2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Not bad for Tester, he beat Rosendale last time, so he should have a decent shot at doing it again, Sheehy is likely a tougher opponent.

Christie has unfortunately long become one of the GOPs moderate voices. Considering the guy probably should have been in jail a long time ago that's saying a lot and very little. But hey I'd vote for the guy 10 times over a DeSantis.

He's a saint compared to DeSantis and Trump, but in the Trump GOP he doesn't stand a chance. It's hard to see the road out of Trumpism given they're quite likely to give Trump a third chance when he's one of the few one-term losers (and got fewer votes than his opponent to win that one term). What's it going to take for the GOP to moderate themselves? Right now they see defeat as a reason to further radicalize, not moderate.

Why do people like her run for President? Does she genuinely think she has a chance (she doesn’t), or is this to position herself for a job in media or the administration?

Surely she can figure out that she isn’t going to be elected president.

Why do people like her run for President? Does she genuinely think she has a chance (she doesn’t), or is this to position herself for a job in media or the administration?

Guaranteed adoration from some, a wikipedia entry and endless money being thrown at you for appearing at things just because you ran for POTUS? In other words..completely selfish reasons.

I absolutely loathe that type of statement she s using too. There are so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to start. And wasting any more breath on Nikki Haley is not worth the effort.

The candidates running who don't spend much time criticizing Trump are probably in it to position themselves as VP selections for Trump. Obviously the likes of Christie, Hutchinson and a few others who criticize Trump all the time wouldn't be in the mix, but the likes of Haley, Tim Scott, and maybe even DeSantis may be. (Despite Trump and DeSantis being at odds now, the latter is pretty aligned with Trump on MAGA related issues, and if he can't win the nomination, would probably jump at the chance of being VP on a Trump ticket). I think Trump may be incentivized to go with a diversity candidate in a cynical attempt to recover some of the independent voters he has lost since the insurrection.

The candidates running who don't spend much time criticizing Trump are probably in it to position themselves as VP selections for Trump. Obviously the likes of Christie, Hutchinson and a few others who criticize Trump all the time wouldn't be in the mix, but the likes of Haley, Tim Scott, and maybe even DeSantis may be. (Despite Trump and DeSantis being at odds now, the latter is pretty aligned with Trump on MAGA related issues, and if he can't win the nomination, would probably jump at the chance of being VP on a Trump ticket). I think Trump may be incentivized to go with a diversity candidate in a cynical attempt to recover some of the independent voters he has lost since the insurrection.
I think trump will pick the worst possible candidate as his running mate. Like MTG or Kari Lake.
That way, he'll hope it'll put people off from impeaching him if the alternative for president is one of those idiots above.
Obviously this all depends on him getting re-elected.

I absolutely loathe that type of statement she s using too. There are so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to start. And wasting any more breath on Nikki Haley is not worth the effort.

It’s just really stupid. Yeah, life was simpler as a kid - go figure.

I think trump will pick the worst possible candidate as his running mate. Like MTG or Kari Lake.
That way, he'll hope it'll put people off from impeaching him if the alternative for president is one of those idiots above.
Obviously this all depends on him getting re-elected.

He could, but neither would help him on independents, without which he would almost certainly lose the election. MTG is a fringe extremist who would turn indepndents off, and Kari Lake, despite looking like a local anchor woman (which is more or less all she is), is a very unlikeable candidate who can't seem to stop lying, which is something Trump won't need since he lies enough by himself. He would therefore be incentivized to go for a generic candidate in the Pence mold or a diversity candidate like Tim Scott or Haley.

He could, but neither would help him on independents, without which he would almost certainly lose the election. MTG is a fringe extremist who would turn indepndents off, and Kari Lake, despite looking like a local anchor woman (which is more or less all she is), is a very unlikeable candidate who can't seem to stop lying, which is something Trump won't need since he lies enough by himself. He would therefore be incentivized to go for a generic candidate in the Pence mold or a diversity candidate like Tim Scott or Haley.
I don't think he plans to play by the rules anyway.
There will likely be widespread voter suppression from the GOP.
Crazy he's allowed to run as is.

Just feck off, Donald.

My 2 cents: clerics (from any Christian confession) who support this shit in the US deserve to get a proper slap or even a spit in the face on the same level that pro-regime clerics in Iran have got some from the angry Iraninan youth over the last few months.

Last edited:
Just feck off, Donald.

My 2 cents: clerics (from any Christian confession) who support this shit in the US deserve to get a proper slap or even a spit in the face on the same level that pro-regime clerics in Iran have got some from the angry Iraninan youth over the last few months.

They don't follow the teachings of Jesus though, so they invented a new version of him instead, Supply-Side Jesus, religion can be anything you want it to be.

He’s slightly palatable these days…

This is only more palatable because of the outcome. Does he think the same about vaccines, schooling, guns (governments decision vs. parents?).

Back in the pre Trump days when he was NJ governor I actually had hope that he would return the GOP to "sensible conservatism" after the years of Bush "stupid GOP". Then he cancelled the gateway project (Hudson tunnels) for similarly idiotic reasons as to why Desantis is targeting Disney before becoming a Trumpeteer (with the required lack of self respect).

Was looking at the senate map for 2026, its not a bad map, but i dont understand why its to be viewed as a great map for dems either

North Carolina is a possible pick-up, but then, its not like dems can't lose any seats either, looking at Georgia.

Unless some of the incumbent senators retiring, i doubt you will see more than a 1-seat shift either direction, and yet this is supposedly a "great" map for democrats, which says a lot about how bad the senate itself is for them.

Now, obviously things can change in 3 years, but just looking at what i see now, i suppose.

Last edited:
Was looking at the senate map for 2026, its not a bad map, but i dont understand why its to be viewed as a great map for dems either

North Carolina is a possible pick-up, but then, its not like dems can't lose any seats either, looking at Georgia.

Unless some of the incumbent senators retiring, i doubt you will see more than a 1-seat shift either direction, and yet this is supposedly a "great" map for democrats, which says a lot about how bad the senate itself is for them.

Now, obviously things can change in 3 years, but just looking at what i see now, i suppose.
I don't think anyone is saying the 2024 Senate map is good for Democrats, in fact it's fairly poor

West Virginia the Democrats will probably lose and Manchin isn't a true Democrat anyway

Montana, Arizona, Nevada are all states that are fairly close and could go either way

Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania are less close

I don't think anyone is saying the 2024 Senate map is good for Democrats, in fact it's fairly poor

West Virginia the Democrats will probably lose and Manchin isn't a true Democrat anyway

Montana, Arizona, Nevada are all states that are fairly close and could go either way

Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania are less close

I was talking about 2026, actually, easy to misunderstand.