2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the days when Bernie was running vs Hillary and everybody was talking sense about Hillary and her true colors.

Now, because the opposite candidate is a man child, some are trying to make Hillary look like a nobel prize candidate, when she is exactly the same shit as republicans.

People forget way too easily, and is manipulated by the media even easier. The establishment celebrates.

just a little reminder... although it will be ignored and forgotten.

83fba3c656999a8948cab36328cd2e4d.jpg

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-climate-team-226930

On Climate change, it looks she's serious. Some of the items on the list are consistent with Barrack Obama's positions who is praised by everyone anyway?

some are trying to make Hillary look like a nobel prize candidate, when she is exactly the same shit as republicans.

I doubt anyone does that. She is generally accepted as a better candidate (in comparison to Trump ofc) but that's purely because her list of faults pale in comparison to Trump. I doubt anyone thinks of her as a saint.

Someone mentioned this morning that Trump has been operating on only a few hours of sleep for the past few months, which would explain his looney behavior.

I doubt anyone does that. She is generally accepted as a better candidate (in comparison to Trump ofc) but that's purely because her list of faults pale in comparison to Trump. I doubt anyone thinks of her as a saint.
Plenty of females do. They completely ignore everything negative about her and just focuse on the 'first woman ever becoming president' narrative.

Plenty of females do. They completely ignore everything negative about her and just focuse on the 'first woman ever becoming president' narrative.

Well you will always get people like that. On the flipside though there are certainly plenty of Men who will not be voting for Hillary because she is a woman and they her as being shrill.

Should be pointed out that policies do matter. Carly Fiorina never had the bandwagon going about being the first female president.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-climate-team-226930

On Climate change, it looks she's serious. Some of the items on the list are consistent with Barrack Obama's positions who is praised by everyone anyway?

Not at all, he has been criticised by every activist for (as usual) his actions not being close to his words

Two years ago, on a gorgeous November day, 12,000 activists surrounded the White House to protest the proposed Keystone XL pipeline. Signs we carried featured quotes from Barack Obama in 2008: "Time to end the tyranny of oil"; "In my administration, the rise of the oceans will begin to slow."

Our hope was that we could inspire him to keep those promises. Even then, there were plenty of cynics who said Obama and his insiders were too closely tied to the fossil-fuel industry to take climate change seriously. But in the two years since, it's looked more and more like they were right – that in our hope for action we were willing ourselves to overlook the black-and-white proof of how he really feels.

If you want to understand how people will remember the Obama climate legacy, a few facts tell the tale: By the time Obama leaves office, the U.S. will pass Saudi Arabia as the planet's biggest oil producer and Russia as the world's biggest producer of oil and gas combined. In the same years, even as we've begun to burn less coal at home, our coal exports have climbed to record highs. We are, despite slight declines in our domestic emissions, a global-warming machine: At the moment when physics tell us we should be jamming on the carbon brakes, America is revving the engine.
Except that Obama was out in public, boasting for all the world to hear:

"Over the last three years, I've directed my administration to open up millions of acres for gas and oil exploration across 23 different states. We're opening up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources offshore. We've quadrupled the number of operating rigs to a record high. We've added enough new oil and gas pipeline to encircle the Earth, and then some. . . . In fact, the problem . . . is that we're actually producing so much oil and gas . . . that we don't have enough pipeline capacity to transport all of it where it needs to go."

And what they'll see is a president who got some stuff done, emphasis on "some." In his first term, Obama used the stimulus money to promote green technology, and he won agreement from Detroit for higher automobile mileage standards; in his second term, he's fighting for EPA regulations on new coal-fired power plants. These steps are important – and they also illustrate the kind of fights the Obama administration has been willing to take on: ones where the other side is weak. The increased mileage standards came at a moment when D.C. owned Detroit – they were essentially a condition of the auto bailouts. And the battle against new coal-fired power plants was really fought and won by environmentalists. Over the past few years, the Sierra Club and a passel of local groups managed to beat back plans for more than 100 new power plants. The new EPA rules – an architecture designed in part by the Natural Resources Defense Council – will ratify the rout and drive a stake through the heart of new coal. But it's also a mopping-up action.

Obama loyalists argue that these are as much as you could expect from a president saddled with the worst Congress in living memory. But that didn't mean that the president had to make the problem worse, which he's done with stunning regularity. Consider:

• Just days before the BP explosion, the White House opened much of the offshore U.S. to new oil drilling. ("Oil rigs today generally don't cause spills," he said by way of explanation. "They are technologically very advanced.")

• In 2012, with the greatest Arctic melt on record under way, his administration gave Shell Oil the green light to drill in Alaska's Beaufort Sea. ("Our pioneering spirit is naturally drawn to this region, for the economic opportunities it presents," the president said.)

• This past August, as the largest forest fire in the history of the Sierra Nevadas was burning in Yosemite National Park, where John Muir invented modern environmentalism, the Bureau of Land Management decided to auction 316 million tons of taxpayer-owned coal in Wyoming's Powder River basin. According to the Center for American Progress, the emissions from that sale will equal the carbon produced from 109 million cars.

Even on questions you'd think would be open-and-shut, the administration has waffled. In November, for instance, the EPA allowed Kentucky to weaken a crucial regulation, making it easier for mountaintop-removal coal mining to continue. As the Sierra Club's Bruce Nilles said, "It's dismaying that the Obama administration approved something even worse than what the Bush administration proposed."

