2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "good work" of the Clinton Foundation was done as a shield, to insulate them from the inevitable bad press. To provide distraction form the wrongdoing. Just like Livestrong. Lance Armstrong used that foundation as a public relations tool to give people enough warm feelings that they wouldn't suspect him for the darkhearted criminal he really was.

The Clinton Foundation has just taken that to an unprecedented level. 2 motherfecking BILLION homie. That is not the nature of politics.

That is the nature of CORRUPTION.

You obviously know little about the work the foundation does other than what you're being spoonfed by the GOP realty distortion field.

The "good work" of the Clinton Foundation was done as a shield, to insulate them from the inevitable bad press. To provide distraction form the wrongdoing. Just like Livestrong. Lance Armstrong used that foundation as a public relations tool to give people enough warm feelings that they wouldn't suspect him for the darkhearted criminal he really was.

The Clinton Foundation has just taken that to an unprecedented level. 2 motherfecking BILLION homie. That is not the nature of politics.

Isnt Bill and Melinda gates the biggest contributor to the fund... and I bet if clinton wins most PC's owned by the US Government will use windows... lock her up, lock her up (and let her out on day release to build the wall, build the wall)

i think the biggest problem is that whoever wins is going to have a pretty divided country with a lot of people determined they are unfit to hold office and a very partisan political landscape

Isnt Bill and Melinda gates the biggest contributor to the fund... and I bet if clinton wins most PC's owned by the US Government will use windows... lock her up, lock her up (and let her out on day release to build the wall, build the wall)

i think the biggest problem is that whoever wins is going to have a pretty divided country with a lot of people determined they are unfit to hold office and a very partisan political landscape

It's always been that way.

It's always been that way.
is it not more than ever this time though... certainly looking from the outside it seems more fragmented than ever
if clinton wins I cant see the republican party working with her at all and I can see her getting massive resistance particularly with regards to gun control legislation and if trump wins i dread to think what may happen but I don't envisage any scenarios where America is more unified (unless he systematically murders all dissidents - which due to practicalities rather than ideology I don't think is viable even for him)

Trump has now completely flip flopped on his core immigration issue of deporting illegal aliens - he made his bed with the right wing loons by promising them mass deportations and now that he has the nomination he has flip flopped because he knows he can't win on that issue.

Trump has now completely flip flopped on his core immigration issue of deporting illegal aliens - he made his bed with the right wing loons by promising them mass deportations and now that he has the nomination he has flip flopped because he knows he can't win on that issue.
I can't wait to mention this at work today

A lot of people won't be happy - as predicted from the beginning Trump is a con-artist who conned the right wing into voting for them by promising mass deportation (dog whistle lingo for getting rid of brown people) - then got their votes during the primaries, only to realize he couldn't win the general election without minority votes and is now doing an abrupt 180 to court the votes of the same people he previously insulted.

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio et al called him out during the primaries and got hammered for it - now he has adopted the positions they have been advancing all along. He is a disgraceful con artist and a moral coward, and so are those who are the gullible charlatans who support him.

Who was it in this thread who liked Trump during the primaries as they expected him to switch once he got the nomination?

. . . in other news, the US Defense Department cannot account for 6.5 trillion in spending. Trillion. I know all those fiscal conservatives and the mouth breathers who whine we can´t afford free college education and all that other "free stuff" will be up in arms and protesting . . . just kidding, not a word from the Randian groupies of the Paul Ryan ilk and all those Republicans.

Where is the conservative outrage! The Tea Party? Can you imagine the give away of free stuff on the tax payers´ bill? I bet the ones with their hands furthest down in the cookie jar are the most right wing forces calling for fiscal restraint and no give aways to the "colored folk."

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/6-5-trillion-missing-from-defense-department/

$6.5 TRILLION MISSING FROM DEFENSE DEPARTMENT

'Fact the Pentagon can't account for how it spent money reveals a potentially far greater problem than theft'

A relatively obscure audit report from the Office of Inspector General of the United States Department of Defense suddenly is getting a lot of attention for what it apparently reveals: The Pentagon can’t account for $6.5 trillion.

At ArmstrongEconomics, the blog reported, “Once again, the office of inspector general has come up with a huge hole in the Department of Defense with a missing $6.5 trillion.”

The day before 9/11, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld admitted $2.3 trillion was missing from the Defense Department budget, noted the blog.

That figure has now grown to $6.5 trillion and counting.

To get a handle on its magnitude, a pile of $100 bills in that amount would be enough to make every man, woman and child in the states of Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota an instant millionaire.

The report, “Army General Fund Adjustments Not Adequately Documented or Supported,” started out with the goal of finding out whether the changes in the Army General Fund data during Fiscal Year 2015 to financial statements were “adequately documented and supported.”

