2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Dem options are pretty simple at this point; a long shot with a new candidate or a guaranteed demolition with Biden.

There’s no justification for sticking with him.

Its not just about the presidency, sticking with Biden may cause dems serious trouble in the senate, with so many seats they have to defend.

The senate may end up with like 54-55 seats for republicans, and then what? Dems ain't getting it back until next decade.

Its not just about the presidency, sticking with Biden may cause dems serious trouble in the senate, with so many seats they have to defend.

The senate may end up with like 54-55 seats for republicans, and then what? Dems ain't getting it back until next decade.

Absolutely, the demolition I referenced included losing both houses by a lot.

Wow, Fetterman was just having a go at Pelosi on CNN.. Mocking her by saying "she has only run for the house".

Facism yada yada. Spoken like a person who pretends to gives a shit.
Seems top democrats don’t agree with you.
GSJy_zMaUAQRfl4

I want to meet the people who described Trump as 'American'.
To be fair they aren’t wrong!

Dem options are pretty simple at this point; a long shot with a new candidate or a guaranteed demolition with Biden.

There’s no justification for sticking with him.
It’s not a guaranteed demolition, people are sick of Trump, the candidates he backs have done terrible since he lost.

More a problem that Biden has confirmed largely bullshit rubbish with such a poor debate showing. Trump is in a place where people expect him to lie, talk gibberish and be pure evil. So he gets a bit of a free pass. People expect more of Biden so he doesn't.

The worry now is that changing candidate could be as bad or worse than sticking with Biden. Which is a shame as I'd have liked to see Newsom rip Trump a new one.

More a problem that Biden has confirmed largely bullshit rubbish with such a poor debate showing. Trump is in a place where people expect him to lie, talk gibberish and be pure evil. So he gets a bit of a free pass. People expect more of Biden so he doesn't.

The worry now is that changing candidate could be as bad or worse than sticking with Biden. Which is a shame as I'd have liked to see Newsom rip Trump a new one.

How is worse than losing? Because biden is losing this

How is worse than losing? Because biden is losing this

Maybe any replacement will do worse and maybe floating voters won't be able to bring themselves to vote for Trump when push comes to shove, even if they have doubts about Biden? Lots of maybes of course.

Personally I'd like to see Newson with Whitmer for VP. I think Newsom would tear Trump a new one in any debate.

Last edited:
Maybe any replacement will do worse and maybe floating voters won't be able to bring themselves to vote for Trump when push comes to shove, even if they have doubts about Biden? Lots of maybes of course.

Personally I'd like to see Newson with Whitmer for VP. I think Newsom would tear Trump a new one in any debate.

So you consider the premise that Biden can win still? I don't see how if is not because Trump feck up bigly and it would need to be so bigly that even a goat would win

I think Newson could be a liability as his ex is with donald trump junior. They will exploit that a lot and who knows what she would bring up. I think Newson hopes trump wins and then he can go 2028 without having to face that liability

He still relatively young to wait

So you consider the premise that Biden can win still? I don't see how if is not because Trump feck up bigly and it would need to be so bigly that even a goat would win

Still possible but I think a change would be better.

Biden campaign is already unhinged, how long until they just start making up nicknames for the critics and call them all sad losers etc.?

Is there a chance they are waiting until Trump announces his running mate before canning Biden? Delaying it to throw the GOP into a bit of a tailspin seems like a decent play at this point.

By the way, Biden is set to have a press conference today. A lot of eyeballs on it.

https://x.com/JSweetLI/status/1811131360435917069

Haven't seen the data, but it's probably real, considering how much support Biden has lost in the state.

But hey, AOC doesn't need to concern herself with that, she is in a safe seat anyway, unlike some of her fellow colleagues from the same state.

Last edited:
By the way, Biden is set to have a press conference today. A lot of eyeballs on it.

Exciting.

One thing worth considering regarding Biden's decision is, that outwardly he has to be all-in until he's not. It makes a lot of sense that the campaign didn't make a rash decision after the debate and needed some time to assess the damage and determine the best way forward. In that period they obviously cannot communicate that they are considering dropping out - then it's over.

I still think he will stay in based the stories that are coming out about how his family has supported him and all that, but there is still a way for him to change course.

I don't think Trump would debate Newsom. His campaign would come up with some inane excuse and Trump would just lob attacks via social media.

Or, maybe I should say it would be a 50/50 chance either way. The smart play would probably to avoid such but Trump's ego and bully strongman persona may force himself to do a debate.

It’s not a guaranteed demolition, people are sick of Trump, the candidates he backs have done terrible since he lost.

It really is, and people being sick of Trump isn’t the only factor. The issue is people won’t turn out to vote for Biden.

Low turnout = GOP victory.

What time is Biden’s presser today? I’m guessing there’s going to be a lot of eyeballs on it.

edit:

Biden is expected to hold the news conference on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. after hosting NATO leaders in Washington, D.C., this week.

CNN with some interesting bits this morning.

Apparently the Clooney piece was shared with Obama’s team and they didn’t support nor prevent it.

50something % of actual Biden supporters think he should step down.

He surely has to step down from the race.

But if it’s Kamala, I think Dems are done too.

Trump winning seems inevitable but Newsom or Whitmer coming in for Biden might prevent a landslide at least. Would be worth it just to see either of them hand Trump his arse in a debate.

Trump winning seems inevitable but Newsom or Whitmer coming in for Biden might prevent a landslide at least. Would be worth it just to see either of them hand Trump his arse in a debate.
Don’t see how it is. Trump is a bad candidate and around half the voters would never contemplate voting for him. If the Dems could field a strong candidate, like the two you mention, there’s still a decent chance they could beat Trump.

I've been saying this to the missus, Trump is f*cked if the candidate isn't Biden, because literally all the GOP have done is anti-Biden. They can't actually talk about policies or platforms because they're not even popular with Republican voters. If Biden drops out, they have nothing.

Harris is somewhat tarred with the Biden brush from a messaging perspective (inflatin/immigration etc, she is the VP) but anyone else gets a clean run.

I think worldwide because of social media, the polarisation of sides and what not incumbency is no longer an advantage.

I've been saying this to the missus, Trump is f*cked if the candidate isn't Biden, because literally all the GOP have done is anti-Biden. They can't actually talk about policies or platforms because they're not even popular with Republican voters. If Biden drops out, they have nothing.

Harris is somewhat tarred with the Biden brush from a messaging perspective (inflatin/immigration etc, she is the VP) but anyone else gets a clean run.

I think worldwide because of social media, the polarisation of sides and what not incumbency is no longer an advantage.

Agreed. Although, the candidate shouldn't be Harris. Rather it should be someone completely different. The Dems of course, won't do this and gravitate to one of Biden or Harris.

So 47% will vote for Biden yet 85% thinks he's too old?

And after the debate where there's wild fire of him asked to step down yet the % only moves a couple of points?

Polls

It’s not that unbelievable when they have that idiotic two-party system and the opponent is Trump.

I know I I’d vote for him even if I think he’s way too old, just to keep Donald out of the White House.

Last edited: