2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed my opinion a little bit after seeing the way Rubio responded to being attacked last night. If he wins the nomination which I still think he will, he won't be as inevitable as I thought he would be.

The Dems will hit him hard and judging by last night he doesn't take it too well. The whole "rehearsed candidate" narrative will be hard to shake off.

I've changed my opinion a little bit after seeing the way Rubio responded to being attacked last night. If he wins the nomination which I still think he will, he won't be as inevitable as I thought he would be.

The Dems will hit him hard and judging by last night he doesn't take it too well. The whole "rehearsed candidate" narrative will be hard to shake off.

It was fairly shocking stuff. He was a wet fish and Christie made a fool of him. Very surprising, but puts another spin on this race.

he has no creds. If this is teh best they can come up with...

I can see why the Hillary people are so mad with Bernie. This should eb a cake walk. Instead she has a fight on her hands to get the nomination.

I can see why the Hillary people are so mad with Bernie. This should eb a cake walk. Instead she has a fight on her hands to get the nomination.

Ironically, I think Bernie is the one best placed to attack Rubio on being a career politician, 'rehearsed candidate' doesn't fly coming out of Hillary.

Authenticity goes only so far though.

The Hillary people be cray cray. I see Madeline Albright is insisting that women are being gender traitors for not backing her, and that Gloria Steinem thinks a good amount of women flocking to Sanders are there for the boys, tee hee... She named Bernie as an honorary woman in 96, incidentally :lol:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...oday-to-make-Bernie-Sanders-an-honorary-woman

Ironically, I think Bernie is the one best placed to attack Rubio on being a career politician, 'rehearsed candidate' doesn't fly coming out of Hillary.

she has experience and though she is also involved in money politics, she is not a fake.

I agree Bernie will simply destroy this Rubio.

Hillary has experience, whatever way you look at it. She'll be more ready than anyone to lead. Rubio is a senator for 4 years and as Christie mentioned he's not done anything worthwhile in his time there and his attendance record is poor. That line of attack should resonate. Obama overcame similar criticisms but Obama is a naturally gifted candidate who comes along once in 20 years or so. Rubio doesn't have the gifted personality of an Obama. He's not even close.

Repubs seem to have forgotten all of the attacks they launched at Obama for being green and rarely showing up to vote.

Funny that.

Bernie beats Rubio, but still very concerned that Rubio beats Hillary.

I would really love to see Bernie becoming the new president, but Hillary is great compared to those lunatics in the other side.

Christie really hammered Rubio though Rubio really recovered decently later but that's a big blooper.

Btw, the Crowd was very anti Rubio there. Wonder why ? Makes it look even worser.

That's curious at debates because when previously Jeb Bush attacked him on somewhat similar lines though he handled it much better, the crowd their was way more on his side.

The rehearsed speech is dumb too. Obama isn't even running and moaning about him wanting to change the country is pretty fecking stupid considering his campaign slogan was Hope and Change!

I would really love to see Bernie becoming the new president, but Hillary is great compared to those lunatics in the other side.
No way that Bernie sanders wins the national election. Clinton has a chance but she should be disqualified for her actions with classified materials while she was Secretary of State. Before you say I'm a republican I'm not voted democratic for 30 years. The republicans are going to win book it.

No way that Bernie sanders wins the national election. Clinton has a chance but she should be disqualified for her actions with classified materials while she was Secretary of State. Before you say I'm a republican I'm not voted democratic for 30 years. The republicans are going to win book it.

Just curious; were you also completely ruling out the chance that Bernie would be giving Hillary anything like a run for her money?

Conventional wisdom may not serve pundits well on this one.

I think that Republicans will win it providing that they don't nominate Trump and democrats nominate Clinton.

I think that Sanders beats every Republican, but loses against Clinton.

None of them beat the other. Hypothetical candidate matchups of candidates who may or may not face one another are not a legitimate way of looking at the general election.

Christie really hammered Rubio though Rubio really recovered decently later but that's a big blooper.

Btw, the Crowd was very anti Rubio there. Wonder why ? Makes it look even worser.

That's curious at debates because when previously Jeb Bush attacked him on somewhat similar lines though he handled it much better, the crowd their was way more on his side.

Could hazard a few guesses... It's closer to Christie's home state than Rubio's, and also they probably got hit with that same weather Rubio was trying to slag him about.

Rubio is toast imo. That blooper was worse than his water gaff a few years back. Any time he does well, Trump will now call him an android.

None of them beat the other. Hypothetical candidate matchups of candidates who may or may not face one another are not a legitimate way of looking at the general election.
I was just giving my guess, which I cannot call even an educated guess. Have been saying for a long time (maybe more than a year), that I find Rubio the most dangerous guy from Republicans, because I think that he can win.

Still think so despite the Marcobot phenomenon.

Could be a Perry "oops" moment, suppose it depends on whether it catches hold. If Trump gets a big win in NH then we're pretty much back to where we were pre-Iowa.

I was just giving my guess, which I cannot call even an educated guess. Have been saying for a long time (maybe more than a year), that I find Rubio the most dangerous guy from Republicans, because I think that he can win.

Still think so despite the Marcobot phenomenon.

That's the conventional wisdom because he's young and a bit Obama like for the Republicans, and given Hillary's flop against Obama, people have always deduced she would do poorly against Rubio. Fortunately, Rubio is no Republican Obama and is actually quite prone to coming off like an unprincipled talking point robot, much as he did last night.

That's the conventional wisdom because he's young and a bit Obama like for the Republicans, and given Hillary's flop against Obama, people have always deduced she would do poorly against Rubio. Fortunately, Rubio is no Republican Obama and is actually quite prone to coming off like an unprincipled talking point robot, much as he did last night.
Yep. It is simple conjecture.

You still think that it will be Clinton vs Bush?

Out of interest, is she running as Rodham Clinton this time? I haven't thought of that up to now.

I'd be interested to know what Bill would be called if she won. First Man? First Husband? First Gentleman? :D
Mister President.

Don't US presidents get called so regardless?

He'll be terrific, he knows how to make deals. That's what we need, someone who can make deals with Putin, China, Mexico, and Iran.

Status
Not open for further replies.