2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't agree. He's toast if he makes it to the GE, so let's hope he does.

If he makes it to the Gen, the GOP will be fecked because he will be forced to take centrist positions to get independent votes, which will enrage the tea party nutters who are supporting him now. His campaign will eventually implode into a death spiral, which is imo, why I think both Hillary or Bernie have a decent chance at winning (although Bernie's policies will never see the light of day if he wins).

If he makes it to the Gen, the GOP will be fecked because he will be forced to take centrist positions to get independent votes, which will enrage the tea party nutters who are supporting him now. His campaign will eventually implode into a death spiral, which is imo, why I think both Hillary or Bernie have a decent chance at winning (although Bernie's policies will never see the light of day if he wins).

the people who are angry...ok some may be tea party. But a lot of them are blue color voters and conservatives and southerners.

the people who are angry...ok some may be tea party. But a lot of them are blue color voters and conservatives and southerners.

I honestly can't see Trump taking the entire south the way normal establishment candidates in the past have. Conversely, he could challenge the Dems for New York, which would be massive, although Hillary obviously has NY ties as well.

I honestly can't see Trump taking the entire south the way normal establishment candidates in the past have. Conversely, he could challenge the Dems for New York, which would be massive, although Hillary obviously has NY ties as well.

hmm. really cannot see him beating Hillary in NY. But what attraction would Hillary or Bernie have in the South. Ok AA. but they would be outnumbered.

I just can't see Donald holding up. He can't answer questions, he gives no specifics about policies at all, and when pressed about anything that might lead to him being perceived as anything other than a "nice guy" he just reacts so petulantly. He will implode sooner or later, he will go a step too far and someone will call him on it and he will just show his true colours and crumble. I really can't see him lasting the distance without blowing up, and as many have said, he really doesn't like being told no. He really isn't a very nice guy at all, nor is he that intelligent, surely he can't continue to blag and insult his way to the presidency?

:lol:
Have you seen that Colbert segment after Iowa? The idea Trump can contest NY with the Democratic nominee is laughable

I still maintain my 450 EV prediction for Hillary vs Trump, it would be savage.

hmm. really cannot see him beating Hillary in NY. But what attraction would Hillary or Bernie have in the South. Ok AA. but they would be outnumbered.
William Jefferson.

He really isn't a very nice guy at all, nor is he that intelligent, surely he can't continue to blag and insult his way to the presidency?

I'm actually convinced that his intelligence is below average. Sounds preposterous because he's a billionaire and I'm a pleb on a footy forums, but there's not a single impressive thing about the guy beyond the fact that he was born rich. As for media manipulation, well, in an age when you can become a massive celeb by a poorly made homemade sex tape, I struggle to think of it as an accomplishment.

He will define what he meant. He is already doing it.

Clever bastard.

EDIT: He has enthusiasm. But Hillary will have numbers. She will need Bernie on her side bad. even more than Obama.
They are very unfriendly at the moment, but I think that Bernie will help her when the race is over.

:lol:
Have you seen that Colbert segment after Iowa? The idea Trump can contest NY with the Democratic nominee is laughable

NY is actually one place I see Trump doing well, for obvious reasons. It may not be enough to win, but it won't be a blowout as usual.

They are very unfriendly at the moment, but I think that Bernie will help her when the race is over.
Nowhere near as bad as '08, but then Obama and Clinton are fairly close in ideology terms so it was easier to put it to one sign and campaign for the winner. Harder for Bernie.

I'm actually convinced that his intelligence is below average. Sounds preposterous because he's a billionaire and I'm a pleb on a footy forums, but there's not a single impressive thing about the guy beyond the fact that he was born rich. As for media manipulation, well, in an age when you can become a massive celeb by a poorly made homemade sex tape, I struggle to think of it as an accomplishment.
So if someone from 40 millions made billions has intelligence bellow average?

It doesn't look impressive compared with other rich people, especially considering that most of them made their entire wealth, not inherited.

trump-vs-other-billionaires.png

Ignoring the fact that had he simply put all of that money into an index fund, he'd be as rich, if not even richer today, all the while not ruining the lives of lots of people.

