2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched Stewart on the Late Show. What a man. Just tears Faux News to shreds over and over. You'd miss them trying to hang with him and just failing time and time again.

Trump just can´t lose the plot all the time. His ability to control himself is just nonexistent. The guy is an unstable crazy narcissist. He also certainly needs to stick to this speech writer and a teleprompter. At least when it matters.

He just did exactly that in his speech to the convention volunteers. As I said above he kept going off on mad rambling tangents and forgetting to go back and finish his points, so it was all disjointed and didn't make much sense, and he left a lot of things unanswered. He also cannot help himself when it comes to attacking people who have wronged him. If anything, THAT is his major flaw and will be his downfall. (fingers crossed)

I can't get CNN in my hotel room, bizarre considering I'm like ten miles from CNN Center. So I'm forced to watch Fox News.

Fox is obsessed with guests and panelists rating of the convention.

This is why Sling TV is essential - you get MSNBC, CNN, NBCSN, FSN1 and they don't offer Fox News. Perfect service that you can watch anywhere.

Just rewatched Stewart on the Late Show. What a man. Just tears Faux News to shreds over and over. You'd miss them trying to hang with him and just failing time and time again.

He's really awesome. He really needs to be in the media.

He's wasted right now.

I'm only talking about present day. The Democrats owe their recent success, in my opinion, to a mastery of the press, television, and digital media. They are well scripted, unified, and have found a way to appeal to people by making them think they are "better people" for aligning themselves with the party. It has been an effective strategy, along with the use of liberal university education to instill Democrat values in the ever-increasing number of college students.

My issues with Barry?
-pretending we are not at war
-releasing Gitmo prisoners
-pardoning criminals
-lack of leadership, domestic & international
-thinks his job is public relations for the Muslim faith
-apologizes for America
-places his own legacy ahead of the needs of his people
-billions spent on his trip to Kenya
-he's a pussy
-Iran nuclear deal
-the Bergdahl debacle, soldiers died to bring that traitor home
-you just know he's a smoker but he tries to hide it
-his dismissive and arrogant nature
-claims of "transparency" lol
-I don't consider him an American, he doesn't have our intrepid spirit
-always blaming guns
-refusal to label Islamic terrorism as Islamic terrorism (no, it's "workplace violence" or "a tragedy")
-encouraging racial strife with his comments on police shootings
-abusing executive orders
-the way he got "Obamacare" passed
-etc

Just curious, what do you mean by "our"? What makes you part of "our" and not him. And you mention that he doesn´t have "our intrepid spirit." My god, how much more of an intrepid spirit can you have than make it all the way from single mothered child to Harvard and then on to the presidency of the United States and be elected twice at such a young age agains all odds? And being the first African American to do this. How do the "our" outclass Obama in "intrepid spirit" in his unbelievable rise to the presidency of the United States? You must have some pretty unbelievably intrepid people on your "our" team.

Sorry, but this just sounds like such an amazing statement from you. Even the "Americano" part of your name comes off like you're trying to sound latino. Doesn´t sound very "our" to me in the Trumpian United States American sense. What a bizarre comment. Although it does make it understandable how you would be a Trump enthusiast.

Just curious, what do you mean by "our"? What makes you part of "our" and not him. And you mention that he doesn´t have "our intrepid spirit." My god, how much more of an intrepid spirit can you have than make it all the way from single mothered child to Harvard and then on to the presidency of the United States and be elected twice at such a young age agains all odds? And being the first African American to do this. How do the "our" outclass Obama in "intrepid spirit" in his unbelievable rise to the presidency of the United States? You must have some pretty unbelievably intrepid people on your "our" team.

Sorry, but this just sounds like such an amazing statement from you. Even the "Americano" part of your name comes off like you're trying to sound latino. Doesn´t sound very "our" to me in the Trumpian United States American sense. What a bizarre comment. Although it does make it understandable how you would be a Trump enthusiast.

