Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be the most exciting signing but I think he will be a hit under Mourinho. He is exactly the type of striker José likes to play with and having been his manager previously at Madrid he knows his strengths and weaknesses very well.

For example, in the last season he scored a league goal every 80 something minutes. 15 goals in 14 starts compared to Neymar who scored 13 in 30 starts and Benzema with just 11 in 23 starts.

Wikipedia won't tell you that.

Because then your data might actually be worth something.

Not if I'm only trying to find out how many goals he scored.

Why is he only making 14 starts if his goal scoring record is so good?

And can you honestly say he's likely to provide us with the 28 goals we're losing from Ibra?

Guaranteed that when the deal will be announced it will be something like 50+20 add on or something. Remember pogba and the 120+25 rumours only for it to be 100 flat?

And can you honestly say he's likely to provide us with the 28 goals we're losing from Ibra?

Because of Benzema and Zidane thats why. People have been calling for him to get more minutes for ages.

Because at Madrid you start because of your reputation. Isco has been excellent for them but rest assured Bale will bench him the first game he is fully fit.

He's the sort of signing Fergie made and usually excelled.

Often recently we've bought big players on the downward spiral. Morata is a good player on the up, he's got everything to prove and will relish having the full faith of Mourinho in him, and of course our fans.

I'm not saying he's as good as Ibra but Morata's conversion rate is better. I've seen quite a few Real Madrid fans say Morata doesn't fit into Madrid's system that's why he doesn't start as many games. Also, he will never be able to start consistently ahead of Benzema as long as he's there because of Zidane.

You're trying to judge a player you have probably never watched play for an extended period of time.

Because he's better as an impact sub?

Im not even going to bother, I was simply making a point about your daft comment about there not being any point to spending more than the minimum amount of time doing research. The fact you are asking these questions suggests you might be better off if you looked into it more.

We are the most famous football club in the world. Our business is world class. We have been a success in our home league and in Europe year after year. Moyes and LvG did not help us, but everyone has bad years.

In my opinion, we are a bigger club than Real Madrid.

Our fax machines also work better. No, we are simply not and there is no shame about it.

As for Morata. I like that we could take from them a player who they don't want to sell. Yes, at this point, they do not want to sell, as Mbappe could stay for another year in Monaco. In the end, it's quite obvius they will get him but they do need a replacement if the deal does not happen this summer.

His CL stats in 2014/15 is of an elite striker.

2014/15: 5 goals & 2 assists
( 2 goals Vs Dortmund in QF, 2 goals Real Madrid in semis and 1 vs Barcelona in the final.)

second most goals for Madrid this season, second best conversion rate in La Liga.

He's instantly going to improve our attack. It's as simple as that.

I think he has the mentality Jose says he likes in his players.

On a football level, he's an ideal player for a Mourinho system. And he's pretty much very good at everything. I think his finishing could be slightly better, but he is a very technically gifted big man.

His CL stats in 2014/15 is of an elite striker.

2014/15: 5 goals & 2 assists
( 2 goals Vs Dortmund in QF, 2 goals Real Madrid in semis and 1 vs Barcelona in the final.)

Sounds better than Mbappe's. Maybe Morata will be next in line for the Ballon D'or

The money doesn't necessarily matter - we seem to be able to afford just about anything at the moment. The only question we need to be asking is 'is he the right player for us?'

I would say no.

He's a 15 goals a season guy, and we've already got Rashford and Martial who are in this category. it's simplistic I know, but we need to find 28 goals to replace Ibra, then a further 20 or so goals to challenge for the title.

He will easily clear 15 goals by Christmas.

Can you honestly say he's likely to provide us with the 28 goals we're losing from Ibra?

If he gets on the end of the same chances as Ibra had (and sometimes really failed hard at), its not that unrealistic I think. 17 goals in the league? I think Morata could achieve that.

From what i have heard from Madrid fans he is pretty much the perfect number 9. The only question mark on his head is his tendency to overthink the game when he is the main man and the pressure is on him to deliver. I would probably put that down to the fact that he has had very few chances to be the main man this season and he will grow into his role with us. He creates a lot of his own chances like Ibra with his movement and is a better finisher than Ibra, he is behind him in his hold up play though. He would 100% be my preferred choice out of him and Bellotti and Lukaku is one of the least Manchester United players i have ever laid my eyes on, perfect for the Chavs.

Surprised Juve aren't in for him though considering he has played there and they like to stockpile as much Itallian talent as possible. Meow.