Whether the economy is up or down, Dave Ramsey’s “Total Money Makeover” is a proven plan for financial fitness

The report concluded “the office of the assistant secretary of the army (Financial Management & Comptroller) (OASA[FM&C]) and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis (DFAS Indianapolis) did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter journal voucher (JV) adjustments and $6.5 trillion in yearend JV adjustments occurred because OASA(FM&C) and DFAS Indianapolis did not prioritize correcting the system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in JV adjustments, and did not provide sufficient guidance for supporting system-generated adjustments.”

Further, there was no indication of why 16,513 of 1.3 million records were removed from the budget system during the third quarter of FY 2015, the report said.

(cont)

I don't take politicians seriously, but even I am surprised how much I hate Nigel Farage.

. . . in other news, the US Defense Department cannot account for 6.5 trillion in spending. Trillion. I know all those fiscal conservatives and the mouth breathers who whine we can´t afford free college education and all that other "free stuff" will be up in arms and protesting . . . just kidding, not a word from the Randian groupies of the Paul Ryan ilk and all those Republicans.

Where is the conservative outrage! The Tea Party? Can you imagine the give away of free stuff on the tax payers´ bill? I bet the ones with their hands furthest down in the cookie jar are the most right wing forces calling for fiscal restraint and no give aways to the "colored folk."

'Fact the Pentagon can't account for how it spent money reveals a potentially far greater problem than theft'

A relatively obscure audit report from the Office of Inspector General of the United States Department of Defense suddenly is getting a lot of attention for what it apparently reveals: The Pentagon can’t account for $6.5 trillion.

At ArmstrongEconomics, the blog reported, “Once again, the office of inspector general has come up with a huge hole in the Department of Defense with a missing $6.5 trillion.”

The day before 9/11, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld admitted $2.3 trillion was missing from the Defense Department budget, noted the blog.

To get a handle on its magnitude, a pile of $100 bills in that amount would be enough to make every man, woman and child in the states of Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota an instant millionaire.

The report, “Army General Fund Adjustments Not Adequately Documented or Supported,” started out with the goal of finding out whether the changes in the Army General Fund data during Fiscal Year 2015 to financial statements were “adequately documented and supported.”

Whether the economy is up or down, Dave Ramsey’s “Total Money Makeover” is a proven plan for financial fitness

The report concluded “the office of the assistant secretary of the army (Financial Management & Comptroller) (OASA[FM&C]) and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis (DFAS Indianapolis) did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter journal voucher (JV) adjustments and $6.5 trillion in yearend JV adjustments occurred because OASA(FM&C) and DFAS Indianapolis did not prioritize correcting the system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in JV adjustments, and did not provide sufficient guidance for supporting system-generated adjustments.”

Further, there was no indication of why 16,513 of 1.3 million records were removed from the budget system during the third quarter of FY 2015, the report said.

(cont)
The United state Department of defense is the most bureaucratic organization in the world. I read somewhere that as much as 60% of its budget is spent on non essential stuff. For a country with the highest level of peverty in the OECD countries, that's disgusting.

No one is going to touch Defense. It's immensely unpopular with voters, save for a slice of the left. Legacy of the Cold War.
For years, I've been hearing that staff in the DOD have been blocking several administrations attempt to reform and cut costs. I'm like are they that powerful?

No one is going to touch Defense. It's immensely unpopular with voters, save for a slice of the left. Legacy of the Cold War.

Even hardline peaceniks on the left will block defense cuts if it affects jobs in their area. Trying to close an unneeded base is a nightmare once the politicians get involved.

For years, I've been hearing that staff in the DOD have been blocking several administrations attempt to reform and cut costs. I'm like are they that powerful?

They are, but only because there's no political will to do something about it. You have half the GOP field in an election cycle and almost all of their elected officials banging about how Obama weakened the armed forces. Now imagine cutting cost in that climate.

Beware the military-industrial complex indeed. Ike saw it.

Especially when members of congress (both political parties) look at defense spending as a way to get dollars for their districts. This makes for strong allies between those in the DoD who want to protect their fiefdoms and those in the House and Senate who want to keep their constituents happy.

(cont)

So the DoD somehow made away with 2 years worth of the entire federal budget, more than 10 years worth of its own budget? Damn, someone get Forbes on it because the World's Richest list is gonna need an update.

(cont)
Its basically a rehash of this isnt it?
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-rumsfeld-says-2-3-trillion-missing-from-the-pentagon.t165/
basically the accountancy systems are ancient and they cant track the money - a lot of it is double entries eg charges between departments etc - basically a none story other than they probably need to stick everybody on the same payment platform but costs training migrating data yada yada yada so it does notget done

Its basically a rehash of this isnt it?
https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-rumsfeld-says-2-3-trillion-missing-from-the-pentagon.t165/
basically the accountancy systems are ancient and they cant track the money - a lot of it is double entries eg charges between departments etc - basically a none story other than they probably need to stick everybody on the same payment platform but costs training migrating data yada yada yada so it does notget done

Pretty much. I like the money pile shots.

