2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

If you listen to this on 1.25x speed, Biden actually sounds pretty coherent

Cutting off the president mid-sentence to ask confusing questions or make random accusations isn't helping anyone.

Have journalists also lost their ability to concentrate for more than 20 seconds?

"How do you work towards lowering the temperature?" -

"*Tangent* We have to stop with inflamatory language *story* We have to focus on policy".

"Yeah but now you are talking about policy"

No shit, mate.

The Vance Netflix thing is a 'retcon', he was already pro-Trump when the movie came out.

The book, subsequent press tour, and denunciations of Trump were his attempt to establish a future career as a moderate conservative. But it happened around the same time as Trump's ascent to the top of the Republican party, which immediately killed his whole shtick. He saw that after Trump's win and quickly changed course. The movie was long outdated by then and had no purpose.

Last edited:
JD is a stupid name. I'm calling him James because that's his name.

JD is a stupid name. I'm calling him James because that's his name.

b026ee39560235da3bc6d6971c87b2f6.jpg

Once the dust settles after the assassination attempt and the Dems start assessing things, surely they will conclude that the only chance they have now is some major reset to shift the narrative. The momentum is dead for now but not neccessarily for good, I think.

The abortion issue prevented disaster for the Dems in the mid-terms, it's a winning issue. Trump/Vance is an incredibly anti-abortion ticket, they should be all over this.

They're saying Musk called Trump to advocate for Vance as late as yesterday morning. Musk is also contributing a whopping 45m a month to a Trump super pac.

They're saying Musk called Trump to advocate for Vance as late as yesterday morning. Musk is also contributing a whopping 45m a month to a Trump super pac.

Interesting - though I think Trump had made up his mind a while ago. His last week interview (with Fox maybe?) all but gave it away.

I'm shocked they're not at least putting up a false challenger, someone who Biden can be seen to 'beat'.

I know there's nothing unusual about the president getting the automatic nomination but with everything that's happened it comes across as weak and elitist.

I'm shocked they're not at least putting up a false challenger, someone who Biden can be seen to 'beat'.

I know there's nothing unusual about the president getting the automatic nomination but with everything that's happened it comes across as weak and elitist.
Nothing has changed since 2016

The abortion issue prevented disaster for the Dems in the mid-terms, it's a winning issue. Trump/Vance is an incredibly anti-abortion ticket, they should be all over this.

Abortion and Project 2025 are probably going to be the Dems big hope going into November. This is particularly true given that Biden's economic policies that have curbed inflation, brought down the cost of gas, and resulted in the stock market breaking all time highs, are not going to assuage the anxiety level of voters.

It's a biased sample, but every single one of the 179 comments on the NYT article today about forcing Biden in early are furious at the DNC.

The fck is wrong with these people? If you're american, please consider we writing your rep. We're doing it now, as there's almost nothing else we can do.

It's a biased sample, but every single one of the 179 comments on the NYT article today about forcing Biden in early are furious at the DNC.

The fck is wrong with these people? If you're american, please consider we writing your rep. We're doing it now, as there's almost nothing else we can do.
Watching this as a bystander it's frankly unbelievable. If this was local elections in my county in Poland I would be shocked at the ineptitude and complete lack of awareness, and here we are watching this unfold in the most powerful and influential country in the world.

My rep is William Timmons :(

Trump is a thousand times smarter than this guy, politically speaking.

Maybe from a marketing perspective. But from a policy perspective, no. Trump is a political weather vein - he will move any way the wind blows.

I mean, his latest idea on removing tax from tips came from the caddies at his golf club.

Vance has an ideology and will know how to pull the right levers to get things done.

Fortunately his South African ex pat, biz bro pal David Sacks' speech got panned by most last night. People are asking how Sacks was allowed to even get a speaking spot.

Who is asking that? Sacks is more deserving of a speaking spot than Kristi Noem, Charlie Kirk, or Amber Rose

Yeah maybe, but let's not forget that for a while it was common knowledge that DeSantis was going to take over the Party, and that he was much smarter and more dangerous than Trump.

You are probably right re DeSantis - many thought he would be the next in line.

Difference being here though is that Vance will be VP, so will get to run for President in 2028, probably unchallenged within the GOP.

Who is asking that? Sacks is more deserving of a speaking spot than Kristi Noem, Charlie Kirk, or Amber Rose
Seriously go listen to his speech last night. It was one of the worst political speeches you will see at an convention. The guy talks like a big alpha male on X but is an absolute soft spoken shi*bag in real life.

Maybe from a marketing perspective. But from a policy perspective, no. Trump is a political weather vein - he will move any way the wind blows.

I mean, his latest idea on removing tax from tips came from the caddies at his golf club.

Vance has an ideology and will know how to pull the right levers to get things done.

That removing tax from tips was actually pretty shrewd from both marketing and policy. From when I bartended years ago, everyone that worked in the restaurant massively underreported tips. Regardless of political beliefs, it was universally hated that tips got taxed because we were regularly reminded of the tax burden being placed on the working class when wealthy patrons would talk about the lower tax rate on unearned income than we got, manipulating taxes through accountants to pay less than we would pay, making a ton of money on some deal and stashing it away in some offshore account to avoid taxes, etc.

In political terms he's a nobody. The fact that he's a pro-Putin stooge who spends most of his time advocating for Russian interests is yet another reason why he shouldn't be anywhere near the RNC.

Seriously go listen to his speech last night. It was one of the worst political speeches you will see at an convention. The guy talks like a big alpha male on X but is an absolute soft spoken shi*bag in real life.

Sacks delivery was awful but his speech was fine. A bit too intellectual for the MAGA crowd who are accustomed to simple, 5-second slogans and mindless applause, rather than anything nuanced.

In political terms he's a nobody. The fact that he's a pro-Putin stooge who spends most of his time advocating for Russian interests is yet another reason why he shouldn't be anywhere near the RNC.

I think you're wrong. Sacks, Thiel, and Elon are incredibly influential in political terms—they played a key role in securing Trump his running mate and in doing so, shaping the GOP's direction for the next decade.

I think you're wrong. Sacks, Thiel, and Elon are incredibly influential in political terms—they played a key role in securing Trump his running mate and in doing so, shaping the GOP's direction for the next decade.

They're giving money and buying influence. Nothing about them has anything remotely to do with the interests of Republican voters. They're simply buying their way to a seat at the table if Trump wins - which is basically little more than wealthy elites purchasing influence in exchange for money. In Sacks' case, I'm sure there will now be a deep dive by the media on his business relations with Russian oligarchs, politicians, and their subsidiaries.

They're giving money and buying influence. Nothing about them has anything remotely to do with the interests of Republican voters. They're simply buying their way to a seat at the table if Trump wins - basically this is little more than wealthy elites purchasing influence in exchange for money. In Sacks' case, I'm sure there will now be a deep dive by the media on his business relations with Russian oligarchs, politicians, and their subsidiaries.

I don't disagree one iota with you there. On the bolded part, if there's proof I'd like to see it.

Fascinating to listen in on a private call like that. No surprise, Trump sounds just as incoherent in private as he does in public!