Trump has gone bust at least once during that period and regenerated his wealth with minimal capital. He's brash and arrogant, but you can't really criticize his business acumen.

The party of Lincoln, you know.

If I were an American, I'd actually weep. My best friend went to Virginia for his high school and college, lodged with a local family there. The husband is a firefighter, the wife stay at home. Two kids, all round nice people. But when I told them I'm an atheist, they turned visibly disappointed and spent the next hour trying to convert me :lol:. The country has a religious problem, and the GOP is exacerbating it.

It doesn't look impressive compared with other rich people, especially considering that most of them made their entire wealth, not inherited.

One of the difficulties with valuing trumps portfolio is that it is not predominantly listed on exchanges therefore its hard to give an exact value... some of the real estate he owns is very much prime and things like that can sometimes go for many times what you would imagine their market value to be.

Its not to pretend that the figures look good for him but just to put a bit of context in there

In reality if you look at long term trends of stocks vs property it is very rare over a long period for property to outperform stocks - though it is seen in many respects as a safer investment as there is a physical entity to it. - It could be argued as such trump has somewhat mitigated risk at the expense of potential reward though in truth I think that would be as overly generous as simply comparing real estate investments is to tracker indexes is unfair (because they are entirely different asset classes and often held with a different mindset)

I think he is rather despicable and I have horrible visions of my grandkids one day asking how did they let trump become president (as I and I am sure many others naively mused about the rise of Hitler when we were kids) - much as I'm not a fan of his though I will say he has conducted his campaign in a pretty intelligent way and has used social media excellently to get over his (imo deplorable) views at minimal spend whilst dominating the news cycle.

Carly Fiorina had pretty credible business credentials but has got little to no traction amongst the voters so whilst it may seem like he is a demagogue remember that to do so is in its self quite a (horrible) skill set to possess as not only do you have to have your finger on the pulse of what is popular policy but you have to have the ability to get out (often) controversial messages and spin them enough to hold a popular mandate... Im not sure any of the candidates have demonstrated the ability to manage their message anything like as well as trump - and fiornia excepted I cant see any of them holding their own in a business based one on one debate with him.

One of the difficulties with valuing trumps portfolio is that it is not predominantly listed on exchanges therefore its hard to give an exact value... some of the real estate he owns is very much prime and things like that can sometimes go for many times what you would imagine their market value to be.

Its not to pretend that the figures look good for him but just to put a bit of context in there

In reality if you look at long term trends of stocks vs property it is very rare over a long period for property to outperform stocks - though it is seen in many respects as a safer investment as there is a physical entity to it. - It could be argued as such trump has somewhat mitigated risk at the expense of potential reward though in truth I think that would be as overly generous as simply comparing real estate investments is to tracker indexes is unfair (because they are entirely different asset classes and often held with a different mindset)

I think he is rather despicable and I have horrible visions of my grandkids one day asking how did they let trump become president (as I and I am sure many others naively mused about the rise of Hitler when we were kids) - much as I'm not a fan of his though I will say he has conducted his campaign in a pretty intelligent way and has used social media excellently to get over his (imo deplorable) views at minimal spend whilst dominating the news cycle.

Carly Fiorina had pretty credible business credentials but has got little to no traction amongst the voters so whilst it may seem like he is a demagogue remember that to do so is in its self quite a (horrible) skill set to possess as not only do you have to have your finger on the pulse of what is popular policy but you have to have the ability to get out (often) controversial messages and spin them enough to hold a popular mandate... Im not sure any of the candidates have demonstrated the ability to manage their message anything like as well as trump - and fiornia excepted I cant see any of them holding their own in a business based one on one debate with him.
I agree with most of the post.

Fiorina almost bankrupted HP, her business credentials are as credible as Moyes' managerial credentials.

I agree with most of the post.

Fiorina almost bankrupted HP, her business credentials are as credible as Moyes' managerial credentials.
But still david moyes credentials as a football manager are probably (just) ahead of ed millibands for example... Fiorina rose to a position where she ran one of the largest companies in the world - she probably understands a lot more about how businesses work than say Rubio who is essentially a career politician (School to uni (politics) to post grad (law) to intern for Republican party and then stands for (and wins) city commissioner at 26 years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.