2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

It’s more the cognitive decline really rather than ageing. I suspect that is what he is referring to.

That’s ageing man :lol:

Does he have no grandparents? Has he never witnessed how long 8 years can be in the life of anyone over 70? Jeysus, as many people approach 80, a year can be long time.

Calling the difference between a 73 yr old man and an 81 yr old “astonishing” is hilarious, it’s as though it’s his first day on this planet.

Last edited:

Does he have no grandparents? Has he never witnessed how long 8 years can be in the life of anyone over 70? Jeysus, as many people approach 80, a year can be long time.

Calling the difference between a 73 yr old man and an 81 yr old “astonishing” is hilarious, it’s as though it’s his first day on this planet.
I agree. everyone is different, but I have seen that in close family members in less than 10 years. Others remains immutable. But astonishing is not correct at all

I agree. everyone is different, but I have seen that in close family members in less than 10 years. Others remains immutable. But astonishing is not correct at all

We had the wife’s grandma come out to us in Chamonix when we lived there, fly all by herself, went everywhere with us and her mind was still brilliant.
Within 5 years from that she’d ended up in a nursing home, needed constant help with everything and eventually passed.
Pretty normal turn of events.

We had the wife’s grandma come out to us in Chamonix when we lived there, fly all by herself, went everywhere with us and her mind was still brilliant.
Within 5 years from that she’d ended up in a nursing home, needed constant help with everything and eventually passed.
Pretty normal turn of events.
I wish it would be a warning. I prefer to die that decline too fast

Are most 80 year olds trying to run for president of the USA and attempting to convince the world that mentally they're as sharp as they've ever been?

Hopefully this forces all the octogenarian Democrats in Congress to retire too and only fair. Will be best to have fresh blood there.

Harris stands no chance without the open convention, I’ve been reading up on twitter around the way forward for democrats and this is a very common theme I came across among the Dem voters:

People want to see how she deals under huge amount of pressure before deciding.

No.

Not sure the point you’re making here though? I simply said there’s nothing “astonishing” about a man ageing cognitively from 73 to 81.

Yeah sure, if you're Doris or John and gracefully retired, trying to not fall over and having your children go your food shopping for you on a weekly basis.

It is slightly more shocking when you've got the current president of the USA,who until yesterday was still running again, all while he himself was trying to convince everyone that he was as mentally sharp as he's ever been.

Nobody would look at Carter and say his deterioration over the last 8 years has been shocking I'm sure.

Honestly can't believe it's taken this long and it should not be a coronation for Harris. I think she'd lose.

Harris stands no chance without the open convention, I’ve been reading up on twitter around the way forward for democrats and this is a very common theme I came across among the Dem voters:

People want to see how she deals under huge amount of pressure before deciding.

Before deciding whether or not to vote for her or for the guy who is a terrible business record (5 times bankrupt in eras where everyone else was raking it in), rapist with multiple ties to Epstein, felon, admirer of autocrats, someone which none of his previous cabinet members endorse, someone not running on any actual policy other than revenge and project 2025 behind the scenes. Yeah tough choice

Before deciding whether or not to vote for her or for the guy who is a terrible business record (5 times bankrupt in eras where everyone else was raking it in), rapist with multiple ties to Epstein, felon, admirer of autocrats, someone which none of his previous cabinet members endorse, someone not running on any actual policy other than revenge and project 2025 behind the scenes. Yeah tough choice

That post doesn't even suggest that they would vote for Trump?

That’s common sense obviously but if someone is less then enthusiastic about the alternative it’s gonna be tough to get them out to actually vote.

I can see why Trump may be getting a bit nervous. His entire reason for running this time was to use the Presidency to shield him from this federal criminal cases. If he loses, he won't have the ability to stop any of the cases against him once those that got thrown out last week get re-filed.
Yeah. He does seem a little rattled.

I suppose they have to realign their strategy too, which is massively Biden centric, and with little time to do so.

:lol:

Trump is basically immune from justice anyway, he won't have much to fear, should he lose this race.

That’s common sense obviously but if someone is less then enthusiastic about the alternative it’s gonna be tough to get them out to actually vote.
In that case they don't really care who wins and that's okay.

Just shouldn't pretend that they understand the dangers of Trump and would've totally participated in the election if only they'd seen some trial by combat before the VP became the presidential nominee.

In that case they don't really care who wins and that's okay.

Just shouldn't pretend that they understand the dangers of Trump and would've totally participated in the election if only they'd seen some trial by combat before the VP became the presidential nominee.

Is the responsibility to prevent this unique threat to democracy on the electorate or on the party putting forwards the opposing candidate?

There seems to be this weird disconnect on here,constantly blaming anyone who is appalled by either senior Democrats' electoral conduct or the DNC, while seemingly absolving those two groups.

It is the responsibility of politicians to put forward candidates who are actually electable. Especially if you are genuinely worried about a slide to fascism. If you're worried about a fascistic leader, you don't have a coronation for a candidate who from memory couldn't even get on the ballot in the primaries in 2020.

I wonder how long until Trump and co goes full birtherism 2.0 in this campaign.

Its kind of his thing, after all.

Yeah sure, if you're Doris or John and gracefully retired, trying to not fall over and having your children go your food shopping for you on a weekly basis.

It is slightly more shocking when you've got the current president of the USA,who until yesterday was still running again, all while he himself was trying to convince everyone that he was as mentally sharp as he's ever been.

Nobody would look at Carter and say his deterioration over the last 8 years has been shocking I'm sure.

Yeah, I’m still not sure what your point is here, you seem to be arguing with a basic fact of life.
I think we’re all in agreement that he shouldn’t have been running for Office this time.

All we need is Taylor Swift to endorse Kamala and it's over for The Donald.

The Maga birthers are going to come out to play now, obviously pushed on by Trump who has recent history with Obama and, more importantly this time round, Kamala.

Why don't Jill and other third party folks try to win state and local races instead?

Almost like this is a every 4 year grift or something....

Jill Stein, the least 'green' green politician I think I have ever come across. Complete wacko.

From what I can see Kamala should win this. People who were going to vote for Biden or Trump or not going to change their vote.

It will come down to the undecideds and I can't see why looking at the two candidates how any half sane person would pick a guy like Trump over Kamala.

Trump had a chance because people couldn't be sure Biden wasn't going senile. That doubt is gone.

As for Newsom who has always been my pick this is just terrible timing I feel coming now just so close to the election.

Biden should have done the right thing a year ago and allowed the Democrats more time to properly pick a candidate

Jill Stein is a fully certified Russian plant isn’t she?