2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I think a lot rides on Biden personally, but you're right the entire Dem organisation is a fecking shit show. Full on West Wing, smell your own farts, aren't we great, bunch of twats.

The fact that he's dropped out now, after primaries were to be held, is shocking incompetence.
Jill, right? Biden is incapable of finishing a sentence, let alone making any decisions.

Jill, right? Biden is incapable of finishing a sentence, let alone making any decisions.

No, Joe. And it's his inability to make any decisions which is why it's taken so damn long for him to realise the game is up and he can't win vs Trump.

His dithering has poisoned the chalice meaning it's a very tough job for anyone to come storming back into the race and defeat Trump. Harris isn't exactly a top a notch, formidable, politician (probably why Biden chose her as VP in the first place) at the best of times.

Republican landslide would be my current prediction, hopefully the next few months changes things.

Joe Manchin getting these morning spots to say he is "not going to run" is just silly. Democrats don't give a toss what he has to say I don't even get why he is getting airtime.

Joe Manchin getting these morning spots to say he is "not going to run" is just silly. Democrats don't give a toss what he has to say I don't even get why he is getting airtime.
There were rumours that some people wanted him. While I like him a lot, and I think that he wins the independent vote, he won't energise the main Democrat base vote, and cannot win.

Dems should have tried to change his mind on running for his senate office, but that is too late now. Him declining to run basically means that there is no path for Dems to win the senate.

There were rumours that some people wanted him. While I like him a lot, and I think that he wins the independent vote, he won't energise the main Democrat base vote, and cannot win.

Dems should have tried to change his mind on running for his senate office, but that is too late now. Him declining to run basically means that there is no path for Dems to win the senate.
He screwed over the party with his catering to McConnel along with Sinema. He has absolutely no chance of being anyone's President ever. GOP used him and he has 0 connection to the Democratic base. Yes of course he was the only person in West Virginia that had a shot likely to be statewide Democratic nominee but he left the party.

I mean i get why MAGA people "liked" him as long as he was useful to them blocking Democrats. But they would even prefer a full on MAGA candidate.

He screwed over the party with his catering to McConnel along with Sinema. He has absolutely no chance of being anyone's President ever. GOP used him and he has 0 connection to the Democratic base. Yes of course he was the only person in West Virginia that had a shot likely to be statewide Democratic nominee but he left the party.

I mean i get why MAGA people "liked" him as long as he was useful to them blocking Democrats. But they would even prefer a full on MAGA candidate.
Without him, there would have been Majority Leader McConnell, which means Senate would be blocked to do anything useful. So, he was great.

He basically voted everything that Schumers put forward, which is as much as you can expect from a senator from one of the most red states.

Interesting, rare to hear someone say they actually like him, he is kind of an ass imo, and clearly likes attention, why do you like him, if i may ask?

Not denying that it has been very useful for the democrats to have a senator in WV of all places, in order to pass some of their agenda though.

Well, that finishes off my “right wing conspiracy theory” bingo card.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, Biden didn’t even bother with a televised, statesmanlike announcement for his campaign withdrawal. Instead, he tweeted it with a digitally generated signature on Elon’s X. How classy! This wasn’t just an insult to the American public—it’s the latest act in the coup happening right under our noses while we’re being told that democracy is on the line.

"Guys, I'm dropping out of the race. I talk to you about it sometime next week"

President of the United States

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-soros-heir-son-alexander-soros-e3c4ca13

George Soros Hands Control to His 37-Year-Old Son: ‘I’m More Political’​

In his first interview as successor, Alex Soros says the family’s $25 billion philanthropic enterprise will boost its support for voting and abortion rights​

Wait til you find who's he married to....

Why is this relevant when Republicans have plenty of wealthy donors as well, including Ketamine lovin' Elon Musk and pro-Russia charlatan David Sacks. That's before we even get to Peter Thiel and the lobotmized tech-bro sheep who follow him.

Why is this relevant when Republicans have plenty of wealthy donors as well, including Ketamine lovin' Elon Musk and pro-Russia charlatan David Sacks. That's before we even get to Peter Thiel and the lobotmized tech-bro sheep who follow him.

Those are fine, upstanding gentlemen. Soros is a known (((globalist)))

Speaking of conspiracy theories, Biden didn’t even bother with a televised, statesmanlike announcement for his campaign withdrawal. Instead, he tweeted it with a digitally generated signature on Elon’s X. How classy! This wasn’t just an insult to the American public—it’s the latest act in the coup happening right under our noses while we’re being told that democracy is on the line.

Coup :lol: :rolleyes:

Pointing that there's hardly any difference between the parties. Most of the tech moguls and Wall Street bigwigs have been cozying up with the Democrats. Now, a handful of them have dared to peek over the fence at the GOP, and suddenly the Dems are acting like it's the end of the world.