So much about the military is ancient, I read recently that ICBM launch procedures still involve floppy disks. And obviously there's a mountain of waste of resources. Not a very encouraging situation.

That some can stay as long as "they pay back taxes", which is basically an amnesty position that the far right that helped propel him to the nomination has always vehemently rejected.

Has anyone ever quantified/specified these "back taxes", or is it as vague as calls for "reparations"?

Has anyone ever quantified/specified these "back taxes", or is it as vague as calls for "reparations"?

Nope. He's just making shit up based on what his new advisors are telling him, which is that he needs to soften his numbers with white middle class voters in order to have a chance of winning. Thus all the recent faux concern about "African Americans" and loosening up his mass deportation policies against hispanics. Its purely a numbers game at this point - he can't win unless more white suburban women vote for him, and the policy changes are a means towards softening their perceptions of him.

He has flip flopped on every single issue like 5 times already. Even he doesnt know where he stands on basically anything until he wakes up on a given day. Ask him again the next day and you will get a different answer.

Nope. He's just making shit up based on what his new advisors are telling him, which is that he needs to soften his numbers with white middle class voters in order to have a chance of winning. Thus all the recent faux concern about "African Americans" and loosening up his mass deportation policies against hispanics. Its purely a numbers game at this point - he can't win unless more white suburban women vote for him, and the policy changes are a means towards softening their perceptions of him.

That complete tool Eric whatever the feck he's called, the smarmy prick who fell out with the blonde girl on "The Five" the other night (sorry memory loss again you all understand why) anyway, he was on last night saying that Trump is now at 8% yes EIGHT PERCENT! with African Americans and that's a remarkable achievement and something to be very proud of, also numbers that could propel him to the Presidency. Now I was shocked because I thought it should be far, far lower given how much Drumpf has insulted the African American community and also how fecking rude and patronising he was in his speech the other day. Basically saying they all lived in poverty, had unruly, uneducated and thick children, and no jobs and no prospects was taking things a little too far really, but he said it. Unapologetically so too. Unbelievable really, but that's Drumpf for you. Anyhooo, my point being, is he really polling as high as 8%? Personally, I can't see it. But if he is, the fact the Republicans and Right Wing press see this as an achievement shows you how far behind they are and how completely out of touch they are with the real world. It really is quite scary tbh.

As for him flip flopping, it's not really, he just hasn't got a fecking clue what he says one day to the next. He will also say anything to covet votes, in his heart though he wants anyone not born in the USA and anyone non white to be modern day slaves or to be deported. Of that there is little doubt.

That complete tool Eric whatever the feck he's called, the smarmy prick who fell out with the blonde girl on "The Five" the other night (sorry memory loss again you all understand why) anyway, he was on last night saying that Trump is now at 8% yes EIGHT PERCENT! with African Americans and that's a remarkable achievement and something to be very proud of, also numbers that could propel him to the Presidency. Now I was shocked because I thought it should be far, far lower given how much Drumpf has insulted the African American community and also how fecking rude and patronising he was in his speech the other day. Basically saying they all lived in poverty, had unruly, uneducated and thick children, and no jobs and no prospects was taking things a little too far really, but he said it. Unapologetically so too. Unbelievable really, but that's Drumpf for you. Anyhooo, my point being, is he really polling as high as 8%? Personally, I can't see it. But if he is, the fact the Republicans and Right Wing press see this as an achievement shows you how far behind they are and how completely out of touch they are with the real world. It really is quite scary tbh.

As for him flip flopping, it's not really, he just hasn't got a fecking clue what he says one day to the next. He will also say anything to covet votes, in his heart though he wants anyone not born in the USA and anyone non white to be modern day slaves or to be deported. Of that there is little doubt.
The good news is ever-changing demographics will catch up with them and leave the GOP behind, unless they change their stance significantly.

Writing the important stuff in capitals usually convinces me.

The 8% is probably in a state poll.

How the feck is Lance Armstrong a criminal? He took some testosterone to compensate for the nut he lost to cancer.

How the feck is Lance Armstrong a criminal? He took some testosterone to compensate for the nut he lost to cancer.

He defrauded the US Postal Service of tens of millions in sponsorship money, paid by the US taxpayer. He defrauded other sponsors of endorsement money as well. He committed fraud and racketeering, lied in depositions, intimidated witnesses, etc.

He took Epogen as a performance enhancing drug. Look it up...

Because doping in professional sports is illegal. Lying under oath is illegal. And trying to sabotage someone's career is illegal.

He defrauded the US Postal Service of tens of millions in sponsorship money, paid by the US taxpayer. He defrauded other sponsors of endorsement money as well. He committed fraud and racketeering, lied in depositions, intimidated witnesses, etc.

He took Epogen as a performance enhancing drug. Look it up...

There's not a single precedent of an athlete being prosecuted for taking PEDs and there's good reason even the feds did not charge him even after his confession on Oprah. He is a villain in the court of public opinion but unless he is charged, prosecuted and proven guilty, he is not a criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.