2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump said in his presser today that the DNC hadn't mentioned combating ISIS...

He should STFU! really. After the shit show that was the RNC he should just crawl back under his rock until the debates begin. He also can't even spell ISIS. Fecking idiot, really hasn't got a clue.

Trump said in his presser today that the DNC hadn't mentioned combating ISIS... The DNC responds with the Presidential Envoy to the Coalition to Defeat ISIS.

Suck it.

and Fox aren't showing this and instead have that nutty General on who spoke at their convention.

Where were you located?

Eastern Afghanistan at the time - Jalalabad. The attack this guy went through was in Kunar and killed several military members as well as a couple of civilians. Happened just before I got to Afghanistan. My boss had his leg blown off and was airlifted out of country, so I never met him.

This convention has been as perfect as any convention I've seen since the 80s. Different themes on different nights, top notch speakers spanning the spectrum, highly inclusive, positive and basically everything the GOP convention was not.

It has to be done. Trump is making the argument that the Democrats are neglecting the military and are leaving it in shambles.
Yeah, it is necessary. Hillary is pretty centrist (or to the right by international terms), but the Dems are undoubtedly to the left of Tea Party republicanism. As such, sometimes you have to appeal to the middle, or even the right, just enough to fend off criticisms on foreign policy weakness.

This convention has been as perfect as any convention I've seen since the 80s. Different themes on different nights, top notch speakers spanning the spectrum, highly inclusive, positive and basically everything the GOP convention was not.

I'm really quite surprised. Not at how good it has been, but I just thought they had overloaded the first evening and would be left a little short after that. It's been a pleasant surprise since then.

Eastern Afghanistan at the time - Jalalabad. The attack this guy went through was in Kunar and killed several military members as well as a couple of civilians. Happened just before I got to Afghanistan. My boss had his leg blown off and was airlifted out of country, so I never met him.
I just read his MoH citation. Talk about selfless bravery.

My uncle was in Kandahar and Bagram at various times. He saw the suicide attack during the Dick Cheney visit. Korean soldier tackled the guy to the ground so he didn't make it to the gate. Crazy stuff.

They understand how to disperse keynote speakers across the four day time period so as to build to a crescendo. Each night finished with a showstopping speaker - tonight finishes with the candidate herself. Can't argue with the planning.

Yeah, it is necessary. Hillary is pretty centrist (or to the right by international terms), but the Dems are undoubtedly to the left of Tea Party republicanism. As such, sometimes you have to appeal to the middle, or even the right, just enough to fend off criticisms on foreign policy weakness.

They have to be as inclusive as possible - which includes retaining the Obama coalition, reaching out to the Sanders/Warren wing, and reconnecting with the Bill Clinton centrist crowd of the 90s (which the Tim Kaine selection is a shout out to). If she can get retain all three then she wins big. Trump is trying to peel off the old Clinton blue collar white vote, so a lot of Hillary's work in the coming months will be to retain them....which will mean a lot of trips to Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina in the coming months.

Indeed. And I don't think it can be overstated of how big a deal it is for the Democrats to have military commanders and Medal of Honor recipients endorsing their candidate. The GOP has had the military vote on their side for awhile now. Maybe that is shifting.

I just read his MoH citation. Talk about selfless bravery.

My uncle was in Kandahar and Bagram at various times. He saw the suicide attack during the Dick Cheney visit. Korean soldier tackled the guy to the ground so he didn't make it to the gate. Crazy stuff.

It will be justice when a few deserving Airmen are rightfully awarded the MoH. Starting with Cunningham and Gutierrez.

This Bercerra guy is going places in national politics. Can see him getting a cabinet job if Hillary wins.

They understand how to disperse key note speakers across the four day time period so as to build to a crescendo. Each night finished with a showstopping speaker - tonight finishes with the candidate herself. Can't argue with the planning.

It just shows the strength and depth of their speakers. To be able to have Bernie, Liz Warren and Michelle Obama all on the first night and then be able to continue for 3 nights after that, wow, that says it all. It really does put the RNC and their shit show to shame. They had nobodies saying nothing every night.

Oh, but they had Scott Baio!

They have to be as inclusive as possible - which includes retaining the Obama coalition, reaching out to the Sanders/Warren wing, and reconnecting with the Bill Clinton centrist crowd of the 90s (which the Tim Kaine selection is a shout out to). If she can get retain all three then she wins big. Trump is trying to peel off the old Clinton blue collar white vote, so a lot of Hillary's work in the coming months will be to retain them....which will mean a lot of trips to Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina in the coming months.
Yeah, it's pretty fascinating how the demographics impact upon platform and policy. It's about appealing enough to certain groups that they'll vote for you whilst retaining as much as your core values as possible, I guess. If you were to be slightly cynical, you could say that it's all about saying whatever research tells you that people want to hear.

Either way, Clinton should be the only choice this year. Whatever people think of her, the party from which she'll pick key members of her cabinet is so much more moderate than the current GOP.

It just shows the strength and depth of their speakers. To be able to have Bernie, Liz Warren and Michelle Obama all on the first night and then be able to continue for 3 nights after that, wow, that says it all. It really does put the RNC and their shit show to shame. They had nobodies saying nothing every night.

Well, in fairness, many GOP supporters were in their 20s during Happy Days and 40s when Charles In Charge ran riot.

It helps that the A list Republicans mostly despise Trump. Still, the Dems have better speakers even if it were on a level playing field.

It helps that the A list Republicans mostly despise Trump. Still, the Dems have better speakers even if it were on a level playing field.

It's quite shocking and telling and fecking hilarious that a man who has fronted a moderately successful prime time TV show for years can only get Scott Baio to speak at his convention. :lol:

Priceless!

It's quite shocking and telling and fecking hilarious that a man who has fronted a moderately successful prime time TV show for years can only get Scott Baio to speak at his convention.
Phoney and Chachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.