2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I think most of his supporters will not vote at all.

RFK Jr endorsing Trump, helps Trump and hurts Kamala, its just logical.

This cancels the momentum the democrats had out of the convention, RFK Jr is just another traitor, so it is what it is.

Nothing we can do about RFK so just have to get on with it. What a weird, weird man though. The thing that kills me with that - his little ego-driven campaign probably cost 20m. Just lit on fire. F*ck sake.

. I definitely prefer somebody like Bush in the oval office to a lunatic and ticking timebomb like Trump.
you prefer a neocon who started 2 wars, violated civil liberties with the Patriot Act and presided over the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression?

Trump is bad but the rehabilitation of W is mind boggling, people truly have the memory of gold fishes.

RFK Jr endorsing Trump, helps Trump and hurts Kamala, its just logical.

This cancels the momentum the democrats had out of the convention, RFK Jr is just another traitor, so it is what it is.
Harris becoming the Democratic candidate cut RFKs support in half so the logic you mention seems suspect.

What is logical is the notion that a Kennedy will garner more support from Democrats than Republicans. As mentioned, most of those who remained under his tent will be more likely to not vote at all rather than vote for Trump if they are not swayed by Harris.

His exit will be a bigger nothing burger than his candidacy.

She absolutely killed the argument on Israel and Palestine. Whoever wrote that part of the speech deserves a brown paper bag of money, a gram of coke and a hooker
I would have left out the parts about sexual assault considering the whole rape apologists thing that happened recently in Israel regarding their prisoners.

Every percentage matters, he still had like 4% of the national vote, if he convinces that extra 1% to go with Trump, could be all the difference.
It depends where his support is concentrated. If it's in reliable red states then who cares. If it's in reliable blue states, who cares. If it's in swing states then it could be a potential problem for Harris. We'll know in a week or so.

Harris becoming the Democratic candidate cut RFKs support in half so the logic you mention seems suspect.

What is logical is the notion that a Kennedy will garner more support from Democrats than Republicans. As mentioned, most of those who remained under his tent will be more likely to not vote at all rather than vote for Trump if they are not swayed by Harris.

Yeah, it's on Harris to win those people over to vote for her rather than having them not vote or vote for a different third party candidate. Doubt most of them want to vote for Trump.

It depends where his support is concentrated. If it's in reliable red states then who cares. If it's in reliable blue states, who cares. If it's in swing states then it could be a potential problem for Harris. We'll know in a week or so.

Looking at things logically, and from what I have seen around the internet (not an expert at all) the vast majority of those who I saw back Kennedy were Republicans disillusioned with Trump, those who were smart enough or had learned enough to not vote for Trump again. Those Republicans who want better from their party and leader and are disgusted by the constant controversy and shameful cloud he brings, the lies, court cases, constant attacks on veterans and the military. Recently Trump's acceptance of a £100 million cheque from Miriam Adelson and her comments on wanting the Gaza.Strip annexed and no two state solution for Palestine... There's lots of Republicans out there that actually do stand by and live by their morals and won't back Trump. That being said, they won't necessarily vote Democrat either, probably just not vote at all.

Then there are the antivax crowd who supported Kennedy because of his stance but that won't vote Trump because he promoted the vaccine rollout, and still takes credit for it.

I agree we will know more next week, and yes:, any Trump gain isn't a good thing, but I'm not so sure it will be as bad as many are predicting. It could benefit Harris as she may gain more moderates or independents who just don't want to see Trump back in office again. It's really just speculation at this point though. We really should just wait a week or so to see how significant his stepping down and subsequent Trump endorsement actually is.

Nothing we can do about RFK so just have to get on with it. What a weird, weird man though. The thing that kills me with that - his little ego-driven campaign probably cost 20m. Just lit on fire. F*ck sake.

His campaign was basically a curb episode

It varies from state to state. He's doing better in AZ than in most other swing states, but is at about 4% in many others. I doubt many of his voters are RFK true believers as much as people who didn't care for the other two and wanted a third option they could get behind. Given that RFK leans towards factually challenged conspiracy theories, I would imagine Trump will be the main beneficiary of RFK voters who do decide to vote for someone else, especially if RFK continues to campaign on Trump's behalf.

Are there many republican Kennedys?
This. My thought was that this entire run has been given both funding and credence by Republican influence and strategists as it was perceived that a Kennedy would draw support from the fringes of a Democratic ticket, not something they expected to leech from a Trump campaign.

I believe that the ideal strategy would have been to have him run through to ballot day but as it's become clear his influence in the race was waning fast this has become a case of making the best of a bad situation.

I don't think it's necessarily a huge conspiracy, just he is a vainglorious, absent man who would be fairly easily flattered into believing he stood a chance and then resentful at the snub he would receive from the Dem's.

Good watch. It's so easy to label Trump voters everything from dumb to bigoted, but in the end are there really +70 million truly bad people in America? More than anything else, they are brainwashed. But the question posed in the end is correct, and a little scary. How can you even begin to unwind this situation, when there isn't even a shared set of facts that can be argued?

a99c9c20-6191-11ef-ae59-75c627a83b96.jpg.webp

I mean surely you'd just vote the opposite of whatever this man told you?

Good watch. It's so easy to label Trump voters everything from dumb to bigoted, but in the end are there really +70 million truly bad people in America? More than anything else, they are brainwashed. But the question posed in the end is correct, and a little scary. How can you even begin to unwind this situation, when there isn't even a shared set of facts that can be argued?

Well it’s like a post I made earlier about a friend of mine who’s MAGAfied to the max.

I try to have open discussions about things and it’s all Deep State this or Democrat Cabal that or Commie-Kamala or Trump saving humanity.

I try to get even the most simple, yes/no answer out of him, like ‘Did Trump cheat on his 3 wives?’ And I get a diatribe about how the media, judges etc are all out to break him because they fear him so much.

There is just no ‘anchor’ to reality with which you can discuss…anything.

100% this
You mean the man who started two wars which ended up in:

- killing millions
- destroying three countries
- completely destabilizing the Middle-East
- giving birth to ISIS
- generating an unprecedented wave of deadly terrorist attacks across Europe
- causing one of the biggest migration waves in human History
- being one of the main catalysts of the enormous rise of the far-right across the world

That man?

Last edited:

I just don't think anyone knows that.

Take Michigan, his polling average has dropped from 6.7% to 4.6% in the last month....

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/michigan/

That coincides with Harris becoming the nominee, so it is safe to assume that Harris has already taken a good chunk of the "anti Biden" voters.
So the question is, how much of his 4.6% are left for Harris to take?

I don't think anyone knows % the makeup of the RFK coalition.
Some of them will be anti vaxers, some environmentalists, some just haters of both parties.

Either way, of that 4.6% that may be left in MI, then I think it is safe to assume that Trump will take the greater slice now.

The issue I see though is that if Trump let's RFK campaign with him, then there could be some "Haley Republicans" who move away from Trump because they are put off by some of RFKs whack ideas. And it gives the Harris campaign someone else to attack.

Overall though, this has got to be seen as a boost for Trump.

I try to get even the most simple, yes/no answer out of him, like ‘Did Trump cheat on his 3 wives?’ And I get a diatribe about how the media, judges etc are all out to break him because they fear him so much.

Because it's impossible to have an open and honest conversation with them for many reasons. One is because they don't like the answers they should give if deep down they know the truth. They won't admit to hypocrisy or being brainwashed as it makes their whole reality fall apart. Trump has built their reality on their fears, added many more and caused so much distrust in politicians, the democrats, the media, and anyone opposing his views or the so called American way of life. He's also fed on the distrust that was already tnere.

He's mastered the art of deflection or changing the narrative, saying something while actually saying absolutely nothing at the same time. They mimic his arguments, excuses and techniques.

Another reason is Trump is like the biggest Scouser on the planet. Or the fake blonde Balotelli. He's always the victim, it's never his fault, he's always attacked, singled out, picked on, victimised. He plays this big strong type, god like to some, yet he's really just a little bitch that uses his support and supporters to get sympathy for himself despite the fact 9 times out of 10 he's guilty of what he's being accused of.

As Obama said recently, there are now two realities. Like wiith the spread of anti Vaxers and conspiracy theorists, these beliefs crate a comfort and sense of belonging, being in the know, important, Trump feeds off all of this and all the whole uses it to create division. It's always us v them. Never two differing opinions each can respect or discuss. Now it's just if you're not with us, you're against us and it's fecking scary. It's like the tribalism that is seen in football around the world all fueled by the likes of Trump,. Netanyahu, Musk the media to a certain extent and definitely social media.

Again I think it's so fecking scary and I honestly don't know what the answer is.

She absolutely killed the argument on Israel and Palestine. Whoever wrote that part of the speech deserves a brown paper bag of money, a gram of coke and a hooker
She absolutely didn't and the fact that she silenced the pro-Palestine voices at the DNC, not even giving them 5 minutes, tells you everything you need to know.

It was the usual nebulous and meaningless word salad we've been hearing from the US for decades, and her stance on Iran is as stupid and short-sighted as Trump's.

She's utterly pro-Israel and anyone expecting a major shift in policy in the Middle-East, if any, with her as President is delusional. Not that the alternative is better, mind.

Last edited:
I just watched Gov. Roy Cooper on CNN. It seems to me that he’s a guy that Harris wants to send to campaign for her, not just in NC, but also elsewhere. He knows her well, he’s a Southerner, knows how to choose his words, moderate, etc.

Well it’s like a post I made earlier about a friend of mine who’s MAGAfied to the max.

I try to have open discussions about things and it’s all Deep State this or Democrat Cabal that or Commie-Kamala or Trump saving humanity.

Literally just got off facebook where the exact same thing happened. The alternate facts were bizarre, to say the least. One person was claiming Harris was for "open borders and allowing illegal immigrants to vote". I mean, where do you even start? Thank you, Facebook and social media.

I just watched Gov. Roy Cooper on CNN. It seems to me that he’s a guy that Harris wants to send to campaign for her, not just in NC, but also elsewhere. He knows her well, he’s a Southerner, knows how to choose his words, moderate, etc.
He’s also just a good dude. My mom came out of retirement to be part of a really important project (mental health for kids in disadvantaged communities) and he has been an absolute ally in the work. She raves about him constantly.

She's so good at interacting with teens and younger. Every video with them she knocks it out of the park.

Are people still falling out with family members over politics? I suppose I can see some situations where it makes sense but in most cases surely people should just get a grip. As they should when families are split down religious or even cultural lines.

Spouting conspiracy nonsense or sticking 600 stickers on your car though, take them off the will and chain them in the basement. It's for their own good.