2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would accept internment as long as I had WiFi and cable TV.

In fact I could even be convinced to cooperate and inform on my fellow muslims in exchange for a few extra perks.

Trump is doing well because there are no viable alternatives. If Cruz becomes a viable conservative alternative, I'm pretty sure some of the anti-establishment morons who love Trump will peel off and get behind Cruz, which will tighten things up considerably.

all those 'outraged' Republicans if they are honest would say. Lets have real gun control. Because these crazies would not have got hold of assault weapons if they had been banned. Sure they can go the illegal route. But that avenue will become more and more difficult.

When people like Bush have advocated only taking christian refugees, Carson has called for a muslim database and Paul said immigration stopped from majority-muslim countries, they can't be surprised when the biggest nutjob of them all goes full-fascist on them. They should recognise their own rhetoric has contributed to this kind of one-upmanship.

I really hope he does end up running as an independent, purely to crush the Republicans chances.

Donald Trump............ words of wisdom........ And this is word for word.....

"If they had guns in Paris..... If five people in that room, Paris and France has possibly the toughest gun laws in anywhere in the world, and it was like target practice. Come over here.... BOOM.... Come over here....BOOM.... people are sitting by the hundreds and many others are going to be dying just sitting in a hospital and in many cases waiting to die.... now... same thing a few days ago in California, no guns, we didn't have guns.... the bad guys had the guns, and these young people, and I tell the press"

What the feck?

I really shouldn't laugh, but by feck it's hard not to. :lol:

When people like Bush have advocated only taking christian refugees, Carson has called for a muslim database and Paul said immigration stopped from majority-muslim countries, they can't be surprised when the biggest nutjob of them all goes full-fascist on them. They should recognise their own rhetoric has contributed to this kind of one-upmanship.

correct.

I mean all the Republicans are scum...at least Trump is an honest scum.

Trump is brilliant. He has them eating out of his hands.

He will be the nominee. I loved his attack on Christie btw.

People obviously just hear what they want to hear. Trump is no different to Nigel Farage really.

I need to stop watching Fox News, Greta vS just said Hillary Clinton won't use the words "Radical Islam" because she doesn't want to upset the "Non radical Islamists" :lol: FML! it really isn't funny.

I'm not American so I don't really care THAT much. But I do think he'd weaken America at home and abroad which could lessen their military hegemony in the Middle East. Anything would be better than what we have now, right?

At worst he'd call for an ill-though-out war which congress would slap down. He'd be such a shit president the country would bounce back further to the left than it's ever been before. Plus he'd be hilarious.

People obviously just hear what they want to hear. Trump is no different to Nigel Farage really.

I need to stop watching Fox News, Greta vS just said Hillary Clinton won't use the words "Radical Islam" because she doesn't want to upset the "Non radical Islamists" :lol: FML! it really isn't funny.

now you know why a lot of lefties watch Fox. I don't...but I know a number that do.

Did you hear Trump just rip Katie Tur the NBC reporter? The poor woman was so embarrassed .

now you know why a lot of lefties watch Fox. I don't...but I know a number that do.

Did you hear Trump just rip Katie Tur the NBC reporter? The poor woman was so embarrassed .

Yeah just watching it all now, it's almost as bad as watching The Office (UK version)

I've watched Fox on and off for years, it's like a strange world that is devoid of reality. It just never ever fails to shock me how awful and truly scary it is. As i'm typing this, Bill O'Reilly is slamming Trump for scaremongering and campaigning on people's fears, yet banging the exact same drum as Trump is. Although he has just said Jews are far more at risk of retribution or hate crimes than Muslims are in the US and that Obama is making a problem out of nothing, yet they are reporting about the huge problem that Obama has caused by being too weak. :lol:

Yeah just watching it all now, it's almost as bad as watching The Office (UK version)

I've watched Fox on and off for years, it's like a strange world that is devoid of reality. It just never ever fails to shock me how awful and truly scary it is. As i'm typing this, Bill O'Reilly is slamming Trump for scaremongering and campaigning on people's fears, yet banging the exact same drum as Trump is. Although he has just said Jews are far more at risk of retribution or hate crimes than Muslims are in the US and that Obama is making a problem out of nothing, yet they are reporting about the huge problem that Obama has caused by being too weak. :lol:

The right is totally tearing itself apart....*love it* The lunatics are all out :lol: what a show.

