2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Only took him about 30 years in the industry to work that out. Being booted out of the corporate boxes and hotel rooms he used to enjoy probably contributed to his epiphany.
Yes. I give him credit for saying what he said in this clip, but he’s not the best messenger to deliver this message. Was he at the RNC? Did he see this? If so, why was he quiet back then.l?

I hate all of this corporate stuff during conventions, but this not new. He could’ve and should’ve talked about it a long time ago.

He has a point, and i appreciate he mentions citizens united, a ridiculous decision, way before Trump came around btw, every judge who voted for that should have been removed from office.

Now, i don't like false equivalences though, there is only one party that, and i wish they did a lot more, voted to bring down the prices of certain medicines, insulin being the main one, not a single republican voted with dems on that, so there is no question which party has a better track record on combating price gouging.

He has a point, and i appreciate he mentions citizens united, a ridiculous decision, way before Trump came around btw, every judge who voted for that should have been removed from office.

Now, i don't like false equivalences though, there is only one party that, and i wish they did a lot more, voted to bring down the prices of certain medicines, insulin being the main one, not a single republican voted with dems on that, so there is no question which party has a better track record on combating price gouging.
And Chris Coumo of course can’t say that. It has to be both sides…

That's not a real post surely? Couldn't see it on his Truth Social profile.

Found this one of him having sex with a lion though.
Smart-Select-20240826-001559-Opera.jpg

Ok, so had he not got the boot from CNN, then he would have been in the CNN box too.

But he is right though and he illustrated it very well. Billions of $ spent on each campaign and only millions raised by the grass roots. People have to ask who is paying and why? And why if only 10% of a campaign is funded for by "the people" would any party put the interests of people before the large donors, companies, lobbies and PACs.

Exactly why there is so little progress in American politics.

Woah. Media will excuse it. Just Trump being Trump!
If he didn't post it, which as Bert_ points out there it really doesn't look like he did, I think they'd probably be right not to be blaming him too much for random twitter users faking screenshots pretending to be his posts.

Woah. Media will excuse it. Just Trump being Trump!
That's not a real post surely? Couldn't see it on his Truth Social profile.

Found this one of him having sex with a lion though.
Smart-Select-20240826-001559-Opera.jpg
It’s fake, I should’ve clarified in the original post, thought the ‘Karmal Aroush’ and ‘royal satanic army’ would be self evident of a parody. Just found it really funny because this is an old meme on Twitch that has now found its way into political discourse.

Sarcastic ridicule of slavery is so so charming.
In a thread dedicated to reasonably important upcoming election between Trump and Harris, random re-posting of bit of book without commentary is charming too. What is the purpose of said repost?

Is it to show that Harris a flawed candidate, with questionable decisiosn across a long career?
Is it to highlight a potentially horrific decision vis-a-vis rights of prisoners?
Is it to try and start a debate on the greater good to soceity and the tough decisiosn that leaders must make with competing priorities?
Is it just more lazy virtue signalling because the candidate is not left/pro-gaza/whatever enough for the poster?

We'll never know. Because it's a just a post of a tweet. Which is super helpful, as ever.

In a thread dedicated to reasonably important upcoming election between Trump and Harris, random re-posting of bit of book without commentary is charming too. What is the purpose of said repost?

Is it to show that Harris a flawed candidate, with questionable decisiosn across a long career?
Is it to highlight a potentially horrific decision vis-a-vis rights of prisoners?
Is it to try and start a debate on the greater good to soceity and the tough decisiosn that leaders must make with competing priorities?
Is it just more lazy virtue signalling because the candidate is not left/pro-gaza/whatever enough for the poster?

We'll never know. Because it's a just a post of a tweet. Which is super helpful, as ever.

You don't have a problem with people posting tweets without commentary, so you can drop the act.

If it was Trump, or any Republican, who tried to use slave labor, then you would be up in arms about it and you would be using it as one of the examples of how it's imperative to vote them out. But, because it was a Democrat who did it, you don't care. You, and one or two others here, are completely morally blind. There is nothing you wouldn't excuse or laugh away as irrelevant, and you would call the exact same thing fascism and the end of society, only depending on if the letter behind someone's name is (D) or (R).

This is a clear cut proposal of slave labor. There is a discussion to be had about prison labor generally, where it can range from a rehabilitary effort to keep some amount of normalcy in prison and getting people ready for a life on the outside on one end, to pure exploitation on the other. But, wanting to keep people in prison so that they can be used for labor, that is just slavery. Your response to that is sarcasm, ridicule, and terms like "virtue signaling", "tough decisions" and "competing priorities".

It's completely bankrupt, one of the most disgusting things I've seen on redcafe, and almost devoid of humanity. It's insane.

It’s fake, I should’ve clarified in the original post, thought the ‘Karmal Aroush’ and ‘royal satanic army’ would be self evident of a parody. Just found it really funny because this is an old meme on Twitch that has now found its way into political discourse.
It's hard to tell these days :lol:

Trump raises questions about participating in ABC debate: ‘Stay tuned’

Former President Trump on Sunday raised questions about his participation in next month’s debate with Vice President Harris hosted by ABC News.

Trump, in a post on Truth Social, complained about the network’s panel and an interview host Jonathan Karl conducted with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) on “This Week” to question why he should agree to do a debate hosted by the network.

