2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The male moderator is appalling. Asking the same question over and over again when Clinton keeps giving the same answer :lol:

What was the whole point of that Benghazi question anyhow? Presumably a debate involves a face-off regarding differences in policy. Instead Hillary was allowed to give some 10 minute monologue about the sacrifices American's make abroad and then Sanders a 30 second response.

What was the whole point of that Benghazi question anyhow? Presumably a debate involves a face-off regarding differences in policy. Instead Hillary was allowed to give some 10 minute monologue about the sacrifices American's make abroad and then Sanders a 30 second response.

Those are the rules that both candidates agreed to. When the other candidate is mentioned, they get a chance to respond.

Those are the rules that both candidates agreed to. When the other candidate is mentioned, they get a chance to respond.

Yeah fair enough but what was the need for the Benghazi question, and how is Sanders expected to contribute to that?

Two brand new polls tonight that more or less spell the end for Marco Bot. If Trump wins FL and Kasich takes OH, he will force Rubio out and Kasich will be the de facto establishment choice, and remain in the race until the convention, potentially depriving Trump of sufficient delegates to avoid a brokered convention.

Florida Republican Presidential Primary FOX News Trump 43, Rubio 20, Cruz 16, Kasich 10 Trump +23
Ohio Republican Presidential Primary FOX News Trump 29, Kasich 34, Cruz 19, Rubio 7 Kasich +5

Yeah fair enough but what was the need for the Benghazi question, and how is Sanders expected to contribute to that?

Wasn't really referring to that particular exchange, mainly the ones where each person is going at the other several times, such as the wall street bailout, arresting undocumented kids etc.

Bernie has a bad tendency to return to his stump, but Hillary does that a lot too. And of course Trump.
Will be interesting in a general debate :lol:

Sanders doesn't realize that his health care ideas are complete non starters. It was hard enough getting Obamacare passed and the GOP are trying to repeal, not entrench it.

Looks like he has been told to be aggressive. Wonder if it works or backfires. So far I think he has landed some solid hits and (at least to my ears) her counter-attacks haven't worked. (In the limited stretches I've watched)

Now this is only my opinion and I'm sure some will disagree but Bernie is doing amazingly well.

He's doing well...Hillary is a bit defensive tonight. She seems tired, which is the kiss of death in terms of voter perception especially when the other guy looked energized.

He's doing well...Hillary is a bit defensive tonight. She seems tired, which is the kiss of death in terms of voter perception especially when the other guy looked energized.

I do have to say that there were a couple of times that she seemed like she was being extremely honest and I liked what I saw. I agree more with Bernie and don't think Hillary would move us far enough from the status quo but she would still be an infinitely better president than Trump.

I do have to say that there were a couple of times that she seemed like she was being extremely honest and I liked what I saw. I agree more with Bernie and don't think Hillary would move us far enough from the status quo but she would still be an infinitely better president than Trump.

I don't think she's a natural politician in the populist sense. In fact, I suspect she didn't even want to run for President until she was coaxed into it by the Dem machine and her family. She is definitely not a natural talker like Bill or Obama are and at the same time doesn't have the populist energy like Sanders, Trump, and before them the likes of Perot, Jerry Brown, and Nader did. This works against her and probably doomed her in 08.

I don't think she's a natural politician in the populist sense. In fact, I suspect she didn't even want to run for President until she was coaxed into it by the Dem machine and her family. She is definitely not a natural talker like Bill or Obama are and at the same time doesn't have the populist energy like Sanders, Trump, and before them the likes of Perot, Jerry Brown, and Nader did. This works against her and probably doomed her in 08.

She is amazingly smart. She's also very compromised.
I feel she is really talented, any White House could use her in crafting policy. But she has the issues you mentioned when she campaigns. And those are worsened by her ties to the worst parts of the establishment.
If she was equally unnatural but had an ounce of Bernie's commitment to principles, she would be walking away with it. She could answer every question with specifics and no need to get defensive.

MARCH 10, 2016

Republican debate – CNN/Salem Radio/Washington Times

Time – 8:30 p.m. ET

Location – University of Miami, Miami, Florida

Moderators – Jake Tapper, Dana Bash, Hugh Hewitt, Stephen Dinan

Candidates – Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, John Kasich

It wasn't for lack of trying, but her upbringing and the shitstorm thrown at her by the GOP the last 25 years pretty much mean that she always tilts towards being defensive.

It's one part of American politics I don't get. No one gave a shite about Hollandre, Cameron et al' personality, personal lives. The tendency to pry into a candidate's private life is detestable. 'Sharing my values' should never be top of voters' concerns. Support the policies, not the individual.

It wasn't for lack of trying, but her upbringing and the shitstorm thrown at her by the GOP the last 25 years pretty much mean that she always tilts towards being defensive.

It's one part of American politics I don't get. No one gave a shite about Hollandre, Cameron et al' personality, personal lives. The tendency to pry into a candidate's private life is detestable. 'Sharing my values' should never be top of voters' concerns. Support the policies, not the individual.
Isn't the values and policy thing pretty much the same thing though?

Yeah she seemed genuine when talking about that and wanting to help people BUT I still think some of her decisions have been influenced by a great deal of cynicism and basically bribery.

Isn't the values and policy thing pretty much the same thing though?

Not really, 'values' are usually stuffs that have to do with religion (faith, social views etc...) and public perception (trustworthiness, likeability). There's some justification for the latter but it shouldn't trump the actual policies.

It's borne out of their system's flaw to worship those in office. In a true democracy, those who hold public offices should be subjected to public referendum. If they feck up, call for early election.

Status
Not open for further replies.