You're attempting to have a sensible debate with someone who uses racist tropes to justify his logic about Obama and Democrats.

I too made the mistake of responding to this nonsense. He hasn't really had an answer to anyone calling out the bullshit in this post. He is unaware of logic, or indeed currencies! He's either unable or unwilling to actually engage in a debate. There's a reason he's voting Trump.

He doesn't like Obama apologising.. Does anyone think he will?
He has written what he has written.. and now he'll stand by it... cause he's a true American.. unlike Obama.

He doesn't like Obama apologising.. Does anyone think he will?
He has written what he has written.. and now he'll stand by it... cause he's a true American.. unlike Obama.

Not quite, he hasn't backed any of his drivel up.

Found this on my facebook, from a far-left person.

Trump gave us a perfect example of a fascist speech: crisis of disorder, projection of cause of crisis onto an enemy (illegal immigrant), solution to crisis--law and order, national unity, and himself as people's champion. He successfully positioned Hillary as the candidate of the status quo, corruption, and the country's humiliation (a continuation of the system of degradation and loss so many feel). "I'm with you" beats "I'm with her." That the elements that one might attribute to an economic or policy plan are clearly the work of fantasy doesn't matter, they even help insofar as they require investment in this fantasy rather than the facts and reasons buttressing an unjust and disintegrating society.

If this indicates the direction of his campaign, she won't win.

Sounds pretty much spot on. He's stoking fear in the public and framing himself as the person who will protect them against a reality that he himself invented.
Quite right. He's run his whole campaign that way, including setting himself up as a messianic figure that can solve all that ills the nation.

Sounds pretty much spot on. He's stoking fear in the public and framing himself as the person who will protect them against a reality that he himself invented.

His quote at the ne of the speech about 'making America great again' puzzled me... Whats so bad in the US right now?

From my own observations, the markets are up, house prices are on the up, credit is available and unemployment is down: it seems Obama has done a good job sorting out the crisis he inherited from Bush.

The strongest current issue seems to be ISIS/cops/Black gun crimes. Is that relatively minor civil instability causing the entire republican voter base to feels scared?

I agree with many interweb conspiracy loons that US will endure a major attack (Trump inspired under the guise of ISIS) in September, which will induce enough shock to parachute Trump into the White House. Under that context, he'll invest $ trillions into his 'ailing military' so they can start their next punch up.

Last edited:
Quite right. He's run his whole campaign that way, including setting himself up as a messianic figure that can solve all that ills the nation.

Key questions are:

Can this strategy harmonize entire republican base? I can foresee many abstaining.
Whether this strategy can attract enough anti-Hilary democrats into voting for him?
Likewise, will enough pro Obama Blacks/hispanics get out and vote for Hiakry on election day?

Key questions are:

Can this strategy harmonize entire republican base? I can foresee many abstaining.
Whether this strategy can attract enough anti-Hilary democrats into voting for him?
Likewise, will enough pro Obama Blacks/hispanics get out and vote for Hiakry on election day?
1) I don't think so. The moderate republican vote will go elsewhere or stay home
2) I can't see anti-Hillary democrats being pulled to the far right of the political spectrum. If he were a centrist (Kasich) then yes, but with his positions, I just can't see it. Especially his claims to be stealing Bernie supporters. I am a Bernie voter and there's no way I'm putting my mark beside Trump's name.
3) Hillary drew massive support from black voters throughout the primaries. I think this is due to her husband's legacy with the black voter. This surprised me, as I thought Bernie's record as a part of the civil rights movement would draw black voters to him... It did not.

1) I don't think so. The moderate republican vote will go elsewhere or stay home
2) I can't see anti-Hillary democrats being pulled to the far right of the political spectrum. If he were a centrist (Kasich) then yes, but with his positions, I just can't see it. Especially his claims to be stealing Bernie supporters. I am a Bernie voter and there's no way I'm putting my mark beside Trump's name.
3) Hillary drew massive support from black voters throughout the primaries. I think this is due to her husband's legacy with the black voter. This surprised me, as I thought Bernie's record as a part of the civil rights movement would draw black voters to him... It did not.

What % of republican vote is that?

So will you and other Bernie democrats stay at home or vote Hilary?

So you're saying Hilary will get all those ethic Obama votes too?

If you are right, then surely there is no way Trump can win? Or have I missed something?

Last edited:
Can anyone explain in a couple of sentences why there is so much hate against Hillary?

I don't think that many people care that much about the e-mails or Libya, so what is this about?

What % of republican vote is that?
I don't know that those statistics exist, but considering the GOP is already a smaller party than the Democratic one, any loses from your own base will hurt.
So will you and other Bernie democrats stay at home or vote Hilary?
I personally will vote Hillary. Some will probably vote Jill Stein or will abstain. I just can't see any significant amount swinging to Trump.
So you're saying Hilary will get all those ethic Obama votes too?
I doubt she will get "all" of them. There are definitely some Hispanic and black voters in the Trump camp, but I believe she will get the majority of Hispanics and a vast majority of African Americans.

Can anyone explain in a couple of sentences why there is so much hate against Hillary?

I don't think that many people care that much about the e-mails or Libya, so what is this about?
She's power hungry, besides the email issue the Clinton foundation money used illegally, the fact she's under the Wall Street payroll, probably more but I need to go out :devil:

She's power hungry, besides the email issue the Clinton foundation money used illegally, the fact she's under the Wall Street payroll, probably more but I need to go out :devil:

That's not really saying much. All politicians seeking the Presidency wants the power that comes with it.

His quote at the ne of the speech about 'making America great again' puzzled me... Whats so bad in the US right now?

From my own observations, the markets are up, house prices are on the up, credit is available and unemployment is down: it seems Obama has done a good job sorting out the crisis he inherited from Bush.

The strongest current issue seems to be ISIS/cops/Black gun crimes. Is that relatively minor civil instability causing the entire republican voter base to feels scared?

ISIS/cops/blacks/guns are not factors. They may play in the news but have zero impact on the life of the average citizen.

It is the economy.

The job situation is terrible. Low wages, long hours, frequent layoffs, zero job security, little to zero vacation time, extremely expensive health insurance, and no health insurance without a job.

Houses are expensive. This may seem good, but taxes are connected to house value. This means that you pay a lot on taxes and if you lose your job, you can't pay taxes and you may lose your house and become homeless.

That's not really saying much. All politicians seeking the Presidency wants the power that comes with it.
Now now, Trump only wants the White House in order to help the country. He has no interest in the power of the position.
I just threw up in my mouth a little

The job situation is terrible. Low wages, long hours, frequent layoffs, zero job security, little to zero vacation time, extremely expensive health insurance, and no health insurance without a job.
It just baffles me that some people think that the Republicans can solve these problems.

You can say the same for 99% of the Congress! :(

Are there two or three specific things that Hillary has done? There must be something more specific that I am not aware of...

What is your political position in the country you stay in? As in, are you a Corbyn or Miliband or Blair or Cameron or Farage supporter? I think (though I'm not sure) I can tailor my response to most of those :D

It just baffles me that some people think that the Republicans can solve these problems.

On second thought, perhaps the whole point is that politicians avoid talking about these specific problems.

The whole thing is a show, they talk about bullshit, and they say nothing about the real issues. Obviously, they don't propose any solutions either.

The people are mesmerized by the show and they don't realize that the politicians say nothing about they real issues they are worried about.

On second thought, perhaps the whole point is that politicians avoid talking about these specific problems.

The whole thing is a show, they talk about bullshit, and they say nothing about the real issues. Obviously, they don't propose any solutions either.

The people are mesmerized by the show and they don't realize that the politicians say nothing about they real issues they are worried about.
True words there sir. I must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.