Wow, NC? That's blood red territory

Less so recently. Obama won in in 08 and narrowly lost it in 12. I'm keeping a close eye on places like SC, GA, TX, AZ, and MO. If Hillary is polling well in those states, its a sure sign she will win the election in a landslide (ie more than 200 electoral votes).

I don't buy the NC lead. The rest seems to be in line with the averages. But 9 points lead in NC is what, a million vote? Ain't happening.

Although, a Breitbart poll, done by Gravis, so a turd/piss combo, shows a toss up GA race, so maybe...

Less so recently. Obama won in in 08 and narrowly lost it in 12. I'm keeping a close eye on places like SC, GA, TX, AZ, and MO. If Hillary is polling well in those states, its a sure sign she will win the election in a landslide (ie more than 200 electoral votes).

Right, I confused NC and SC.

I don't buy the NC lead. The rest seems to be in line with the averages. But 9 points lead in NC is what, a million vote? Ain't happening.

Even if its an outlier, she seems to be in a slight lead there and in good shape to at a minimum be competitive to win the state.

Even if its an outlier, she seems to be in a slight lead there and in good shape to at a minimum be competitive to win the state.

The GOP governor is unpopular but:
so are the Dems
the GOP has huge majorities (supermajorities?) in both state houses
there are anti-Hillary ads (not pro-Trump) and pro-GOP ads (again, not pro-Trump) all over the net and TV here.

The GOP governor is unpopular but:
so are the Dems
the GOP has huge majorities (supermajorities?) in both state houses
there are anti-Hillary ads (not pro-Trump) and pro-GOP ads (again, not pro-Trump) all over the net and TV here.

Burr and McCrory are both getting hammered in the polls - I'm expecting both to lose in Nov.

"Down the ballot, incumbent Republican Sen. Richard Burr is trailing Democratic challenger Deborah Ross in North Carolina by two points among registered voters, 46 percent to 44 percent. (Last month, Burr was ahead by seven points, 48 percent to 41 percent.)

In North Carolina's gubernatorial race, incumbent Republican Gov. Pat McCrory is down by seven points to Democratic challenger Roy Cooper, 51 percent to 44 percent. (In July, it was Cooper 49 percent, McCrory 45 percent.)"

SC is toss up at the moment :D

The big story here is not FL or NC, but the margins in CO and VA. 3 of the last 4 polls in CO, VA, PA and NH show high single digit to double digit leads for Clinton. That means 273 electoral votes.

Right now, the electoral map for Clinton delivers her 270 votes just by counting Dem and Leaning Dem states without even considering Toss up, Leading Red, Blood red states.

Burr and McCrory are both getting hammered in the polls - I'm expecting both to lose in Nov.

"Down the ballot, incumbent Republican Sen. Richard Burr is trailing Democratic challenger Deborah Ross in North Carolina by two points among registered voters, 46 percent to 44 percent. (Last month, Burr was ahead by seven points, 48 percent to 41 percent.)

In North Carolina's gubernatorial race, incumbent Republican Gov. Pat McCrory is down by seven points to Democratic challenger Roy Cooper, 51 percent to 44 percent. (In July, it was Cooper 49 percent, McCrory 45 percent.)"

Just one poll though, and the RCP average is Burr +4.
The governor average is tied - this is at a historic bad moment for Trump.

I think there's more chance of him sinking lower than making a comeback at this point.

This election was only going to be either a referendum on Drumpf or Clinton, and as long as he doesn't shut up, chance of it being the latter is close to zero.

Right now, the electoral map for Clinton delivers her 270 votes just by counting Dem and Leaning Dem states without even considering Toss up, Leading Red, Blood red states.

Indeed. She could lose FL, OH, and NC and still win comfortably - even without NV and IA which are leaning Hillary right now.

Pp0J9.png

The RCP average is meaningless here since it includes polls from back in April, well before the conventions. Look at the variance between this poll and the previous WSJ/Marist poll that had him up by 7 a month ago. His opponent is clearly benefiting from the Hillary post-convention bounce.

The RCP average is meaningless here since it includes polls from back in April, well before the conventions. Look at the variance between this poll and the previous WSJ/Marist poll that had him up by 7 a month ago. His opponent is clearly benefiting from the Hillary post-convention bounce.

The population growth in Raleigh, Durham, and Charlotte (all of which are blue/very deep blue) far outstrips the growth (or in fact population decline) in the deep-red rural areas. But I think it will still take 1-2 more cycles to become a factor in elections. Trump would have to continue to keep sinking for it to matter this time.

Edit: The context being that Gov. mcrory outperformed Romney by a wide margin, so Hillary winning NC (probable) and giving a lit to down-ballot Dems (possible) may not be enough.

Last edited:
It went blue in 2008 - before that it hadn't gone blue since 64. I doubt Hillary has a chance there with Pence in the picture.

Pence isn't that popular there actually. He was in serious danger of losing re-election had he not become Drumpf running mate.

The demographic trend makes it unlikely Dem could win there again, granted.

I thought he wasnt popular.there

He doesn't have to be - he is the Governor and a home boy which will help Trump. Not that any of this will matter in the big picture since Hillary will probably win by more than 100 electoral votes with or without Indiana.

A month back I was worried we were heading for President Trump, but the last couple of weeks he's destroyed himself. Now I just look forward to the next ridiculous thing he's going to say.

So Clinton has released her tax returns and the IRS have said that Trump is free to release the information. How long until he caves in? I've got this weird feeling that he'll either release partial information or the full information isn't nearly as bad as we think it's going to be once it's compared to the amount of waiting there has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.