2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders already looks ancient. It's generally a bit problematic to choose Presidential candidates when they are already approaching the average lifespan of an American.

He could pick a better VP candidate than McCain and avert that issue.

Sanders' main selling point is that he is really the only viable candidate that is free of super donors that are literally funding other people's campaigns.

Today I read that Trump was very negative with the new Pacific trade deal. I was reading and seems positive for US,why do you think that might be bad?

Hillary would be wise to pick someone like Webb imo. It would almost guarantee Virginia, which would make it quite hard for the GOP to get to 270.

I love Webb, especially after how he told Bush to feck off. :lol:

Today I read that Trump was very negative with the new Pacific trade deal. I was reading and seems positive for US,why do you think that might be bad?

You never know with Trump. He's probably against it because he doesn't want to be perceived as agreeing with Obama on economic policy, which would undermine him with the conservative GOP base he's courting at the moment.

indeed. Direct and honest. he is my personal favourite. If given the chance, he will answer any question very thoughtfully.

Do you think he's angling for the VP pick? Surely none of the Dem candidates not named Sanders think he has any real chance of toppling Hillary, except maybe Biden if he jumps in.

Do you think he's angling for the VP pick? Surely none of the Dem candidates not named Sanders think he has any real chance of toppling Hillary, except maybe Biden if he jumps in.

doubt it. He would be considered a direct replacement for Hillary. The difference is Webb is not a 'politician' if you will. Perhaps he is running to keep Hillary honest...while Sanders is running to move her left.

doubt it. He would be considered a direct replacement for Hillary. The difference is Webb is not a 'politician' if you will. Perhaps he is running to keep Hillary honest...while Sanders is running to move her left.
Don't know much about the guy but from what I've read about him seems a very honest, stand-up person. Having him by her side could help Hillary with the image issue but that also means ceding Florida to any of Rubio/Bush. Tough call really.

The Clinton's have been pro Webb in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up as VP pick. Hillary endorsed him in 2006? and Bill went to Virginia to campaign for him. It sort of makes sense when you think about it, as he's moderate and could help her pull states like VA and NC, which would more or less give her the White House.

Do all these endorsements mean anything at the polls? The press seem to always make a big deal out of them.

This guy is worth more than $25 bn. Polls be damned, having him behind your back means you can run for as long as the process lasts.
And gets you a lot of ad buys, which do affect the polls.

Do all these endorsements mean anything at the polls? The press seem to always make a big deal out of them.
Some do. Money runs politics in the U.S., like many (all?) places. It takes something extra when you're talking getting to be PotUS though.

Getting interesting now, Sheldon Adelson about to endorse Rubio.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/marco-rubio-sheldon-adelson-donors-2016-214680

That is inevitable really. Jeb was the only viable candidate and rightfully gathered the fattest campaign fund until he managed to make himself the butt of every joke. Just about the same time Rubio stepped up and now looks like the only real serious Republican nominee that the party can rally around leaving the circus behind. I wouldn't be opposed to him against any Democratic nominee if he picks Kasich as his VP, keeping in mind Ohio and Florida are swing states.

Although the democrats debates don't seem entertaining (or at least in comparison with the republicans line up) the live twitter commentary from Trump might be funny... Probably end up drawing more media attention than the debate

A bunch of polls out today, national general election polling.
Clinton is at least 3 points down on every single R challenger including Trump (-3: Fiorina, -4: Bush, -5: Trump, -11: Carson). I don't recall Obama's numbers ever being this bad in 2012. This doesn't even include Rubio who was beating Clinton at her peak.
Biden is ahead on every head-to-head, so it's not a anti-Democrat wave. Sanders wasn't polled but the last time he was he seemed to be doing better than her. It's looking more and more likely that Republicans will win the general, she seems quite hated nation-wide.

Another interesting trend I've seen is that her numbers go down in every early state, the more she is visible, the less she is supported.

A bunch of polls out today, national general election polling.
Clinton is at least 3 points down on every single R challenger including Trump (-3: Fiorina, -4: Bush, -5: Trump, -11: Carson). I don't recall Obama's numbers ever being this bad in 2012. This doesn't even include Rubio who was beating Clinton at her peak.
Biden is ahead on every head-to-head, so it's not a anti-Democrat wave. Sanders wasn't polled but the last time he was he seemed to be doing better than her. It's looking more and more likely that Republicans will win the general, she seems quite hated nation-wide.

Another interesting trend I've seen is that her numbers go down in every early state, the more she is visible, the less she is supported.

She definitely needs something to change the momentum. Maybe this debate maybe that chance but it's not good going in the negative direction for so long in any campaign.

Hypothetical general election polls are worse than useless at the moment. Unless you really think Ben Carson would win an 11-point landslide against Clinton.

You never know with Trump. He's probably against it because he doesn't want to be perceived as agreeing with Obama on economic policy, which would undermine him with the conservative GOP base he's courting at the moment.

he's against NAFTA too.

If the moderator let Clinton attack Sanders' response on guns, he should have let Sanders have at Clinton's flip-flopping, that was an open goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.