2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but it does not change the fact you hear the same sort of stuff in countless political speeches, it was not an original thought when Michelle said it, any more than it was when Melonhead Trump said it.
Possibly but it doesn't alter the fact that you hear similar stuff in numerous political speeches, it was not a fresh thought when Mrs Obama said it, nor when Melonoma Strumpet said it. Etc etc. :D

This isn't a fecking Literature 101 class. Who gives a feck?

Oh it's all the usual smoke and mirrors of US Politics. Let's make a big deal out of nonsense statements you hear in countless political speeches.

But anyways, Trump will never get my vote, no matter what the contents of his wife's speech are.

These are genuinely awful candidates. Another bunch of polls out over the last few days: +4, + 1, -1, tied.
If her opponent was anyone other than Trump, she would be buried. If the Dem was anyone other than her, Trump would suffer a historic landslide.

These are genuinely awful candidates. Another bunch of polls out over the last few days: +4, + 1, -1, tied.
If her opponent was anyone other than Trump, she would be buried. If the Dem was anyone other than her, Trump would suffer a historic landslide.
and yet both candidates came out on top in their respective parties, as much I hate to admit.

I cannot wait for Sunday's episode of Last Week Tonight :lol:

Me too :lol:

I've missed it the last few weeks, has he been on a break? It's not been on Sky for about a month now :( But I notice it's back next week. Can't fecking wait! Should be epic.

I'm just waiting for Trump to be dropped from the ceiling wearing a silver flashing jacket, single glove and start moonwalking across the stage. His opening line to his speech will be "I will never run around or desert you, chamone he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OW!" only to then flip the audience the bird and disappear in a cloud of $1 dollar bills.

This. Joke of an election.

Me too :lol:

I've missed it the last few weeks, has he been on a break? It's not been on Sky for about a month now :( But I notice it's back next week. Can't fecking wait! Should be epic.

I'm just waiting for Trump to be dropped from the ceiling wearing a silver flashing jacket, single glove and start moonwalking across the stage. His opening line to his speech will be "I will never run around or desert you, chamone he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OW!" only to then flip the audience the bird and disappear in a cloud of $1 dollar bills.

Bill Maher is doing a convention special on HBO for two days. That'll be fun as well

I genuinely can't understand the hate for Michelle Obama from the Republican talk show hosts while the same bible toting, Judeo-Christian value thumping idiots absolutely fawn over Nancy Reagan, who apparently used astrologers to arrange Reagan's daily schedules.

I genuinely can't understand the hate for Michelle Obama from the Republican talk show hosts while the same bible toting, Judeo-Christian value thumping idiots absolutely fawn over Nancy Reagan, who apparently used astrologers to arrange Reagan's daily schedules.

Pointless hating just for the sake of hating.

The color of her skin.

You're probably right. Can't help but shake the feeling that is being used to distract what a shitshow RNC has been so far.

What? It's helping drive the narrative of the convention being a shitshow.

When your main speaker for the night can't even write an original speech, you have a problem.

When your main speaker for the night can't even write an original speech, you have a problem.

I dunno it's sort of meant the fact that 2 states walked out and Rudy Giuliani's shitshow got swept under the rug. Melania is kind of irrelevant overall.

I dunno it's sort of meant the fact that 2 states walked out and Rudy Giuliani's shitshow got swept under the rug. Melania is kind of irrelevant overall.

So has anyone dug up any University professors yet to say that they would or would not penalize a student caught in this level of "plagiarism?" If not, I am sore of shocked that FOX News did not think to do this.

I will probably have to tune into watch Trumps speech, but I know it will turn my stomach just looking at him, let alone listening to any of the crap he spouts. Regardless of political leanings, I have never felt so repulsed by a candidate before. It really is the death knell for the Republican Party as we know it, which is a good thing, the issue for them will be how quickly can they reform into something resembling a group that knows what it is doing and can lead the country or who will replace them as the 2nd party to challenge the Democrats, to keep them honest so to speak.

Really does feel as if the country is at a crossroads this election. Oh it has been said about other elections before, well just about every election before, but this time it really seems like we are. The bad part of it is that I am not sure any of the directions open right now lead us anywhere good.