“I watched ABC FAKE NEWS this morning, both lightweight reporter Jonathan Carl’s(K?) ridiculous and biased interview of Tom Cotton (who was fantastic!), and their so-called Panel of Trump Haters, and I ask, why would I do the Debate against Kamala Harris on that network?” Trump wrote.
Laying the groundwork to backout at anytime.

A Fox News host's debunked election conspiracy appears to have prompted a state investigation

Officials in a North Texas county debunked claims made by a Fox News host that migrants were registering to vote outside a state drivers license facility west of Fort Worth — an unsubstantiated claim that appeared to spark an investigation by Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office.

Both the Parker County Republican chair and election administrator said there was no evidence to support the Aug. 18 social media post made by television personality Maria Bartiromo, who previously promoted conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

Paxton’s office announced it was opening an investigation into “reports that organizations operating in Texas may be unlawfully registering noncitizens to vote” Wednesday.
There is no evidence that large numbers of noncitizens vote or are registered to vote. A 2019 attempt by the state to scour voting rolls for noncitizens was abandoned after it jeopardized legitimate voter registrations and prompted three federal lawsuits.

Gabriel Rosales, Texas state director for the League of United Latin American Citizens, said he viewed Paxton’s investigation as an act of intimidation to keep Hispanic voters from voting, adding there was nothing wrong with people providing voter registration assistance outside of drivers license offices.

"I don't think it violates anything by having them out there," Rosales said. Republicans " see the writing on the wall,” he said. “They know that if the Hispanic vote comes out, they lose.”

Last edited:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adamserwer/some-lawyers-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn

Harris, a rising star in the Democratic Party, said she learned about the argument when she read it in the paper.

"I will be very candid with you, because I saw that article this morning, and I was shocked, and I'm looking into it to see if the way it was characterized in the paper is actually how it occurred in court," Harris told BuzzFeed News in an interview Monday. "I was very troubled by what I read. I just need to find out what did we actually say in court."
The book probably points out her denial and the realities of the AG system on the next page.

How do you "play up" being what you are? I am black anything I do or say I am still Black. A bi racial person is bi racial period.
This .
Also re "Heels up Harris", if a man screws around he's a stud but if a woman does it she's a slut.

You don't have a problem with people posting tweets without commentary, so you can drop the act.

If it was Trump, or any Republican, who tried to use slave labor, then you would be up in arms about it and you would be using it as one of the examples of how it's imperative to vote them out. But, because it was a Democrat who did it, you don't care. You, and one or two others here, are completely morally blind. There is nothing you wouldn't excuse or laugh away as irrelevant, and you would call the exact same thing fascism and the end of society, only depending on if the letter behind someone's name is (D) or (R).

This is a clear cut proposal of slave labor. There is a discussion to be had about prison labor generally, where it can range from a rehabilitary effort to keep some amount of normalcy in prison and getting people ready for a life on the outside on one end, to pure exploitation on the other. But, wanting to keep people in prison so that they can be used for labor, that is just slavery. Your response to that is sarcasm, ridicule, and terms like "virtue signaling", "tough decisions" and "competing priorities".

It's completely bankrupt, one of the most disgusting things I've seen on redcafe, and almost devoid of humanity. It's insane.
If that poster was positing that this was Harris' position as a presidential candidate, that would indeed be a worthwhile thing to bring up. Personally, I'd prefer the poster just say it, rather than tweet a random paragraph from a random book from a randon Twitter user. And the reason is the same as the poster two days ago that posted a Tweet from a Twitter user claiming she had been booted out of the DNC for wearing a Free Gaza shirt. When a cursory investigation into the facts, showed none of that was true at all.

This is why I don't understand just randomly pasting a Tweet in a thread. That's my point.

This particular story is indeed horrible. And it's also true that lawyers from the California's DA office listed this - among other reasons - as potential points to stop the release of certain inmates. Further, this was immediately shutdown by the three-judge panel who thought - like all sensible people - that it was disgusting. And you know who else thought it was horrible? The California DA at the time, one Kamala Harris, who claims she only learned of it from the news article. This was re-articulated in 2019 when it was re-surfaced as an attack on her. For reference, the California DA employs over 5,000 people (LA's has almost 1,000 alone) and brings thousands of cases to court each year.

If it turns out that Harris had in any way pushed this line of argument, I would indeed think less of her. But there is literally no evidence to suggest this. None. And the author re-tweeted is using language very carefully, to insinuate that it was at her direction.

Maybe the original poster will correct me, but I would assume that putting the Tweet in this thread was not to discuss the merits and horrors of that argument. It feels to me like a swipe at Harris. But I don't know. Because it's just a tweet.

I am quite obviously against keeping inmates due to be released as inmates becuase of budgetary reasons. Everyone human being should be against that. It is obvious.
I'm also generally against re-posting Tweets with no verification or context for the reasons above. There are obvious exceptions - showing what DJT is literally Truthing feels fine, as does reporting of poll numbers.

But Twitter is a cesspool. It's filled with the most extreme positions on both sides, and populated by people who want clout more than they care about the truth. And so much of it just ends up being garbage. So no, I don't see the value in this case.

Last edited: