2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Im sure Trump will be there too...

trump-paper-towels-hurricane.gif

Do Biden or Harris plan to visit the fecking massive natural disaster in an increasingly crucial swing state anytime soon? Also just hold more rallies? Hire canvassers with their hundreds of millions? Might be important idk.

Im sure Trump will be there too...
Yeah he doesn't do well with empathy and compassion in these settings. But, I am sure his campaign will want him out there trying. Maybe spin up more conspiracies. Haitians caused the hurricanes perhaps? They can send JD down after the VP debate let him try to awkwardly interact maybe comfort some cat ladies while pretending he doesn't hate them.

Yeah he doesn't do well with empathy and compassion in these settings. But, I am sure his campaign will want him out there trying. Maybe spin up more conspiracies. Haitians caused the hurricanes perhaps? They can send JD down after the VP debate let him try to awkwardly interact maybe comfort some cat ladies while pretending he doesn't hate them.

Sadly, he doesn't need empathy. He can just go down to N Carolina and tell them the Democrats are doing nothing and that he would have had this all cleaned up by yesterday.

Rudy Giuliani’s Daughter: Trump Took My Dad From Me. Please Don’t Let Him Take Our Country, Too
I am constantly asking myself how America is back here, even considering the possibility of electing Donald Trump again, after all of the damage he has caused, both in office and since. While Kamala Harris has gained extraordinary momentum by infusing this election with vitality and hope, I worry that too many Americans remain disconnected from the visceral, psychologically draining memory of Trump’s deeply destabilizing presidency. If enough people truly remembered what that chaos felt like, another Trump term wouldn’t even be on the table. But for those open to seeing the bare and unvarnished truth, there are unmistakable reminders of Trump’s destructive trail all around us, and it has broken my heart to watch my dad become one of them.

As Rudy Giuliani’s daughter, I’m unfortunately well-suited to remind Americans of just how calamitous being associated with Trump can be, even for those who are convinced he’s on their side. Watching my dad’s life crumble since he joined forces with Trump has been extraordinarily painful, both on a personal level and because his demise feels linked to a dark force that threatens to once again consume America. Not to disregard individual accountability in the slightest, but it would be naive for us to ignore the fact that many of those closest to Trump have descended into catastrophic downward spirals. If we let Trump back into the driver’s seat this fall, our country will be no exception.
Reading the family members of these MAGA nuts noting how crazy these people are and how they fell into the trump cult is kind of satisfying. But she still kind of passes too much blame on her dad's actions to trump. Yes he wrecked his reputation and life/career in service of trump. But, he did some disgusting things like the lies and purposely putting a target on Ruby Freeman just doing her job as a poll worker.

He definitely did not type that up.

obviously not. but the senile old man will be very visibly there now, and the senile old president or his younger vp won't be, and i'm not sure that's a great strategy to win an election.

obviously not. but the senile old man will be very visibly there now, and the senile old president or his younger vp won't be, and i'm not sure that's a great strategy to win an election.
Sad thing though is that Biden not visiting in some ways probably is helpful. That's a lot of resources that are desperately needed elsewhere or the optics of them being used for him when people are struggling isn't great either. Other presidents have been ripped a new one for those types of actions. Kind of a lose lose situation when you're in that position.

Just posted that myself without seeing your post. Harris has been comfortably winning Michigan in the public polling so the fact the private polling is showing otherwise is a huge alarm bell.
Internal Dems polling at the time of the convention had Harris one or two points up in both Michigan and Wisconsin according to Jake Tapper.

Trump is:
1. doing better with working class voters than any republican in whatever number of decades
2. doing better with Latinos than all republicans since Bush
3. doing better with black voters
4. doing better with Jewish voters
5. doing better with young voters
… etc.

With such gains, if they’re indeed true, you would expect him to be leading this race very comfortably. Yet, the same polls show that he’s down 1-3 points in most swing states, barely leading in GA and AZ, and may lose NC.

Are all these gains basically wiped out by losses among white voters, particularly with college degrees? Otherwise, I don’t know what’s going on.

Or maybe polls are just not capturing the reality, one way or another.

Just posted that myself without seeing your post. Harris has been comfortably winning Michigan in the public polling so the fact the private polling is showing otherwise is a huge alarm bell.
It all goes back to the threatened male ego phenomenon to me. Especially in a country like this that is still so very backwards on gender expectations and roles despite some of the equality pushes. They see Trump as some strong man and that's obviously where Kamala is at a massive disadvantage. Being an asshole who s only in it to better himself plays well with a certain crowd. The victim complex is real.

I did also see some mention there’s a fairly decent sized lebanese population in Michigan as well.

1) Private polling isn’t more accurate than public polling.
2) Campaigns are naturally more inclined to ring ‘alarm bells’ to solicit donations.

This is the sort of garbage that’s flooding the average right now.

Great statement, pity that the state will vote for his opponent though.