She's a billionaire's trophy wife; I doubt he chose her for her literary skills. If the candidate himself had plagiarized, it might be an issue; although I suspect Trump would have brushed it off. Who cares if his wife's speechwriters showed poor judgement.

Joe Biden/Neil Kinnock all over again.

This isn't a fecking Literature 101 class. Who gives a feck?
You don't expect the spouses of potential candidates to be wordsmiths or master orators, but avoiding plagiarism isn't too much to ask. Especially considering the irony of it.. she robbed Michele Obama's speech. Obama is a prefix used in Republican circles to instruct people that something is bad, or should be hated. Obama-care, obama-trade, obama-whatever.

She's a billionaire's trophy wife; I doubt he chose her for her literary skills. If the candidate himself had plagiarized, it might be an issue; although I suspect Trump would have brushed it off. Who cares if his wife's speechwriters showed poor judgement.

Even as plagiarism goes, it barely qualifies given the actual ideas being put forward in both speeches are fairly typical campaign nonsense. How many other politicians have put forward similar statements? I would guess quite a few.

I will probably have to tune into watch Trumps speech, but I know it will turn my stomach just looking at him, let alone listening to any of the crap he spouts. Regardless of political leanings, I have never felt so repulsed by a candidate before. It really is the death knell for the Republican Party as we know it, which is a good thing, the issue for them will be how quickly can they reform into something resembling a group that knows what it is doing and can lead the country or who will replace them as the 2nd party to challenge the Democrats, to keep them honest so to speak.

Really does feel as if the country is at a crossroads this election. Oh it has been said about other elections before, well just about every election before, but this time it really seems like we are. The bad part of it is that I am not sure any of the directions open right now lead us anywhere good.

Well, the fact that 50% of Americans, and the majority of white Americans, are prepared to vote for a Donald Trump, says something very important about the present state of your country, and its future. To me, this election is an outrider of the racial politics which is destined to dominate 21st century America.

The just lack of tact is what is so amazing about it. They plagiarized literally the first thing people would compare it to.

It's the exact definition of plagiarism. She robbed the words verbatim. :lol:

Not in the quotes I have seen, the same ideas, many of the same words, but it also does not meet the definition of verbatim. It might be my age showing, but as I keep saying, I have heard the same concepts so many times in other speeches about politicians and their upbringing and their hopes of the children of the nation, that even when Michelle used them, the ideas were old and tired political clap trap.

That section of Michelle's speech is a fairly generic political speech, look at what she mentions, hardly an original idea in there. We were raised to work hard, respect others, our word was our bond , even manages to get the word VALUES in there, then ends it all with the tried and true appeal about "the children" and how any child should be able to achieve their dreams (the old "any child can grow up to be President" nugget really). Basically it all has been written in hundreds of political speeches before and will be used again. There is not an original idea in either section of either speech.

Last edited:
At the end of the day expect him accusing Michele of stealing the bloody speech from Melania and his people buying it.

Not in the quotes I have seen, the same ideas, many of the same words, but it also does not meet the definition of verbatim. It might be my age showing, but as I keep saying, I have heard the same concepts so many times in other speeches about politicians and their upbringing and their hopes of the children of the nation, that even when Michelle used them, the ideas were old and tired political clap trap.
Same ideas, sure. But this is verbatim. I mean, the two videos echo each other quite literally. It's the same sequence of words said in the exact same order in a very similar context. In any academic sense, this is plagiarism.

Trump and Melania probably don't know it was plagiarized in the first place.
So understaffed they are, some aide just googled "Best convention speech ever" and copy pasted. Joke aside, to not tell him would require IQ < 20 so probably he was told, but did not find it such big a deal.

Same ideas, sure. But this is verbatim. I mean, the two videos echo each other quite literally. It's the same sequence of words said in the exact same order in a very similar context. In any academic sense, this is plagiarism.

Well luckily for her, she's not speaking to a dissertation panel. She's speaking to a bunch of Republicans who don't care about who said the words before.

So understaffed they are, some aide just googled "Best convention speech ever" and copy pasted. Joke aside, to not tell him would require IQ < 20 so probably he was told, but did not find it such big a deal.

It's a big out of which the last few paras were lifted. I'll be surprised if Donald Trump or Melania Trump knew about this to be honest. I'm not sure, I'm just guessing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.