2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Harris is going to get absolutely destroyed in the debate. She's shit at appearing to be competent without a script. And Trump with his lies will completely take her off script and she'll feck up massively.

Harris is going to get absolutely destroyed in the debate. She's shit at appearing to be competent without a script. And Trump with his lies will completely take her off script and she'll feck up massively.
She’s an ex prosecutor… she literally did this shit off the cuff for 20 odd years…

Some of you don’t really understand what the above means and you should be thankful.

She's done fine in previous debates. Nothing spectacular of course, but always seems to have a few scripted zingers in her back pocket that quickly make their way to social media. The fact that she isn't exactly an Obama level public orator will quickly become meaningless when she's juxtaposed against Trump's mindless gibberish.

She’s an ex prosecutor… she literally did this shit off the cuff for 20 odd years…

Some of you don’t really understand what the above means and you should be thankful.

I don't think her being a prosecutor will bail her out, because for all she may want to prosecute during the debate, she will also have to defend the record of the Biden administration.

What a naive statement. You do realise that that in court you have plenty of time to rebutt a point, you normally have a whole legal team with you and you have carefully prepared case notes in front of you. It's a completely different scenario. She does not come across well when speaking on the fly - just as I did in my shitty job interview today, so I can sympathise (:lol:)

What a naive statement. You do realise that that in court you have plenty of time to rebutt a point, you normally have a whole legal team with you and you have carefully prepared case notes in front of you. It's a completely different scenario. She does not come across well when speaking on the fly - just as I did in my shitty job interview today, so I can sympathise (:lol:)

Also worth mentioning that low quality grifter Tulsi Gabbard took her apart in the 2019 debates. She never really recovered from that and subsequently quit the race. That same Tulsi Gabbard has been prepping Trump for next week's debate.

How much are fluffers paid these days?

Seriously though. Good luck with the job!

This. I mean someone who had a literal career in a major US city of prosecuting frauds, liars and criminals. And she will be standing next to a convicted fraud, and felon. All she needs to do is call trump out on his lies in real time.

You are a liar you cannot get IVF for free or mandated by insurance companies. The costs are astronomical and it isn't like its one treatment one baby. It fails a lot. The GOP have been attacking women's reproductive freedom your entire Presidency. Pivot to his SC judges and his claims of 'I got Roe overturned'.

He comes at them about immigration and the border. Defend with the immigration numbers have gone way down. Even Abbot doesnt have enough migrants to bus to other cities anymore. Throw in that trump killed the bipartisan border bill because he didnt want anything passed under Biden. He wants it as an election issue not to actually solve anything.

Crime has gone down have the data for that ready despite the GOP fearmongering.

She doesn't have to be the best speaker on the planet. With her team and her prep time there is no reason she shouldnt be able to put him down.

Have his felony counts ready. His massive debt and court judgements. Reminders on how many died under his incompetent Covid leadership. Election fraud and personal whining vs looking towards the future.

There is nothing that he can hit her with other than the same old radical lefty, she's coming for your guns. She wants abortions at every drive thru along with your coffee order bs.

There is even another school shooting unfortunately to bring up. 14 year old shooter, and GOP is more worried about drag queens and banning books that making our schools safe.
Heritage foundation his ties to them, how many are his supporters even though he tries to claim he doesnt know anything about them. He just spoke at a Heritage Foundation sponsored event for Moms for Liberty. Yet he claims he doesnt know about Project 2025. Be ready to name all the events he has attended linking him to it. How many advisors he has that came directly from them.

@Raoul the DoJ indictment of Russia Today employees seems to be quite a big story. Perhaps a separate thread for it or keep it here or...? It seems to be part Ukraine, part election talking points and maybe more topics.

Last edited:
@Raoul the DoJ indictment of Russia Today employees seems to be quite a big story. Perhaps a separate thread for it or keep it here or...? It seems to be part Ukraine, part election talking points and maybe more topics.

Other thread or maybe in the media thread

This. I mean someone who had a literal career in a major US city of prosecuting frauds, liars and criminals. And she will be standing next to a convicted fraud, and felon. All she needs to do is call trump out on his lies in real time.

You are a liar you cannot get IVF for free or mandated by insurance companies. The costs are astronomical and it isn't like its one treatment one baby. It fails a lot. The GOP have been attacking women's reproductive freedom your entire Presidency. Pivot to his SC judges and his claims of 'I got Roe overturned'.

He comes at them about immigration and the border. Defend with the immigration numbers have gone way down. Even Abbot doesnt have enough migrants to bus to other cities anymore. Throw in that trump killed the bipartisan border bill because he didnt want anything passed under Biden. He wants it as an election issue not to actually solve anything.

Crime has gone down have the data for that ready despite the GOP fearmongering.

She doesn't have to be the best speaker on the planet. With her team and her prep time there is no reason she shouldnt be able to put him down.

Have his felony counts ready. His massive debt and court judgements. Reminders on how many died under his incompetent Covid leadership. Election fraud and personal whining vs looking towards the future.

There is nothing that he can hit her with other than the same old radical lefty, she's coming for your guns. She wants abortions at every drive thru along with your coffee order bs.

There is even another school shooting unfortunately to bring up. 14 year old shooter, and GOP is more worried about drag queens and banning books that making our schools safe.
Heritage foundation his ties to them, how many are his supporters even though he tries to claim he doesnt know anything about them. He just spoke at a Heritage Foundation sponsored event for Moms for Liberty. Yet he claims he doesnt know about Project 2025. Be ready to name all the events he has attended linking him to it. How many advisors he has that came directly from them.

