2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people realize I have not said she is unqualified.

Nah, I wasn't talking about you, more just the general claim which had been made that her position wasn't warranted from others in the thread.

Then they should quote his posts and not mine if that is what they want to discuss.
If you quote a guy who's responding to that post and take a side more than resembling the original point, they'll probably carry on arguing their initial point. But whatever.

Clinton's 4 years as secretary of state give her more foreign policy experience than the rest of the field (both dems and repubs) put together. And foreign policy nous is critical because it is one area where the president has reasonable autonomy to shape events and is not so reliant on the support of a partisan congress.

Clinton's 4 years as secretary of state give her more foreign policy experience than the rest of the field (both dems and repubs) put together. And foreign policy nous is critical because it is one area where the president has reasonable autonomy to shape events and is not so reliant on the support of a partisan congress.

The results aren't much to write about but following Colin Powell and Condelezza Rice, even the minor disaster that Clinton was, was still an upgrade.

This election will be the biggest landslide since the last election. Even as polarizing as she can be she is a much better candidate than any in the GOP field. Not that it matters anyway since they wont get any latino or black vote.

Looks like Paul Ryan's the new Speaker after the Tea Party grouping gave him qualified support.

Not particularly, since even if he did win, none of his policies would be implemented as the Republicans would spend their entire lives doing nothing other than undermining him.
This is what they are doing at the moment but at least he is white and they will be a little bit softer for him than for Obama i guess.

Hillary getting grilled atm - not the greatest performance in the world, on the other hand, Gowdy and Pompeo...f-ing hell

Really ? She's been quite good imo. Hasn't lost her cool despite some truly atrocious questions, especially from Pompeo. Glad he got called out as a liar.

Really ? She's been quite good imo. Hasn't lost her cool despite some truly atrocious questions, especially from Pompeo. Glad he got called out as a liar.

I wish she was more forthright - you know better than I do...these congressional hearings are nothing but shams. I just wish she was more combative - I don't think the State Department is above criticism, but I wish she would mention, the House GOP cut State Dept budget and that included things like security.

So, they need to stop pretending like they give a damn about security or the lives of those dead.

I wish she was more forthright - you know better than I do...these congressional hearings are nothing but shams. I just wish she was more combative - I don't think the State Department is above criticism, but I wish she would mention, the House GOP cut State Dept budget and that included things like security.

So, they need to stop pretending like they give a damn about security or the lives of those dead.

It's a double edged sword. If she loses her cool it would play into the drama the Republicans want. Staying calm while the likes of Pompeo and Jordan lose their shit, will only expose them as desperate, demagogic morons.

And plus she's running for President now and probably doesn't have the luxury of coming across as Nikita Khruschev circa 1964

CR731Y1VEAA5dhF.png

This about sum it all up?

lol...Trump now saying he will close down some Mosques in the US. This won't end well.
You know you've gone too far when rabid Islamophobe Peter King says you're talking shit -

“Donald Trump is talking before he knows what he’s talking about,” King said. “I have been critical of people in the Muslim community, but the fact is you can’t be shutting down mosques.”

Wow she's so full of scandal and so much patronising - I can't stand her.

plus - it's only natural that when conversing with intellectual midgets one would come across as condescending or patronizing. It's not her fault she isn't stupid.

The Republicans have truly had a shocker today - nothing substantive other than trying to "prosecute" her, while she calmly answered all their questions.

Same nutty Uncle Tom type without the Southern accent.

Anyhow it's all irrelevant. Despite our jokes, majority of GOP voters are not stupid. They've always gone with the establishment choice since Goldwater.

I wonder why the Dems did not bring up the issue of Republican led Congress cutting State Dept.'s budget whenever Benghazi was brought up. If those tax dollars they are spending on the witch hunt were spent gathering intelligence or beef up security on embassies all over the world, maybe it wouldn't have happened?

errrr

Status
Not open for further replies.