2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

People are still voting for this?

America is fu ked.

Approximately half of American voters want this guy to be their leader and the most powerful man on earth. A tiny fraction will decide whether he will be or not. Truly a terrible system that produces those results.

From a couple of days ago.

Top Muslim-voter organization endorses Harris as Middle East conflict escalates
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Vice President Kamala Harris has secured the endorsement of one of the nation’s largest Muslim American voter mobilization groups, marking a significant boost to her campaign since many Muslim and Arab American organizations have opted to support third-party candidates or not endorse.

Emgage Action, the political arm of an 18-year-old Muslim American advocacy group, endorsed Harris’ presidential campaign on Wednesday, saying in a statement provided first to The Associated Press that the group “recognizes the responsibility to defeat” Donald Trump in November.
Top Muslim-voter organization endorses Harris as Middle East conflict escalates

Polls that skew towards Harris or Trump

ouDx9T5.png

I know that it will not matter to his voters, but I don't know how the D affiliated media doesn't hammer over and over that he is demented and derranged
I’m not sure that that would help.

The country knows Trump well, particularly people who were adults in 2016. They heard the racism from Day One of his campaign back then. Those who voted for him know that too.

At this stage, maybe just the younger voters need to know more about him. I also think that these past two months the country got a good enough reminder of who he is, in case anyone forgot.

"I'll be a dictator for only one day. "

"what we need is for the police to be allowed to be illegally violent for one day."

Wow, I wonder what he's hoping to do? It's all such a mystery.

"I'll be a dictator for only one day. "

"what we need is for the police to be allowed to be illegally violent for one day."

Wow, I wonder what he's hoping to do? It's all such a mystery.
We live in a world where a man running for President can say this, and still gets at least 47% of the votes.

We live in a world where a man running for President can say this, and still gets at least 47% of the votes.

Which is why squandering precious time and resources "calling out" Trump over stuff like this is futile. Those who are going to vote for him are doing so based on emotion and identity, not substance.

I’m not sure that that would help.

The country knows Trump well, particularly people who were adults in 2016. They heard the racism from Day One of his campaign back then. Those who voted for him know that too.

At this stage, maybe just the younger voters need to know more about him. I also think that these past two months the country got a good enough reminder of who he is, in case anyone forgot.
You might be right, but at least he would lose his shit because his ego would be hurt.

She just wants more money for her campaign, could Harris lose Michigan, sure, but I trust the public high quality pollsters and fundamentals more than internal polling that is always spun for a variety of reasons. I do think that Slotkin is facing one of the more formidable GOP SEN candidates for what it's worth.

On another note, this may be unfair but Slotkin really gives me Sinema vibes, doesn't seem like a good team player. Luckily the AZ Dem Party is ruthless and brutally defenestrated Sinema after a single term but nonetheless, some people really seem opportunistic. Slotkin rubbed me the wrong way with some of the sidestepping of Biden, no matter how unpopular he was as the candidate at the time.

In one sense this election can't come fast enough: It will end the constant cycle of slight positivity and angst that comes out of every new swing state poll.

Vance-Walz debate is tomorrow for American viewers and I think Wednesday night for Europeans?

If that's true then polling is way off. Most of the top rated pollsters have had Harris consistently up for months there.
Polling methodology hasn't changed so it's reasonable to assume that Trump is being underestimated again, which spells doom for Harris with her narrow polling lead.

Polling methodology hasn't changed so it's reasonable to assume that Trump is being underestimated again, which spells doom for Harris with her narrow polling lead.

If polling methodology hasn’t changed then there’s no point in us posting any of them.

But it has? Aren't pollsters sampling higher numbers of republicans than in the past?

Also, if methodology really hasn't changed, then one can well argue polling error will benefit democrats instead, because of almost every kind of election since 2022 has done so.

If that's true then polling is way off. Most of the top rated pollsters have had Harris consistently up for months there.
It's emotional blackmail. Jacky Rosen sent out a mailer citing Cortez-Masto polling in 2022 as evidence of polling being off, guess which one she sent? The one outlier poll with CCM leading by 13 pts, while literally every other poll had the race within MoE. Harris campaign had already done the same when they used the NYT/Siena poll having her tied nationally for fundraising.

Trump was leading in a couple of recent NYT/Siena polls in MI. He is also leading by 3.5% in a recent Atlas Intel poll there, which may be what she's talking about. Harris is up about 1.9% in MI in the polling average. We need more polls to confirm whether or not Trump is making any progress there.

Trump was leading in a couple of recent NYT/Siena polls in MI. He is also leading by 3.5% in a recent Atlas Intel poll there, which may be what she's talking about. Harris is up about 1.9% in MI in the polling average. We need more polls to confirm whether or not Trump is making any progress there.
NYT/Siena had her 4 points up just last month. I'm not reading too much into the latest Atlas polls, they look all over the place to me. Even with the Robinson scandal I can't see her really being +3 in NC.

NYT/Siena had her 4 points up just last month. I'm not reading too much into the latest Atlas polls, they look all over the place to me. Even with the Robinson scandal I can't see her really being +3 in NC.

A NYT/Siena poll with all candidates in MI (Jill Stein etc), had her down by 3. That was only 4 days ago, so you can see why some are beginning to grow a bit concerned. Atlas are also a highly rated pollster at FiveThirtyEight, so they shouldn't be dismissed. If anything theirs and the recent NYT/Siena poll are spitting out similar numbers, which should be a giant red flag for Dems.

When are people, especially the media, going to wake up and realize there is a 50% chance that we are about to move into an authoritarian dictatorship?

He wants critics imprisoned.
We wants police to commit violence against suspected criminals.
He wants media outlets to be taken off the air if critical of him.
He wants to remove the boundaries between church and state.
He wants to isolate us from the rest of the world (apart from Israel, Russia, N Korea and Hungary)

We are sleepwalking into this.

Here is the link if anyone wants to read the full Editorial board article from NYT 'The Only Patriotic Choice for President'

Do Biden or Harris plan to visit the fecking massive natural disaster in an increasingly crucial swing state anytime soon? Also just hold more rallies? Hire canvassers with their hundreds of millions? Might be important idk.

Do Biden or Harris plan to visit the fecking massive natural disaster in an increasingly crucial swing state anytime soon? Also just hold more rallies? Hire canvassers with their hundreds of millions? Might be important idk.

Presidents normally of course do visit but they don't just jump right in while bodies are still being counted usually. They are coordinating disaster relief and making sure the states are getting the assistance they need before coming down with their security details interrupting the efforts of the people on the ground.

Presidents normally of course do visit but they don't just jump right in while bodies are still being counted usually. They are coordinating disaster relief and making sure the states are getting the assistance they need before coming down with their security details interrupting the efforts of the people on the ground.
Their comments:

President Joe Biden says he will visit Hurricane Helene-impacted areas this week as long as it does not disrupt rescue and recovery operations. The White House also said Vice President Kamala Harris will visit the storm-ravaged areas “as soon as it is possible without disrupting emergency response operations.”
https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-helene-recover-biden-visit-823be75adbed4fa1d7c108a207dbb3e3