2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Yeah I noticed that. I think much of the progressive movement has been subsumed into the party at this point. A lot of what Sanders was selling has been picked up by the likes of Harris and others and AOC is drifting towards the center.
Pretty much.

The party looks very united at this point, unlike in 2016 (and to a lesser degree in 2020).

AOC has indeed moved to the center. She’s a more much mature politician.

Bernie spoke for too long and included a lot of policy. That's just what he does. Better to pick a few main points and hammer them home, like medicare for all.

They are so lost that they are bringing up the Obama Birth Certificate stuff again. :lol:
Watters went on to claim that Obama will be pulling the strings in Democratic Party politics for the next quarter century.

“He’s definitely gonna interfere in this election,” he said. “That’s why we’ll be sending [my producer] Johnny to Hawaii to get the truth about the birth certificate. This time we will dig deep and find out what really happened.”

“You should tell Johnny that he needs to get a passport,” Gutfeld replied.

“To go to Kenya,” Watters responded.

“No, I meant to Hawaii just to see him do it,” Gutfeld said. “Ask him what the exchange rate is for the Hawaiian dollar.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-co-...rtificate-well-find-out-what-really-happened/

This crowd is not good. They pay attention only to the biggest names. I didn’t like that yesterday and I don’t like it tonight. Low energy in expectation for the big hitters.

I know, it’s a convention, but still.

Our Maryland nominee for the U.S. Senate is delivering a decent speech.

The mayor of Mesa, AZ should be part of a future Harris administration.

This crowd is not good. They pay attention only to the biggest names. I didn’t like that yesterday and I don’t like it tonight. Low energy in expectation for the big hitters.

I was listening to a podcast today where they mentioned that the noise coming though the TV is muted versus what’s happening on the floor. Not sure if true, but I agree with you there seems to be way to much silence in spots, so maybe?

Is this your first convention?

Is this your first convention?
Not at all. I don’t recall prime time speeches being like this, but the last time we had such a convention was in 2016, and so maybe my memory is not serving me well.

I was listening to a podcast today where they mentioned that the noise coming though the TV is muted versus what’s happening on the floor. Not sure if true, but I agree with you there seems to be way to much silence in spots, so maybe?
I think that part of this is that they wait for the “real event”… Emhoff and the Obama’s, for example. But it’s killing big stretches of the evening.

I also believe that the TVs are playing a role: there is less noise on CNN than on MSNBC.

Last edited:
Not at all. I don’t recall prime time speeches being like this, but the last time we had such a convention was in 2016, and so maybe my memory is not serving me well.

I think that part of this is that they wait for the “real event”… Emhoff and the Obama’s, for example. But it’s killing big stretches of the evening.

I also believe that the TVs are playing a role: there is less noise on CNN than on MSNBC.
We're just now getting to the prime time speeches with Emhoff.

It’s hard to keep up the energy for 6-7 hours straight without some meths.

Should have run this year.
giphy.webp

By far the most polished speaker so far this week. She might hate politics, but she’s damn good at it.

How are they both this good at public speaking? I swear I hear someone speak and I think “they spoke very well” and then an Obama speaks and I wonder are there good speakers or are there just Obamas and everyone else. Is there a lectern in every room in their house or something?

By far the most polished speaker so far this week. She might hate politics, but she’s damn good at it.
She’s not just here to tell us what we want to hear (“Harris is great, Walz is great, Trump is bad”), but what we also NEED to hear.

Last edited:
How are they both this good at public speaking? I swear I hear someone speak and I think “they spoke very well” and then an Obama speaks and I wonder are there good speakers or are there just Obamas and everyone else. Is there a lectern in every room in their house or something?
Best political orator I've seen followed by Clinton & Reagan.

Jesus, Harris flew in an Osprey today.

Potentially more at risk than Trump was a few weeks back.

When Obama referenced Trump’s “weird obsession with crowd size” he really looked like he was making a dick size gesture with his hands

Obama's speech reminds me why Trump coming right after him was one of the most shocking things of that year. It was unbelievable that US would go from a guy who walks and talks like that to Trump.