Reactions: Varun
From what i have heard from Madrid fans he is pretty much the perfect number 9. The only question mark on his head is his tendency to overthink the game when he is the main man and the pressure is on him to deliver. I would probably put that down to the fact that he has had very few chances to be the main man this season and he will grow into his role with us. Would 100% be my preferred choice out of him and Bellotti and Lukaku is one of the least Manchester United players i have ever laid my eyes on, perfect for the Chavs.

Surprised Juve aren't in for him though considering he has played there and they like to stockpile as much Itallian talent as possible. Meow.
:lol: ffs

Often recently we've bought big players on the downward spiral. Morata is a good player on the up, he's got everything to prove and will relish having the full faith of Mourinho in him, and of course our fans.
Who have we bought recently that was a big player on a downward spiral?

Because at Madrid you start because of your reputation. Isco has been excellent for them but rest assured Bale will bench him the first game he is fully fit.

Because Bale has also been fantastic for them and IMO better than Isco. Everyone is jumping on the Isco bandwagon now, and rightly so, but when Bale is fit he is one of the absolute best attackers in the world.

Benzema on the other hand I believe starts because he is a better fit than Morata for their team. I don't think Morata is a worse player, but I think Real Madrid as a whole is better with Benzema.

Pogba and Morata will get along nicely as both are Italian. We also have many other Italians like DDG, Mata and Herrera who could help Morata get settled faster here.

Could be the best Italian striker in the league since Ravenelli. Sign him up.

I don't remember Fergie every buying a substitute to be our first time go to. I get your point in level of player though. Fergie would always look for someone he could take to the next level.

If he gets on the end of the same chances as Ibra had (and sometimes really failed hard at), its not that unrealistic I think. 17 goals in the league? I think Morata could achieve that.

Thats also an art, to get at the end of chances. 17 goals from Morata in the league wouldnt be good enough if he plays most games. He scored almost for Madrid as many as a dub mostly. I expect something in the twenties

City just paid £35mil on a 23 year old goalkeeper. You are way off with your estimation.

They also bought Jesus for £30m and Sane for £40m. Yes, I know that was last year but still.
Paying 73m for Morata really is setting the tone for paying massive fees for decent/good players.

Benzema starts because he is more of a 9.5 than a 9. He creates many chances and lets Ronaldo and bale play. This was also the reason Higuain was let go. He hasnt done too badly has he?

Found this to be a nice article/interview, might have been posted already... Seems very eager to become the main man at a proper team now.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/12/alvaro-morata-real-madrid-bayern-munich
Excellent read, thanks for posting. I think he'll do well here with our more compassionate fanbase (compared to the wolves at Real). Seems like a player that will do better if he feels loved. I get the feeling as well from that interview that Mourinho's alleged claims about making him a top striker at United persuaded him as well.

They also bought Jesus for £30m and Sane for 40m. Yes, I know that was last year but still.
Paying 73m for Morata really is setting the tone for paying massive fees for decent/good players.
Firstly, they didn't buy these players from Real who don't even need to sell a player as Morata is more than good enough to be their backup.
Secondly, why do you write Jesus and Sane fees in £ but Morata in € ? Maybe choose $ so it will look even bigger, $82m :eek:

Zidane prefers Benzema who is also a very good player. Maybe the French connection also plays a role. When Morata has played this season he has invariably scored and we created a lot of chances last season so he would have a decent chance to do the same.

Firstly, they didn't buy these players from Real who don't even need to sell a player as Morata is more than good enough to be their backup.
Secondly, why do you write Jesus and Sane fees in £ but Morata in € ? Maybe choose $ so it will look even bigger, $82m :eek:
Agenda posting.

Why do people keep asking this stupid question?

Benzema. The answer is Benzema. He's a better partner for Ronaldo (which is where most of Madrid's goals, and Madrid's most important goals, come from). I don't understand how so many people find this complicated.

Exactly, we keep getting shafted when we do business with Real, whether it's buying or selling.
I thought Morata was £73m. Fair enough if that's Euros I'll change it to £64.1m. Bargain :rolleyes:

What do the Real fans say about him leaving? On the forum I read it's 50-50, some don't rate him much while some think he should have started more games for them.

They also bought Jesus for £30m and Sane for £40m. Yes, I know that was last year but still.
Yeah from Palmeiras and Shalke respectively. Both selling clubs, neither half as big as Madrid. We're buying from a club that has no requirement to sell and who would like to keep hold of their brightest young assets, therefore a premium has to be paid in order to push through a deal.

Sky reported yesterday that Madrid want up to 90 million euros for Morata.

I rate the lad, but paying that much for him would be idiotic even in the batshit crazy market nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.