of liberal politicians there, otherwise, there's nothing on her record that professes an affinity towards pro labour activism/views 60s/70s style, her recent amenability towards crypto also points to capitulation to the VCs/tech bros crowd.

Not picking Shapiro is, imo, a lot more about personal ambition and affinity. Tim Walz is more progressive but he wouldn't upstage her, and that leads to an easier working relationship than if you have a VP who constantly put himself out there throughout her administration (and also she probably learned from Clinton picking Kaine when the left needed a bone)

And then beyond that twitter headline started talking about how her economic policy is focused on small business, and then the video cuts off.

Are we at the point now that people can't even watch a 1:30 video? Heres the full 5 min video, I skipped around it and she said:

That her small business focus is about local community jobs and revitalising communities. Then goes on to say a Harris admin will up the tax credit from $5000 to $50,000. Then moved on to her target for home construction goals, downpayment assistance for new homebuyers.

5 mins, small businesses, tax assistance, home ownership goals and financial support. It's not that hard to just watch a fecking video.

And then beyond that twitter headline started talking about how her economic policy is focused on small business, and then the video cuts off.

Are we at the point now that people can't even watch a 1:30 video? Heres the full 5 min video, I skipped around it and she said:

That her small business focus is about local community jobs and revitalising communities. Then goes on to say a Harris admin will up the tax credit from $5000 to $50,000. Then moved on to her target for home construction goals, downpayment assistance for new homebuyers.

5 mins, small businesses, tax assistance, home ownership goals and financial support. It's not that hard to just watch a fecking video.

It is if you're biased against.

(If that was an intentional joke, it was a good one).

(And I do agree with the point you’re making).

I think Trump is the slight favourite at the moment but there's still time for things to tip just so slightly in the other direction. Total toss up but if I was a betting man I'd bet on Trump right now.

I think the deal here was that De Santis didn't want to take a call from Harris as it wouldn't normally be the VP that would normally call the Governors in this situation.

The other Governors were happy to take a call from her though.

The one silver lining of this Hurricane is that DeSantis can dust off his waders....

FeSt2reaYAAuSSh.jpg

This is quite interesting, could Alaska be the "dark horse" of this race?

could Alaska be the "dark horse" of this race?
In what way? Peltola doesnt even look great at the moment.

It's definitely a winnable state with the right level of investment though, although the small number of EVs prevent that.

That being said, while Ds keep dooming over 'internals' and polls in general, or interview clips, their candiates are all winning in special elections. In the recent mayoral election of Tulsa, when the incumbent GOP mayor declined to run, the GOP did so badly that both candidates who went to the run off were Democrats.

Dark horse for what?

You know, a potential upset?

This is not the first sign that Alaska has looked less than stellar for GOP in recent years.

Very limited polling too, so how the state plan to vote compared to 2020 is unknown.

Its a very unlikely scenario, to be clear, but crazier things have happened.

You know, a potential upset?

This is not the first sign that Alaska has looked less than stellar for GOP in recent years.

Very limited polling too, so how the state plan to vote compared to 2020 is unknown.

Its a very unlikely scenario, to be clear, but crazier things have happened.

It's not happening of course, but it is interesting to note that when Biden was in the race Trump was up by around 20 and now the last couple of polls have been +9 and +5

This piece of filth is probably more despicable than Trump, and given his age and the way Ohio has gone, we are plagued with him for another 30 years.

This piece of filth is probably more despicable than Trump, and given his age and the way Ohio has gone, we are plagued with him for another 30 years.

Maybe Ohio goes back to around 50/50 again, when Trump and MAGA doesn't control the party anymore, one can hope.

Dont mistake this either for having the dirty fingers of the DeVos family all over it. It is a veiled attack on the public schooling system which has been under assault from Betsy and her clan for years now with varying successes around the country. They are not just using this to believe in the illegals argument, but also to undermine trust in public education in general. They want private schools that can fully brainwash people by having full control of the curriculum. Like with anything else those nutters do or so - it's all an admission. Many of those schools already exist. Same reason they re probably fine with school schootings at the public schools. And yes I actually believe that.

A) is the 85k number correct?
B) Vance is classifying any immigrant that has Temporary Protected Status illegals because he doesn't agree with the law. Just like he did to the Haitians in Springfield.
C) The 14th amendment Constitution provides birthright citizenship even to those born in the US to illegal immigrants. That will include children of people on TPS.
D) Thee are circa 1.5m students were enrolled in Michigan Public Schools, making this 85k around 5%. Is he saying teaches cant do their jobs because of an extra one kid per 20?
E) Is he now looking to deport kids that have US birthrights and are currently attending school here?
F) I very much doubt these kids cant speak English.
G) Vance is scum.

No presidential candidate is believed to have ever raised so much money so fast. The campaign has stopped trumpeting its fund-raising totals to keep Democrats from becoming complacent.