2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I'd have thought given his anti-vax stance he'd be more attractive to the MAGA crowd then Dems

It is, which why the likes of Bannon like him and support him so much. They think at a minimum he will be an annoying disruptor to the Dems, at most a viable candidate or worse, a viable independent who siphons votes from Biden in the Gen.

He said continental. In the end it all about the exceptions that you can make up
[/QUOTE ]!
True, so good job nothing went on in Hawaii or Alaska on his watch then!

How the feck. It's so messed up this asshole can just "punish" certain groups of people. Even Trump wasn't that malicious. Then again, what else can we expect from someone who worked at Guantanamo Bay. I have firmly believed for the last few years that the timing of the Trump legal battles would be such that it will ultimately help DeSantis. If Trump is out of the picture as someone who can actually run, DeSantis can now easily draw his supporters to him by dangling pardons etc out there as an incentive of sorts. Something that was allegedly already discussed before. This is the GOP dream scenario. Trump was a useful t/fool.

The only thing about Ronnie is: he may have a much harder time finding swing voters to like him with all his culture wars nonsense.

That last part is true. wRong has zero charisma, not remotely comparable to a supersized egotistical personality like Trump.

That will never pass, and he knows it. It’s inherently partisan, since the democrats get a much larger share of the votes in that age group.

If the GOP could combine this with a healthy dose of shutting down mail in voting, coupled with a hearty serving of another round of gerrymandering, it could be a winning solution to being outnumbered.

“They hunger for civic purpose, so let’s not let them vote…”

In what world did he think that made sense?

It's insane is what it is. The rest of the world is considering or experimenting with letting 16-year olds vote, and this reactionary wanker wants to pull it back to 25. That was the voting age in Norway when we first got our Constitution two hundred years ago. A hundred years ago they figured 25 was too high, so they started lowering it. And this guy thinks those guys were too progressive or something.

It's insane is what it is. The rest of the world is considering or experimenting with letting 16-year olds vote, and this reactionary wanker wants to pull it back to 25. That was the voting age in Norway when we first got our Constitution two hundred years ago. A hundred years ago they figured 25 was too high, so they started lowering it. And this guy thinks those guys were too progressive or something.
It's not insane from his perspective, he represents a party that relies on a shrinking voter base, the older age groups, that's why the GOP pushes policies that make it harder to vote, younger voters are less likely to vote if obstacles are put in their way and this is just an extension of that

It's not insane from his perspective, he represents a party that relies on a shrinking voter base, the older age groups, that's why the GOP pushes policies that make it harder to vote, younger voters are less likely to vote if obstacles are put in their way and this is just an extension of that

It's insane even from his perspective, because if they actually, genuinely tried to do it it would be the death of them as a political party. It's just not a vote-getter. But it's not a serious policy suggestion, it's just a non-serious politician trying to get some attention by saying really dumb shit so he can get a TV job.

It's insane even from his perspective, because if they actually, genuinely tried to do it it would be the death of them as a political party. It's just not a vote-getter. But it's not a serious policy suggestion, it's just a non-serious politician trying to get some attention by saying really dumb shit so he can get a TV job.
You'd think stopping black people from voting would be the death of them as a political party, but that's what they've been actively trying to do for a long time because, like young people, they tend to vote for the Dems

You'd think stopping black people from voting would be the death of them as a political party, but that's what they've been actively trying to do for a long time because, like young people, they tend to vote for the Dems

True, but that's "just" voter suppression. They get away with that because their voters are by and large not good people. It would still be different if they had tried to pass into law that black people didn't get to vote, full stop.

True, but that's "just" voter suppression. They get away with that because their voters are by and large not good people. It would still be different if they had tried to pass into law that black people didn't get to vote, full stop.
It would be illegal to do that obviously, but changing the voting age isn't, I'm actually surprised that some states haven't actually tried it TBH

Their base has always been that way, now they've sorted out guns and abortion rights they're moving on to the next target

Pretty sure their support, though slowly, has gone up over time, but now it appears they've gone straight backwards, perhaps this poll is an outlier, let us hope.

Pretty sure their support, though slowly, has gone up over time, but now it appears they've gone straight backwards, perhaps this poll is an outlier, let us hope.
It's not an outlier unfortunately, I just think it's come more out in the open because of the abortion/gun "wins"

It's not an outlier unfortunately, I just think it's come more out in the open because of the abortion/gun "wins"

Could be that, or that their "war" against trans-people is a subtle way to also attack gay people.

Could be that, or that their "war" against trans-people is a subtle way to also attack gay people.
Well if it's subtle then they failed at it in that respect, it's just an extension of it in my view

Forgot the " around subtle, so i didn't really mean it that way, in fact i messed it up, their "war" against trans people is something of an actual war.
It would be a war against gay people as well if they could make it one, but that would be illegal under current US law

If you to have to have a word or few describing you, i think you much rather have "old, incompetent" describing you rather than "criminal, dangerous", or "fascist, racist".

Its not high praise of Biden at all, but it beats the alternatives.