2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So Mike called me and he said yesterday, 'Would you mind if I endorse? I won't do it if it causes any complications or problems. I would absolutely not do it,'" he said.

So the GOP now functions like a kid asking permission from Daddy Trump? Republicans have lost all self respect and whored themselves out to Trump.

Book most likely, I don't think any big network would want to be associated with him.

There were rumours a few weeks back he was looking into getting his own cable network, like Palin.

Economy tanking and/or more police shootings are his only path. His support dropped after Nice/Orlando.

The economy will not tank fast enough to make a difference in a few months.

So sad, so upsetting, so unnecessary, just so fecking awful. :(

However I am finding this whole meltdown hilarious at the moment. I watched Megyn Kelly the other night and was in tears. It was the day he brought his attack on her back up again and she was just lost for words, she was laughing her head off. Then Trump mentioned doing lots for disabled people and she just laughed saying that he had to put ramps in buildings BY LAW! It was priceless. Honestly, even Bill O'Reilly was struggling to say anything positive about Trump, and he had Newt on as a guest, they both said Trump needs to basically "Shut the feck up" they are struggling to defend him now, so yet again he has lost Fox News and only has Hannity supporting him anymore. It's TREMENDOUS!

Also Americano and barros seem to have departed this thread, obviously even they would struggle to defend the giant wotsit now. I hope this meltdown continues on for the who Summer, it's great viewing. :lol:

Can anyone explain how the number of electoral votes each state changes?

I was sure New York had more or less the same as Texas not long ago, now it's 29 v 38?

Can anyone explain how the number of electoral votes each state changes?

I was sure New York had more or less the same as Texas not long ago, now it's 29 v 38?

From wikipedia:

A state's number of electors equals the number of representatives and senators the state has in the United States Congress.[23][24] In the case of representatives, this is based on the respective populations. Each state's number of representatives is determined every 10 years by the United States Census. In the case of senators, each state is entitled to two.

NY's population has grown rather slowly, and Texas' has ballooned.

From wikipedia:

A state's number of electors equals the number of representatives and senators the state has in the United States Congress.[23][24] In the case of representatives, this is based on the respective populations. Each state's number of representatives is determined every 10 years by the United States Census. In the case of senators, each state is entitled to two.

It's not strictly the case, for example, each congressional district translates to about 566k people, but Wyoming, with a population of about 530k, has 3 EVs by default ( 1 house seat + 2 senate seats)

Book most likely, I don't think any big network would want to be associated with him.

There were rumours a few weeks back he was looking into getting his own cable network, like Palin.

Economy tanking and/or more police shootings are his only path. His support dropped after Nice/Orlando.

Brexit didnt fecking help that.

From wikipedia:

Thanks, so it's roughly in proportion to the population.

Does he require congressional approval?

Probably, although I doubt he knows/understands any of the procedures that would be involved in doing something like that. His relationship with his daughter seems so weird in general though.

She is probably raking in a lot of support from USC in Columbia. The SC demographics are increasingly similar to the direction NC has been going in over the past decade.
Maybe it's because I live in the hard right part of the state (Gowdy's district). It's just shocking to me that my state might be in play... My vote for Hillary might mean something!

HRC on Fox now doing a reply to a question about the emails. She's reading from a script and looking lawyerly and shifty.

Maybe it's because I live in the hard right part of the state (Gowdy's district). It's just shocking to me that my state might be in play... My vote for Hillary might mean something!

Haley, Graham, Scott, et al don't seem to be in Trump's camp. I know Haley initially endorsed Rubio and Graham has been pretty critical of Drumpf since his recent outbursts. I'd imagine the reason Hillary is doing well in a few southern states is because the GOP aren't fully aligned behind the Donald and she is also picking up 10-15 of GOP voters as per the recent polls. When you throw all that together you get a bit of a Hillary surge in places like GA, AZ, SC, NC, etc

Good question from the NYT... What does it say about the American population that they are supporting someone who uses sexist and racist language?

Haley, Graham, Scott, et al don't seem to be in Trump's camp. I know Haley initially endorsed Rubio and Graham has been pretty critical of Drumpf since his recent outbursts. I'd imagine the reason Hillary is doing well in a few southern states is because the GOP aren't fully aligned behind the Donald and she is also picking up 10-15 of GOP voters as per the recent polls. When you throw all that together you get a bit of a Hillary surge in places like GA, AZ, SC, NC, etc
You could be right. There was a moderate GOP movement against Haley where Republicans backed Vincent Sheheen (a moderate democrat) for governor because they viewed Haley as too far right.

Happy page 538 by the way. Fitting.

Trump has had to backtrack on the video he said he watched of $400m being delivered by plane to Iran. Turns out it was a hostage plane in Geneva, not a money plane in Tehran.

Think by November we'll beat the Pogba thread?

Also, wish the Douche were sinking later with all the latest nonsense. We're still in August.

What the actual fecking feck :(

I live right across the border from Missouri, and his commercials have absolutely been spammed across local broadcasts. It makes him look like a clown, but he won the Republican primary for the governor race.

The narrator says Eric Greitens wants so protect lives while shooting god knows what

Yeah but imagine how rad that machine gun would look in front of your house, destroying all the invaders coming to take it away. Oh wait, you can't because your mind can't comprehend freedom

The narrator says Eric Greitens wants so protect lives while shooting god knows what
It's a minigun.

Would you believe that guy is a Rhodes Scholar?

JustAFan said:
even though I am not at all a "gun person" I think it might be kind of fun to fire off that big machine gun (at a safe target, not at any living thing).
Between 2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute. You can write your name in cursive with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.