2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just a bit bizarre watching non-Americans prancing about like their opinion about American candidates matters.

I thought this is a forum in which all can participate?

Either way American politics do affect the rest of the world and I lived in America for quite a few years before moving to Canada.

Not sure if you are bring disrespectful by discounting my opinion as "prancing about" but if that's how you wish to conduct yourself.... Feel free.

I thought this is a forum in which all can participate?

Either way American politics do affect the rest of the world and I lived in America for quite a few years before moving to Canada.

Not sure if you are bring disrespectful by discounting my opinion as "prancing about" but if that's how you wish to conduct yourself.... Feel free.

No one said you can't participate, nor can't others who think its fecking weird that you're talking about the Bernie/Hillary thing like you're an American who can actually vote for either of them.

No one said you can't participate, nor can't others who think its fecking weird that you're talking about the Bernie/Hillary thing like you're an American who can actually vote for either of them.

Plastic voters eh! Doesn't happen in footy luckily.....

I have a lot of family who live in America who do vote and having lived there for awhile I feel alot of sentiment to the country as well.

All because I don't currently live in America doesn't mean I cannot care about what goes on there.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

If the US, its people and its establishment, hadn't internalised and acted on their belief in American exceptionalism so much, perhaps these elections would have been less interesting to outsiders.

I have a lot of family who live in America who do vote and having lived there for awhile I feel alot of sentiment to the country as well.

All because I don't currently live in America doesn't mean I cannot care about what goes on there.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

tbf there are a number Hillary fans here who cannot vote either. no worries.

Just realized IL and NC are proportional, so Trump won't be racking up delegates there irrespective of the results. MO is even more critical now. If Cruz can nick it and Kasich takes OH, it will limit Trump's winner take all states to just FL.

I still don't understand why some states have so much polling and some don't. Missouri has only had 3 polls since August.

Any chance we have another poll out before Tuesday in OH and IL? After Michigan and with the margin being so close I'd imagine pollsters wouldn't want egg on their faces again.

I still don't understand why some states have so much polling and some don't. Missouri has only had 3 polls since August.

Yeah its a bit baffling given the importance of the states on the 15th. I do get the impression that a lot of voters are going to break Cruz's way in IL and MO because Rubio's star has faded to the point where voters will question whether their votes are being wasted on someone who will likely bow out of the race in a few days, which will imo benefit Cruz in places like MO and IL. That could easily swing things in his favor against Trump.

Yeah its a bit baffling given the importance of the states on the 15th. I do get the impression that a lot of voters are going to break Cruz's way in IL and MO because Rubio's star has faded to the point where voters will question whether their votes are being wasted on someone who will likely bow out of the race in a few days, which will imo benefit Cruz in places like MO and IL. That could easily swing things in his favor against Trump.

Let's face facts here, Trump will win most states with the exception of say OH

This thread should've been moved to the Entertainment Forum a long time ago.

Reports of the crossover have been greatly exaggerated.

In an NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey conducted by Hart Research Associates this month, 7% of Sanders voters said they could see themselves supporting Trump. Some 66% said the same for Clinton.

A similar proportion of Sanders folk – 8% – gave Trump a positive likeability rating, compared with 48% for Clinton. That figure is unlikely to be causing Clinton campaign aides much loss of sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
instead of saying thank you, that snake gave her a vicious bite.
Oh shut up silly woman,
Said the reptile with a grin,
You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.”

Not a great poem.

But funny. Liberal righteous self-deception in a nutshell.

Except, of course, with Liberals, it's other people who get bitten!

Hillary is getting desperate and just throwing mud at the wall hoping something will stick knowing her supporters care little about facts. I really don't understand why anyone would want to vote for her.
She's Claire Underwood.

The only reason to vote her in general is because by doing that you decrease the chances of a total evil nutter becoming president. The least of two evils.

A lot of voters genuinely believe that Trump (who I think is nuts) would be preferable to Clinton, and that tells you alot about her.

I believe that she will say whatever it takes to be elected. Even if she wins the democratic nomination, the national election wouldn't be easy for her to win at all.

I could not in good conscience cast a vote for her.
I can vote in the US and I agree with you. Her reputation is shot IMO.

She's Claire Underwood.

The only reason to vote her in general is because by doing that you decrease the chances of a total evil nutter becoming president. The least of two evils.

:D

I only started watching this a few months ago, and it does make you think is this the sort of stuff that's happening in the background? Also, in my head I reference stuff as it happens to plotlines in the show. Who's the Jackie Sharpe in the Republican nominees at the moment etc..

:D

I only started watching this a few months ago, and it does make you think is this the sort of stuff that's happening in the background? Also, in my head I reference stuff as it happens to plotlines in the show. Who's the Jackie Sharpe in the Republican nominees at the moment etc..
Jackie Sharpe is the whip (or assistant whip?) in congress on the show I believe. She's a Democrat.

Fortunately you're not American and don't have to worry about it.

8103-south-park-blame-canada1.jpg

She's Claire Underwood.

always thought this was Carrie Underwood. I had to look up Claire Underwood. was wondering why Carrie was so evil. She was just a singer. mind you I mix her up with Taylor Swift who is an awful singer.

I think the Drumpf thing is stupid. Many immigrants Americanized their names when they arrived. It's nothing to do with DT how his ancestors behaved and there's plenty of other meat to get your teeth into if you want to tear at him.
Agreed, it's a poor line of attack. Sinks the attackers down to his level (even if Oliver's segment was brilliant).

I think these protests are going to get much more nasty
Is there any event in "open carry" states coming up...
I could easily see a bunch of Trump supporters (with his backing) deciding to protect his right to free speech by asserting their right to carry guns
I also feel like this is a significant likelihood between now and November.

Status
Not open for further replies.