2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

biden can win the debate by not fainting, not looking for a chair, and by saying the name of the city once.

w44g8zF.png
I’m not even sure if I will be able to watch this. My health is very important to me and my family.

So they’ve agreed to mic muting for the debates. I wonder if they’ll actually mute them quickly enough or just let Trump spew his nonsense for ages then mute him?

NY Post has done back to back deceiving reports and edited videos trying to make Biden look a living vegetable. The most recent being a video of Obama "controlling" Biden off stage.

Genuinely disgusting these deceptive edits and outright false claims can be run during an election.

This would be consistent with just about every other marketing gimmick he's ever done from Trump University to Trump steaks

Not particularly surprising given that Biden came in 4th behind Buttigieg, Sanders and Warren in the 2020 Iowa primary. Its not a good state for him and certainly not one where he was ever going to be competitive this year.

I just cant see Biden winning the election, the republican mud slinging machine is so effective this time around they are successfully getting enough people to believe Biden has dementia that his credibility is being quickly eroded. Add in various social issues where younger voters are tuning out and the seige mentality Trump voters are harnessing the closer we get to the election the more I expect a landslide victory to Trump.
Hillary was never going to win in 2016, too much baggage and this time around Biden wont win because too much mud has stuck.

I just cant see Biden winning the election, the republican mud slinging machine is so effective this time around they are successfully getting enough people to believe Biden has dementia that his credibility is being quickly eroded. Add in various social issues where younger voters are tuning out and the seige mentality Trump voters are harnessing the closer we get to the election the more I expect a landslide victory to Trump.
Hillary was never going to win in 2016, too much baggage and this time around Biden wont win because too much mud has stuck.

If there's no movement in the polls after the debates, then that would be advantage Trump going into Sep/Oct imo.

Feels like "everyone" has forgotten that Trump is also weaker than in past elections, no, really, he is.

Yeah I’m worried too. Thinking back to 2020 a lot of people would have thought Trump hadn’t a hope in hell due to his response to Covid, etc but he still got far too close imo.
Fast forward to this year and on Biden’s watch inflation has been crazy and general feeling of being better off seems to be worse for a lot of people. It doesn't look that good for Biden.

Not particularly surprising given that Biden came in 4th behind Buttigieg, Sanders and Warren in the 2020 Iowa primary. Its not a good state for him and certainly not one where he was ever going to be competitive this year.

I mean, its a bit surprising imo, rust-belt are Biden's strongest swing-states, besides being redder, isn't Iowa a lot like these other states, demograpically? Heck, even in Ohio, Biden is polling roughly the same as 2020, and you would think he would be bleeding support there too.

On the other hand, Michigan and Wisconsin has been moving in Biden's direction last few months, so really, the only thing that needs to happen is Pennsylvania to do the same, and thats a very credible election path for Biden.

Don't get the doomerism, not yet anyway.

I mean, its a bit surprising imo, rust-belt are Biden's strongest swing-states, besides being redder, isn't Iowa a lot like these other states, demograpically? Heck, even in Ohio, Biden is polling roughly the same as 2020, and you would think he would be bleeding support there too.

His schtick just doesn’t resonate in Iowa. Review the 2020 primary results. Also, Iowa isn’t generally considered a rust belt state. It’s closer politically to Nebraska than most other states. One midsized city surrounded by lots of farm land etc.

Feels like "everyone" has forgotten that Trump is also weaker than in past elections, no, really, he is.
Thats very true but general public sentiment in the US has been slowly but surely grinding its way away from Biden, its a slow moving freight train. Maybe Im feeling negative about whats happening but I fear the worst this time.

Thats very true but general public sentiment in the US has been slowly but surely grinding its way away from Biden, its a slow moving freight train. Maybe Im feeling negative about whats happening but I fear the worst this time.

Feeling negative because the conviction didn't change anything, perhaps? Don't worry, it was never going to make much of a difference, everyone already knows who and what Trump is.

Biden for sure has gotten less popular, but if it comforts you, he has at least improved his numbers in Michigan and Wisconsin by a decent amount as of late, if nothing else.

Feeling negative because the conviction didn't change anything, perhaps? Don't worry, it was never going to make much of a difference, everyone already knows who and what Trump is.

Biden for sure has gotten less popular, but if it comforts you, he has at least improved his numbers in Michigan and Wisconsin by a decent amount as of late, if nothing else.
No the conviction hasnt impacted how im feeling. That issue was never going to change minds. Ive followed US politics pretty closely since the mid 90s and my current negative thoughts come from having seen similar small signs in the past. Biden is losing the younger persons vote, the mud slinging is sticking and having an impact on his image. I really hope Im wrong but I was one of few who thought Hillary had no chance in 2016 because of the years of previous mud slinging having an impact on her campaign, she was simply unelectable. Biden is creeping toward that territory. Everyone knows who and what trump is as you say but more and more people are happy to turn a blind eye because the perception of Bidens abilities is deteriorating.
Right now I think Trump will win and it will be a big win.

No the conviction hasnt impacted how im feeling. That issue was never going to change minds. Ive followed US politics pretty closely since the mid 90s and my current negative thoughts come from having seen similar small signs in the past. Biden is losing the younger persons vote, the mud slinging is sticking and having an impact on his image. I really hope Im wrong but I was one of few who thought Hillary had no chance in 2016 because of the years of previous mud slinging having an impact on her campaign, she was simply unelectable. Biden is creeping toward that territory. Everyone knows who and what trump is as you say but more and more people are happy to turn a blind eye because the perception of Bidens abilities is deteriorating.
Right now I think Trump will win and it will be a big win.

Funny, as i don't see any of these signs you are seeing, like, at all.

What i see, is republicans having bad election upon bad election, what i see is Republicans underperforming polls last couple of years.

The presidental election will be close, because Biden is a bad candidate, but I'm just not getting the negativity, there is nothing that republicans have done in actual elections that scares me.

I don't see Trump winning big at all, Biden is still favorite for me, for now.

My Mum used to live near Des Moines, it's actually a pretty decent state but nothing for mile's in certain cases, a definite Republican stronghold, don't think I ever bumped into any would be democrats whilst there and it has a pretty good state University(s) but alot of the girls were like old fashioned cowgirl good ol' American sweethearts

Funny, as i don't see any of these signs you are seeing, like, at all.

What i see, is republicans having bad election upon bad election, what i see is Republicans underperforming polls last couple of years.

The presidental election will be close, because Biden is a bad candidate, but I'm just not getting the negativity, there is nothing that republicans have done in actual elections that scares me.

I don't see Trump winning big at all, Biden is still favorite for me, for now.
The odds are currently Trump 1/2 to win and Biden 2/1. The more of these Biden dementia episodes will swing it further towards Trump. I'm surprised so many on here think Biden will win, I'd be shocked. And Trump winning will be a shitshow beyond belief.

The odds are currently Trump 1/2 to win and Biden 2/1. The more of these Biden dementia episodes will swing it further towards Trump. I'm surprised so many on here think Biden will win, I'd be shocked. And Trump winning will be a shitshow beyond belief.

Are these the right wing conjured up “dementia” episodes involving clearly edited videos to make Biden look lost ?