2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Billy boy must haven a bit jealous of Hilary as he apparently went waayyyyyy over his time. Looks like Coach is going to pushed late into the night. Thank Bill.

Was poor. And as is Nancy, so glad it was short. There has been way too many speakers on each night so far. I mean, do we need to hear from Lateefah Simon?

I guess its a positive that The Democrats actually have former Presidents or Vice President that actually want to attend the party conference.

I agree. Its unknowable.

The biggest factor, imo, was the Clinton campaign underestimating the white working class vote for Trump in PA, WI and MI. She never even went to WI.
Yes. WI was a big failure on her part. She was overconfident about it because it voted consistently for the Democrats.

But she also lost states where she campaigned a lot.

I mean, do we need to hear from Lateefah Simon?
No, we don’t. But they’re trying to bring as many people who know her as possible.

Walz should speak before it’s too late here on the East Coast. The focus should be on him tonight.

Yes. WI was a big failure on her part. She was overconfident about it because it voted consistently for the Democrats. The same applies to PA and MI.

But she also lost states where she campaigned a lot.
People just loved to bring up WI while ignoring how she got walloped in Ohio and Iowa despite practically living there for 2 years.

The truth of the matter is white working class men without a college degree in those Midwestern states just really didn’t like her. They didn’t like Biden much either, but the extra 5% he got in 2020 with that group pushed him over the line.

No, we don’t. But they’re trying to bring as many people who know her as possible.

Walz should speak before it’s too late here on the East Coast.

We know it already though. Yes, she took on the banks, transnational gangs, kiddy fiddlers.

The Dems think its a club line up. You don't need to put the headliner on late into the night. Were not on MDMA on a Wednesday night - not yet anyway!

People just loved to bring up WI while ignoring how she got walloped in Ohio and Iowa despite practically living there for 2 years.

The truth of the matter is white working class men without a college degree in those Midwestern states just really didn’t like her. They didn’t like Biden much either, but the extra 5% he got in 2020 with that group pushed him over the line.
Yeah. These voters are squarely behind Trump. The question is whether we can cut a bit the margins there while continuing to gain in the suburbs and run up the score in the cities.

Plus we saw how terrible Trump was, especially in mishandling COVID.

Shapiro has too much main character energy to be VP. White Obama vibes in the way he speaks.
Besides the voice, he can only dream of being half as charismatic as Obama. Guy gives off very try hard energy.

I haven’t seen Newsom stump but the 80s era Wall Street greaseball hairstyle aside, he’s easily the more polished politician.

Pretty much. That’s not good enough to win in 2024. It’s not 2008 anymore.

He would've completely overshadowed Harris if he was VP, which is probably among the reasons he wasn't selected.. She's an ok public speaker, but not anywhere near an Obama level.

Besides the voice, he can only dream of being half as charismatic as Obama. Guy gives off very try hard energy.

I haven’t seen Newsom stump but the 80s era Wall Street greaseball hairstyle aside, he’s easily the more polished politician.
Yeah. Shapiro electrified the crowd, but he’s no where near Newsom. Not ready to be president in my view.

Shapiro was ok, but a bit disappointing that half of that speech was a repeat from his speech from a few weeks ago. That was off the cuff and way more effective. This seemed meh by his standards.

Has anybody told him that it doesn’t help his case doing this?

Jeb’s on it
200w.gif

Here's Pete. He needed this spotlight. I like the relatable family aspect of his speech.