2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I realize that I am a bit behind enemy lines now, but I didn't envision a convo at the sports bar with a family that Michelle Obama isn't a man. The 12ish y/o daughter is the most vocal one that she is a dude.

I realize that I am a bit behind enemy lines now, but I didn't envision a convo at the sports bar with a family that Michelle Obama isn't a man. The 12ish y/o daughter is the most vocal one that she is a dude.

That's a pretty common trope among right wingers. As is "heels up Harris", a suggestion that Harris slept her way to the top of CA politics by shagging (among others) Willie Brown and Montel Williams.

That's a pretty common trope among right wingers. As is "heels up Harris", a suggestion that Harris slept her way to the top of CA politics by shagging (among others) Willie Brown and Montel Williams.
No doubt, just didn't expect a prepubescent female to be the most strident articulator that she is a he.

If Cuomo hadn't been kicked out of CNN, he would have been thrilled to be in one of those boxes.

As he said, his channel could've afforded one as well. The broader point is that the party claim to be for the middle class and yet its all still little more than a pay to play game among wealthy elites.

As he said, his channel could've afforded one as well. The broader point is that the party claim to be for the middle class and yet its all still little more than a pay to play game among wealthy elites.
That's hardly a novel point or discovery of any kind. I just find it funny that Cuomo has suddenly found his anti-establishment streak after being discarded by the establishment.

Well that one has a basis in reality. Harris was sleeping with Brown when she was 29 and a new assistant DA and Willie Brown was 60 and a political power broker at the time.

What is much crazier is when even black people say Harris was never black before this year and only ever claimed to be Indian.

You have to wonder who exactly is making these policy decisions given that Biden is still president and Harris has barely announced any of her own policies in any degree of detail.
Harris “policy platform” so far is very strange. Sometimes it’s pro crypto but also anti big monopolies. Right wing Trump 2016 era immigration policy with now seemingly also pro death penalty. But it’s all sold using yoga body positivity marketing.

The level of discourse that has been normalized by Trump is staggering. Nothing is off limits now it seems.

Well that one has a basis in reality. Harris was sleeping with Brown when she was 29 and a new assistant DA and Willie Brown was 60 and a political power broker at the time.

What is much crazier is when even black people say Harris was never black before this year and only ever claimed to be Indian.

Yeah, she has a track record of using various parts of her background to her advantage when it suits her. She found it convenient to play up being half Jamaican when Charlemagne asked her about weed.

Only to get blowback about it when juxtaposed against her DA record for having prosecuted over 1900 weed cases.

She was then publicly admonished by her own father for the comment, which given his absence from the DNC this week, may have caused them to become estranged.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/kamala-harris-father-pot-1176805

Last edited:
How do you "play up" being what you are? I am black anything I do or say I am still Black. A bi racial person is bi racial period.

Barely a day after he dropped out and endorsed Trump, we can make conclusions already?

I was less talking about RFK and more about the weekly polling average, which is trending towards Harris over the past two days, probably factoring in a bit of the convention hype at this point.

FFS :lol:

I listened to most of his speech about his withdrawal and endorsement of Trump yesterday, and more than anything else he just comes across as an enormous narcissist. It will all about his personal grievances (he was being censored, he was being attacked, etc.), as well as his personal ambition. At one point he said he is 70 now so that leaves him maybe with 10 years to be effective, which is unintentionally hilarious, because the cut-off he sets for himself would fall less than half-way into a second term for Trump.

It was crystal clear that the only reason he clings to Trump's candidacy now is because Trump has made him some promises (probably false ones), which Harris wouldn't do. And the only reason Trump did that, is because he sees some utility in his endorsement. You need about three braincells to see that the supposed most political goals fits better with Harris' agenda, with the possible exception of stopping the Ukraine war on Russia's terms.

Just remembered that there was an actual assassination attempt on Trump.

Yet it seems like it has had no impact on anyone a month later. Bit wild. I guess it just fell into the massive pile of "stuff going on with Trump", same way the insurrection, being a convicted felon, lying all the time, etc." has.

Yet it seems like it has had no impact on anyone a month later. Bit wild. I guess it just fell into the massive pile of "stuff going on with Trump", same way the insurrection, being a convicted felon, lying all the time, etc." has.
Maybe the one upside of him being made of teflon, good stuff (for his numbers) also doesn't stick

Maybe the one upside of him being made of teflon, good stuff (for his numbers) also doesn't stick

Yup.

Also, it would seem like he wasted the opportunity to harness any sympathy among others than his own people. If he had pulled himself together and managed to pretend like he suddenly was this great unifier then we could really have been in trouble.

Yup.

Also, it would seem like he wasted the opportunity to harness any sympathy among others than his own people. If he had pulled himself together and managed to pretend like he suddenly was this great unifier then we could really have been in trouble.
He doesn't have the self awareness, humility, or the humanity to actually understand how to harness it. He's too vapid.

It might have been slightly different if it was either a die-hard online leftie, or an immigrant who did it. But sadly for Trump, it was just another sad case of mental illness, that could just as well have shot up a school or a mall.

Deep state, drain the swamp, "they want you, I'm standing in their way" etc.

Gen X would be the people who were born in the 60s and 70s, so post-boomers and pre-Millenials?

Gen X would be the people who were born in the 60s and 70s, so post-boomers and pre-Millenials?

For those who don't do Tweets

Gen Z 1997 – 2012 ages - 12 – 27
Millennials 1981 – 1996 ages - 28 – 43
Gen X 1965 – 1980 ages - 44 – 59
Boomers II (a/k/a Generation Jones)* 1955 – 1964 ages - 60 – 69

Yeah, most haven’t heard about it… but they probably heard everything else. Interesting, but I don’t buy it.

Not saying that Harris shouldn’t talk about this. She should. But, I just don’t buy the idea that most swing, undecided voters, haven’t heard about something that was on TV and other media outlets, featured in Trump’s impeachment, etc. And no, I’m not interested in the argument that “Americans are busy with their lives, and so they didn’t hear this” while hearing the rest.

Last edited:
Remember when Trump's SC candidates testified under oath that Roe was settled law? Good times.