That's all well and good, and you're right, she should be well prepared with facts to throw back at him, but.......

Do you not remember the Trump Clinton debate where he basically stalked and intimidated her the entire time? He looked like a fecking creepy rapist the way he leered over her and tried everything he could to make her as uncomfortable as possible even filling the front row with the women who accused her husband of sexual abuse.

As for the actual meat and bones of the debate he just shouted over her, continually interrupted her and continually called her a liar or denied anything she said against him.

He will be no different this time. He will accuse her of all the lies and conspiracy bullshit he posts on social media, go after her father for being a Marxist, attack her ethnicity and anything else he thinks of at the time. He will absolutely go after her over the withdrawal from Afghanistan and inflation.

Ultimately it won't matter though as he will claim he won no matter what happens. Personally, I think Trump's biggest weakness is his ego. I've seen a few examples of him losing his shit. He walked out of a BBC interview because he couldn't handle the questions put to him, and as we have seen recently at the Black Journalists Conference where he didn't like the questions he was asked and played the victim saying the lady asking the questions was nasty and rude and kept blaming the sound saying he couldn't hear them.

If it were me I would just use sarcasm and do to him what he does to others. When he's talking about immigration ask him how Mexico paying for the wall went. Talking about infrastructure, well how's your bill doing? Is it ready yet? Mention Arlington, go after him attacking a grieving Gold Star widow and valuing a Presidential award over the Medal of Honour.. Offer him a Sharpie to change stormy (no need for itallllics) charts.. Hammer him on cancelling White House Press Conferences, January 6th, his COVID response and cures, him having the vaccine, and his crowd sizes at rallies. Holding rallies every week during his election. How he hires the best people yet nearly every single one of them leaves and won't back him... Him embarrassing the world at the G8 where other leaders mocked him or at NATO where he pushed others to get in the front for a picture.

Disrespecting the Queen of England by ignoring Royal protocol...... Mocking his mushroom size like Obama did recently. He hates being embarrassed (especially by a woman or person of colour) and doesn't have the ability or restraint to not react and that's how to get to him and get him to lose his shit, which I would love to see.

However, losing his shit would be amazing,, this is about winning an election and Kamala has to remember his voters will not care or change their vote, not will many of hers, it's the independents and undecided she needs to reach and for that she needs a positive and clear message on policies and how it will help the American people.

If Kamala can keep her cool, not let him intimidate or bully her or shout over her, and if she has the facts to throw back at him regarding policy. If she has the facts and stats to back up and defend her & Bidens record in the last 4 years, and if she can be composed enough to throw enough of his lies, mistakes, court cases & criminal charges & failures during his time in office back at him, then maybe she can reach those voters she needs to. However, I'm not sure she can or will. I hope she does, but I can't see it. I think it will be much of the same and she will be overpowered and anything relevant will be lost in the great Trump show.

So Tulsi Gabbard is claiming she is on the terror watchlist known as quiet skies list, because she criticised Kamala, is this true?

Forgot about tickets for this event. More eventful than seeing John Bolton talk about his book but reveal nothing interesting.

I’m a lawyer and previous to my current role, a litigation lawyer…

The issue with her being a lawyer is that in a debate, she doesn't have the luxury of cross examining Trump since its a highly controlled format where each person gets about a minute to talk and a short rebuttal, and mikes are turned off in between exchanges. Therefore there's little to no opportunity for Harris to do the sort of thing such as she did with the likes of Brett Kavanaugh or Bill Barr.

So what? My best mate is a KC. He's a fecking terrible debater. I've been to the Royal Courts of Justice so many times as part of my job. These people don't walk on water.

https://www.wusf.org/politics-issue...istic-about-democrats-2024-chances-in-florida

Never an election-cycle where dems don't big up Florida, only to have eggs on their faces by the end, whats the deal with opening up campaign offices? They better not do a Hillary here, and forget what really matters.
I don't think they are not focusing where they need to. There is just such a massive amount of money coming into the Harris/Waltz campaign they have the resources to expand ground efforts. They also gave a record amount to down ballot races too this week. They still have far better ground games/volunteers and campaign offices than trump in most battlegrounds I believe as well.

Also worth mentioning that low quality grifter Tulsi Gabbard took her apart in the 2019 debates. She never really recovered from that and subsequently quit the race. That same Tulsi Gabbard has been prepping Trump for next week's debate.

Trump will forget his debate prep the second Harris calls him weird.

A bunch of far right pro-Trump influencers are being investigated regarding connections to Russia apparently, Tim Pool among them. It probably won't affect the election but it will be funny to watch some of these propagandists and grifters get taken down.

A bunch of far right pro-Trump influencers are being investigated regarding connections to Russia apparently, Tim Pool among them. It probably won't affect the election but it will be funny to watch some of these propagandists and grifters get taken down.

Benny Johnson as well. It will be fun watching them squirm in the coming days.

Not much point in arguing right now, we'll know next week after the debate. It's really important to both candidates imo.

Predictably, it does look better for Harris in swing-states, particulary PA, without the low rated pollsters.
There is an incentive by some, to flood the market with these polls, we saw it in 2022, in the month before the election, could be the same this time as well.

Last edited: