2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I think he only ran as a republican through a combination of hatred for Obama and a bully's sense that they were the weakest and most gullible.

The famous White Hosue correspondents dinner where Obama roasted Trump was April 2011.

If he hated Obama so much, you wouldn't have thought he would be still writing checks for Democrats in Sept 2011 and 2013.

Trump saw a weak Republican party and took his shot.

I'm out for one day and missed all the fun. Still waiting on the mandatory Michelle Obama mention (it has to be one per page, right?)

Harris is really uninspiring, it's a very "it's her turn" kind of endorsement. It covers some of the weaknesses of the DNC campaign, but I don't know if she's able to go on the offensive which is what the Dems desperately need. Plus, the democrat's obsession with trying to push unpopular, uncharismatic VPs into the nomination haven't paid off for a while. Hopefully I'm wrong and she shows she's got what it takes.

Poor reflection on Newsom and Whittmer if they just toe the line and duck facing Donald

Does Kamala coronation basically make it very difficult for Newsom/Whitmer to take a shot at presidency if she wins.

If she wins and does a reasonable job of it, then she’ll likely be candidate next term, making it an 8 year wait for them.

I'm out for one day and missed all the fun. Still waiting on the mandatory Michelle Obama mention (it has to be one per page, right?)

Harris is really uninspiring, it's a very "it's her turn" kind of endorsement. It covers some of the weaknesses of the DNC campaign, but I don't know if she's able to go on the offensive which is what the Dems desperately need. Plus, the democrat's obsession with trying to push unpopular, uncharismatic VPs into the nomination haven't paid off for a while. Hopefully I'm wrong and she shows she's got what it takes.
I did it but in my defense I don't usually follow politics. I try to tune out or ignore it but it's scary times once again. Sowee.

Does Kamala coronation basically make it very difficult for Newsom/Whitmer to take a shot at presidency if she wins.

If she wins and does a reasonable job of it, then she’ll likely be candidate next term, making it an 8 year wait for them.

If she wins then yes. I don’t think Whitmer had any Presidential ambitions anyway. As for Newsom, he could run in 4 years if Harris loses.

If she wins then yes. I don’t think Whitmer had any Presidential ambitions anyway. As for Newsom, he could run in 4 years if Harris loses.
Of course if Kamala loses, then it’s going to be a heck of a line up next term.

If she wins, all the aspirants get taken out in one go.

It’s a mistake by Newsom not to run. What if she actually wins in November? Then he has to wait until 2032. Not many will care about him by then.

If he wants to be president, now is the time. Run. If you lose, endorse her and campaign for her.

And most importantly, Alex is in:

Is the old man dead?
Poor reflection on Newsom and Whittmer if they just toe the line and duck facing Donald

Yes. The fact that they - and AOC - all with political futures, just absolutely avoided saying a single brave thing says a lot about them.
Kamala and Shapiro would be just the ticket.

I think, based on very limited reading, that Beshear has shown more of a spine as a governor of a very red state. On trans issues he could easily have thrown them under the bus for a smoother re-election, but chose not to. Shapiro, on the other hand, heavily supports charter schools, and has been making statements about Israel with the extremely deranged John Fetterman. Of course, this election is not about issues but purely on vibes and image, and maybe Shapiro works better there, I don't know.

e- found a link.

Last edited:
It’s a mistake by Newsom not to run. What if she actually wins in November? Then he has to wait until 2032. Not many will care about him by then.

If he wants to be president, now is the time. Run. If you lose, endorse her and campaign for her.

I think Harris will have the entire party apparatus behind her in the next 24 hours. The final piece of will be Obama’s endorsement. Therefore there would be no political oxygen left for the others to jump in and organize a meaningful campaign.

If the plan was always to run Kamala would this have been the best way to do it? Set the media dogs on the old, senile, white guy for months and months to give her every leg up. All the benefits of being the incumbent while avoiding a lot of the mud slinging.

Donald's handling it well.

I can see why Trump may be getting a bit nervous. His entire reason for running this time was to use the Presidency to shield him from this federal criminal cases. If he loses, he won't have the ability to stop any of the cases against him once those that got thrown out last week get re-filed.

Watching 270 to win, the fact that (with all that has happened) Trump has around half of the states already in the bag is a sad indictment on the current state of the US. Hopefully Kamala's endorsing helps turning the tide.

Watching 270 to win, the fact that (with all that has happened) Trump has around half of the states already in the bag is a sad indictment on the current state of the US. Hopefully Kamala's endorsing helps turning the tide.

Part of the logic of going with a younger candidates is it will help in swing states that Biden previously carried, but where this time voters think he's too old. Harris will obviously also animate specific demographics that Biden may have had a bit of trouble inspiring to show up in November.

All of this energy to get Biden out, and then we get Harris. I feel punished for being a Democrat and a concerned citizen.

Man, I’m tired.

I'm glad that Biden finally saw sense, or at least got pushed out behind closed doors. I haven't really seem much of Kamala personally so no idea how she will go, but surely she has a better chance against Trump than Biden, and they have left it so late that really she is the only option now. Will be interesting at least to see what the Democrats actually do for their convention/candidate vote considering the primaries basically didn't happen.

At least with a female candidate, they can go hard on the abortion issue. Women against the Convicted felony who wants to take the rights to their bodies away could play out very strongly with a female lead.

At least with a female candidate, they can go hard on the abortion issue. Women against the Convicted felony who wants to take the rights to their bodies away could play out very strongly with a female lead.
That could be a good message (albeit not as strong as it was in 2022), but I’m not sure if Harris is the right messenger.

No one that I talked to today in my area (very blue) is excited about her. No one.

That could be a good message (albeit not as strong as it was in 2022), but I’m not sure if Harris is the right messenger.

No one that I talked to today in my area (very blue) is excited about her. No one.
I don’t know how prominent the VP role is in the US. Do you think that’s based on genuine concern having seen her in action, or do you think it’s more a general impression without actually seeing her at work? I ask because I wonder if there’s any chance she surprises people.

No one was excited about Biden either, they still came out to vote.

I think she can defeat Trump.
Remains to be seen if she has had proper media training, a couple of good speeches and the tide turns.