2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all that was a pretty decent convention. The Democrats filled the time with policy issues, big name celebrities and some very, very powerful speeches. Much of the talking was exceptionally positive and the whole convention was incredibly diverse, and naturally so. Go back a week and compare it to the doom and despair, fear mongering and nasty hate filled speeches and a convention that tried way too hard to just add whatever skin colour it could to make it appear "inclusive" while all the time having a message that was clearly based around hatred. Even many Republicans noticed the difference and are saying how ashamed they are.

The choice should be really obvious, let's just hope the majority see it that way too and the fear mongering, hatred and lies don't win.

Liz Warren is great, just watching her speech now.

Shame about the assholes chanting in the background.

Liz Warren is great, just watching her speech now.

Shame about the assholes chanting in the background.

Sadly there was a small fringe group of Bernie supporters moaning almost every night of the week, despite the fact that Bernie himself made his endorsement, as well as the fact that 80-90% of Bernie supporters have made the switch knowing that Trump can't be allowed to win.

Sadly there was a small fringe group of Bernie supporters moaning almost every night of the week, despite the fact that Bernie himself made his endorsement, as well as the fact that 80-90% of Bernie supporters have made the switch knowing that Trump can't be allowed to win.

I would have thought Bernie supporters would also love Liz?

Some Presidential and Vice Presidential Quotes from the past. Though there is always the possibility the person being quoted never actually said it.

''My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.''
—President Harry S. Truman

''Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it.''
—President Lyndon Johnson

''I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.''
—President John Kennedy, at a dinner honoring Nobel Prize winners of the Western Hemisphere, the White House, April 29, 1962

''When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'''
—President Teddy Roosevelt

''Did you ever think that making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg? It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else.''

''Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.''
—President Ronald Reagan

''If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.'''

''What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with a chimp, could have a future in politics?''
—President Ronald Reagan, on Clint Eastwood's bid to become mayor of Carmel

''A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.''
—President Franklin Roosevelt

''I was America's first instant Vice President -- and now, America's first instant President. The Marine Corps Band is so confused, they don't know whether to play 'Hail to the Chief' or 'You've Come a Long Way, Baby.'''
—President Gerald Ford

''When the President does it, that means it's not illegal.''
—Richard Nixon, in a 1977 interview with David Frost

''I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.''
—Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote, ''Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far'' (April 26, 2012)

''A zebra does not change its spots.''
—Al Gore

''Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya.''
—Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

I would have thought Bernie supporters would also love Liz?

Most do, but there are a fringe group of knobheads who are basically left wing versions of Ted Cruz - complete uncompromising narcissists who can't see the forest from the trees.

Is he implying that Putin will like him because he's white?

The implication being Trump doesn't mind if Putin calls Obama the N Word, which of course Putin never said in the first place. It's a thinly veiled way for Trump to call Obama the N Word by inventing story about Putin having done it.

I am unfollowing all Bernie supporters on facebook. They are the most annoying breed of people I know. They're shitting on hillary for no reason and are voting for stein just because Bernie didn't win the nomination.

The implication being Trump doesn't mind if Putin calls Obama the N Word, which of course Putin never said in the first place. It's a thinly veiled way for Trump to call Obama the N Word by inventing story about Putin having done it.

I wouldn't be surprised if in private Putin calls Barry that word in its Russian equivalence, but Dodgy Donald would be the last person on this Earth to know about it.

It's gotta be Bloomberg.

100%. He also said that he can't believe that bloomberg would Diss him after all the help and advice The Donald had given him recently.

Some how I find that hard to believe! A real proper ceo of a global company asking advice from the chairman of really a mum&pop organisation.

100%. He also said that he can't believe that bloomberg would Diss him after all the help and advice The Donald had given him recently.

Some how I find that hard to believe! A real proper ceo of a global company asking advice from the chairman of really a mum&pop organisation.
Agreed. Bloomberg is worth over $46 billion. He makes Trump look like chump change.

Also, notice that he sounds a lot like a bully trying to save face (cause he is)... "I woulda hit him so hard, but I didn't, but I could have!"

Bloomberg's net worth is confirmed 4 times the best made up number Drumpf can think of for his.

Wtf is this from?

That't nothing.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

If it was the RNC that locked delegates into the hall, installed white noise machines, stopped a scheduled speaker without explanation, allegedly denied credentialed people entry while trying to fill the hall with interns, it would be fairly big news.
@Ubik

Middle Georgia area, south of Macon. Presently working in the Atlanta area on short assignment then commuting home on weekends (on per diem in Atlanta).

Atlanta is more my taste - large city, more culture, different people, not as crazy conservative as rest of state (but still more conservative overall), much more to do. But the traffic... it's the worst in the US from what I've experienced, discounting New York (island) but it's ludicrous to drive there anyhow.

I've heard it's bad but can it be worse than Chicago? Toronto's freeways are awful as far as gridlock goes but 'driving' through Chicago is torture.

If it was the RNC that locked delegates into the hall, installed white noise machines, stopped a scheduled speaker without explanation, allegedly denied credentialed people entry while trying to fill the hall with interns, it would be fairly big news.
@Ubik
You think the media would be up in arms about hardcore Tea Partiers being prevented from disrupting the nominee?

Some Presidential and Vice Presidential Quotes from the past. Though there is always the possibility the person being quoted never actually said it.

''My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.''
—President Harry S. Truman

''Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it.''

''I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.''
—President John Kennedy, at a dinner honoring Nobel Prize winners of the Western Hemisphere, the White House, April 29, 1962

''When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'''
—President Teddy Roosevelt

''Did you ever think that making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg? It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else.''

''Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.''
—President Ronald Reagan

''If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.'''

''What makes him think a middle-aged actor, who's played with a chimp, could have a future in politics?''
—President Ronald Reagan, on Clint Eastwood's bid to become mayor of Carmel

''A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.''
—President Franklin Roosevelt

''I was America's first instant Vice President -- and now, America's first instant President. The Marine Corps Band is so confused, they don't know whether to play 'Hail to the Chief' or 'You've Come a Long Way, Baby.'''
—President Gerald Ford

''When the President does it, that means it's not illegal.''
—Richard Nixon, in a 1977 interview with David Frost

''I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.''
—Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote, ''Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far'' (April 26, 2012)

''A zebra does not change its spots.''
—Al Gore

''Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya.''
—Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

What a marvelous collection.

I sincerely hope Harry Truman said that! The LBJ stuff is great. The 'jackass' quote exactly captures the presidential experience when the political winds turn foul.

Biden's 'Chuck' quote might be the funniest thing a politician has ever said in public.

You think the media would be up in arms about hardcore Tea Partiers being prevented from disrupting the nominee?

No, it would be one of the clever/dripping with sarcasm pieces below the main headlines. Definitely something the likes of Colbert/Stewart would cover (while rightfully blasting both sides).

Status
Not open for further replies.