Bill and Co. don't like the bigotry being so overt - Cruz and others have said things that are almost as deplorable. However, they do it more tactfully.

Bill and Co. don't like the bigotry being so overt - Cruz and others have said things that are almost as deplorable. However, they do it more tactfully.

I agree completely, but they aren't the ones leading the polls or making the headlines, and the way the polls are, Trump is a cert for the Republican Ticket.

I'm not American so I don't really care THAT much. But I do think he'd weaken America at home and abroad which could lessen their military hegemony in the Middle East. Anything would be better than what we have now, right?

At worst he'd call for an ill-though-out war which congress would slap down. He'd be such a shit president the country would bounce back further to the left than it's ever been before. Plus he'd be hilarious.

Almost all idiotic/fanatic rulers or presidents without exception end up waging wars they cannot afford.

Serious question as I'm not American, are they duty bound to give him the nomination because of his poll ratings?
Not the poll ratings, but the primary elections and the state caucuses. But yes, they would be duty bound in that case.

Serious question as I'm not American, are they duty bound to give him the nomination because of his poll ratings?

Not even close.

There will be primary voting coming up and even in that process delegates are allocated in lots of different ways.

The polls are of course a decent indicator of basic support - but that's all they are.

If he gets enough delegates, he must be their nominee. Not all states are winner takes all as I understand. The polls indicate he has sizeable support. It always baffles me when the other Republicans say he 'only has 25 or 30%'. He does not need more than 50%. But if all the others except for say Cruz or Rubio drop out, perhaps he will find it difficult. But the problem is Cruz himself is pretty out there.

Let's see how Trump is doing in the next few days after his recent comments, but I find it quite telling that he is so far ahead in the polls and Fox News are so against him. Imagine how popular he would be if he was Fox's darling?

Dick Cheney just said Trump is being an extremist. Dick Cheney, the man who shot his own friend in his face. :lol:

I for one am embracing Trump and wish he wins this one. What a great time to be alive. #MakeMurricaGreatAgain

Trump is doing well because there are no viable alternatives. If Cruz becomes a viable conservative alternative, I'm pretty sure some of the anti-establishment morons who love Trump will peel off and get behind Cruz, which will tighten things up considerably.

The thing is, the establishment might choose Trump over Cruz.

Heil Trump

X6JCqCv.jpg

^ Nah, we'll just play Tic-tac-toe instead.

If Trump is unpalatable even to Republicans, what is to prevent an existing member of the party from running as an Independent (assuming that they'd be prepared to renounce ties to the GOP temporarily)? 2016 wouldn't be a goer in any event no with Trump at the helm, yet it could prove to be advantageous with 2020 in mind. On the fce of it would seem a route better suited to a figure like Trump himself, only he's gatecrashed the establishment.

Serious thought though but if Trump comes through this and still heads the polls what does that say about a significant % of the American population?
More worryingly if this does not end his presidential campaign whats next (putting muslims in Re education facilities, making them build his wall, making them wear a target to identify themselves)

It's boosting his campaign. People waiting for statements like these to bite him in the arse are wasting their time. It has become clear a significant portion of the American population thinks the way he does.

About 27% of Americans identified as Republicans. 30% of them are Trump's hard supporters. So that's about 30 millions people who share his views. Scary stuffs.

I would absolutely love it if Hilary completely annihilates him in the main elections. Probably the best way for the crazy bigot's ideas to die is if he suffers a heavy defeat in the election.

About 27% of Americans identified as Republicans. 30% of them are Trump's hard supporters. So that's about 30 millions people who share his views. Scary stuffs.

You've got to wonder how far he could go and still maintain these numbers. Export all muslims? Detainment of all muslims for interrogation? Segregated communities?

You've got to wonder how far he could go and still maintain these numbers. Export all muslims? Detainment of all muslims for interrogation? Segregated communities?

As far as he likes. He's insulted the disabled, Mexicans, Hispanics, Muslims, POW, women and saw his number rising or solidifying.

Sad as it sounds, there are a lot of Americans who are poorly educated, bigoted and close minded enough to eat up his every words.

Status
Not open for further replies.