Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what's the in-joke about the different nationalities :mad:
Someone quite a few pages back then stated that he was against this signing with one of the reasons being that no Italian strikers had been successful in PL.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but i think he would a very good signing.

It's not.

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

The report says madrid expect 70 million euros. That means we might get him for a lower amount than the 70-80 million quoted in Marca.

So that tweet about a deal being agreed for €73m and a medical on Monday was bullshit?

No need to panic. Real will probably get to much for him though. But Woodward is great, maybe he gets us a fair price. I really don't like Real Madrid. They think they are the superpower of football. We are ffs.

No need to panic. Real will probably get to much for him though. But Woodward is great, maybe he gets us a fair price. I really don't like Real Madrid. They think they are the superpower of football. We are ffs.
Unfortunately the reign of mediocrity under Moyes and LVG has left us in a rather sorry state.

The price is high but it won't seem all that bad come the end of the window when Lukaku moves for 95m and potentially Mbappe goes for 130m. The money has gone fecking crazy we either keep up with the market or start shopping for 30m forwards who aren't good enough.

What could possibly have given them that idea, eh?

Lighten up boys about the price. Morata only cost around 4m pounds more than what Liverpool was prepared to offer Southampton for VVD before being publicly humiliated.

Very happy with this transfer, glad he was first choice and we didn't pursue the easier "Premier League proven" option in Lukaku, who couldn't trap a bag of cement and has a habit of going missing in big games.

There are risks involved with Morata which have been mentioned but Jose knows a good striker and saw his potential while at Madrid, so if he thinks Morata is capable of being the main man to lead the line for a top club I trust him 100% on that.

The money doesn't necessarily matter - we seem to be able to afford just about anything at the moment. The only question we need to be asking is 'is he the right player for us?'

I would say no.

He's a 15 goals a season guy, and we've already got Rashford and Martial who are in this category. it's simplistic I know, but we need to find 28 goals to replace Ibra, then a further 20 or so goals to challenge for the title.

Finally we get an elegant player with a really great all round game again. With these types of players we can play more entertaining football for sure.

Still reminds me of Morientes

The money doesn't necessarily matter - we seem to be able to afford just about anything at the moment. The only question we need to be asking is 'is he the right player for us?'

I would say no.

He's a 15 goals a season guy, and we've already got Rashford and Martial who are in this category. it's simplistic I know, but we need to find 28 goals to replace Ibra, then a further 20 or so goals to challenge for the title.
Did you get that info from a 2 minute research on wikipedia?

Because you're rich?

Surprised people saying Morata needs to step up and establish himself. Being a 2nd choice at Real Madrid and Spain isnt exactly failure. He has experience of playing for arguably the best club and International sides in the world over the last six years in major tournaments. ALso lets not forget he lead the line for Juventus for a season in both Serie A and Champions League, a club on a similar standing to us.

I think Morata is a good signing...I dont think it will be a great one though. All these stats from his scoring record last year.....well that was by far his stand out one goal scoring wise. He does everything well for me: Big, strong, technique, driving forward, heading, movement, finishing....but he isnt top tier like Ibra, Rooney, RVP. I would actually say Rashford & Martial both have better potential as strikers but he is also better than where they are at currently and more a steady Eddy. Most importantly though he does fit the Mourinho striker mould of being big, strong and good movement.

70m would be pretty crazy though I have to say....but most of the fees this yar seem to be

If we sign him would I be underwhelemed....no Would I be super excited of what he will bring....no

If this happens I'll be happy, as long as we still look to sign a right winger with pace, skill, and the ability to provide a decent cross.

Because you're rich?

We are the most famous football club in the world. Our business is world class. We have been a success in our home league and in Europe year after year. Moyes and LvG did not help us, but everyone has bad years.

In my opinion, we are a bigger club than Real Madrid.

Did you get that info from a 2 minute research on wikipedia?
2, 9, 15, 12, 20 - goals in last 5 seasons.

And yes, from less than 2 minutes on wiki. Why would I spend longer than that trying to find data?

I know he's a good player, but the statistics aren't brilliant.

We are the most famous football club in the world. Our business is world class. We have been a success in our home league and in Europe year after year. Moyes and LvG did not help us, but everyone has bad years.

In my opinion, we are a bigger club than Real Madrid.
Yes, for all the non-footballing reasons. So we can keep saying that, or try and become as good as Madrid are at the moment.

And yes, from less than 2 minutes on wiki. Why would I spend longer than that trying to find data?

For example, in the last season he scored a league goal every 80 something minutes. 15 goals in 14 starts compared to Neymar who scored 13 in 30 starts and Benzema with just 11 in 23 starts.

Wikipedia won't tell you that.

For example, in the last season he scored a league goal every 80 something minutes. 15 goals in 14 starts compared to Neymar who scored 13 and Benzema with just 11.

Wikipedia won't tell you that.
Wikipedia.. oh well at least he didn't turn to FM manager for statistic.

I hope morata proves us wrong if signed.

1. A regular bench player at madrid.
2. Italian players not sucessful in the premiere league.
3.expensive buy with 60 to 70 mil.
( price of pogba has escalated the market)

If this fella ever gets promoted, he deserved a tagline about Morata being Italian. @Damien

Because then your data might actually be worth something.

Status
Not open for further replies.