Nonsense

GTFTHUUXkAE9ONi

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/21/why-biden-dropped-out-00170106

Biden really didn't want to go.

1. Biden gets COVID.
  2. Biden stays home.
  3. Biden's Twitter account announces he’s dropping out.
  4. No speech or anything prepared; he's not seen.
In a classic coup, they’d keep him at home and just announce his drop-out without his consent. Then Biden faces a new reality: either accept it and play along or embarrass himself by claiming it wasn’t his decision. People will say he’s demented and forgot it anyway, forcing him out regardless. The perfect coup.

I'm pissing myself laughing at this comedy. Just when I thought the Republicans had mastered the art of cringe and cult-like antics, the Democrats jump in with a "hold my champagne" moment.

We are in a post-parody world, people (or NEETs as most of you are).

Pointing that there's hardly any difference between the parties. Most of the tech moguls and Wall Street bigwigs have been cozying up with the Democrats. Now, a handful of them have dared to peek over the fence at the GOP, and suddenly the Dems are acting like it's the end of the world.

I could be wrong, but i think since citizens united, big money donors have backed republicans a decent amount more, exception being 2016.

I'm pissing myself laughing at this comedy. Just when I thought the Republicans had mastered the art of cringe and cult-like antics, the Democrats jump in with a "hold my champagne" moment.

We are in a post-parody world, people (or NEETs as most of you are).

What's so comedic about the Dems going with a younger candidate ?

I could be wrong, but i think since citizens united, big money donors have backed republicans a decent amount more, exception being 2016.

Yes, that was the entire purpose of Republicans pushing for it, to give them unfettered access to corporate money because they knew they would go broke if they had to rely on ordinary citizens to help fund their campaigns. This is why Suedesi's above anti-Soros post (a known right wing trope) is do disingenuous.

There's some clown posts on this page, but fetterman as usual makes the best one.

There's some clown posts on this page, but fetterman as usual makes the best one.

I mean, for once, i think Fetterman isn't exactly wrong, they cast Biden aside as soon as he became a real liability, so much for friendship and loyalty, politics is dirty business.

Its as simple as they want to win. If Biden was viewed as a probable loss, they were obviously going to do whatever was necessary to convince him to step aside.

I mean, for once, i think Fetterman isn't exactly wrong, they cast Biden aside as soon as he became a real liability, so much for friendship and loyalty, politics is dirty business.

It's not dirty, we're talking about electing the president of the united states here nor the PTA. Anyone putting loyalty or friendship ahead of the interests of their nation would be insulting their voters.

It's not dirty, we're talking about electing the president of the united states here nor the PTA. Anyone putting loyalty or friendship ahead of the interests of their nation would be insulting their voters.

I wasn't suggesting anybody should put Biden's ego over anything else, it was the right thing to do, to at least give dems a fighting chance now, but does it not sound hollow, to have people who pushed him out, immediately praised him for being a great president?

Reps seem to be in panic mode, they're throwing different narratives around at this time see what sticks.

Claiming it as a coup is the dumbest shit. How can you have a coup in a nomination process?

GTFTHUUXkAE9ONi

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/21/why-biden-dropped-out-00170106
Nah. This is basically alt-right level of conspiracy theory.

Biden really didn't want to go.

1. Biden gets COVID.
  2. Biden stays home.
  3. Biden's Twitter account announces he’s dropping out.
  4. No speech or anything prepared; he's not seen.
In a classic coup, they’d keep him at home and just announce his drop-out without his consent. Then Biden faces a new reality: either accept it and play along or embarrass himself by claiming it wasn’t his decision. People will say he’s demented and forgot it anyway, forcing him out regardless. The perfect coup.

This is alt-right level of conspiracy-theory.

Little known fact: this is how Allende was deposed.

Interesting, rare to hear someone say they actually like him, he is kind of an ass imo, and clearly likes attention, why do you like him, if i may ask?

Not denying that it has been very useful for the democrats to have a senator in WV of all places, in order to pass some of their agenda though.

Basically, with Raoul going quite left and suedesi going quite right, I am the Caf’s last centrist. So I find Manchin’s political views quite refreshing, at a time where there is an ever-increasing polarization and almost a hive-minded mentality in both sides of the spectrum.

I also appreciate that he was the difference between a senate majority leader Schumers and a senate majority leader McConnell. Having had another 4 years of McConnell would not have been very great, to put it mildly. Finally, people have to understand that he is from West Virginia, if you want that seat, you have to compromise. Sure, you can go all Doug Jones, as he did in Alabama, but then you get unseated from that moron Tuberville.

I think you are being willfully obtuse here. He's not going to go on camera while is sick with covid and raspy voiced. That would be an even worse look, by far.